Instructors approved!

John Q Public

Just to make the earlier poster feel better...I built out a signature block :frantics:

Whew, I got all the way to the end before I saw that you have a backup Glock for all those 1911s...I kid

NO problem....I feel more adequate now that I am properly adorned...but the simple point is...how long one belongs to a particular forum, post count, etc. aren't the key....its really important that each of us does what we can within our ability and time constraints to make sure the 2A survives....and my sense is that just about everyone here shares that concern.

So if I understand correctly, you are all saying that the curriculum approval form submitted with the application was not the same as curriculum approval for CCL courses? I thought that was the point of it? If not then how do they go about approving said curriculum (anyone have experience of this possibly from other states?)

So if I understand correctly, you are all saying that the curriculum approval form submitted with the application was not the same as curriculum approval for CCL courses? I thought that was the point of it? If not then how do they go about approving said curriculum (anyone have experience of this possibly from other states?)

It is the same. Just fill out what is on the ISP site and mail it.

That's the way I understood it but then why are soapy folks saying "even if the instructor is approved ISP still hasn't approved curriculum"?

That's the way I understood it but then why are soapy folks saying "even if the instructor is approved ISP still hasn't approved curriculum"?

I plan to call ISP Monday to verify that I am good to go. I also am curious if certified instructors will receive additional credentials (certificate, some type of ID card, etc.) or is just seeing your name on the ISP website good enough? It seems to me, the further we get in this process, the more questions we have.

Yeah, it seems to me that the ISP is simply counting on instructors' affidavits that they are teaching a curriculum that meets their standard. Therefore, approved instructors who have signed the curriculum affidavit are good to go.

I'm hoping they tweak their standards so that they are reasonable. We aren't signing it as it isn't teachable, in our opinion. Several questions remain open...one such being what the heck they mean by "public storage".

Wow! What a discussion. If they go alphabetically, I am a W in a W county, so it will be 2515 before they get to me. I got printed Friday AM, submitted the electronic stuff on Fri evening and sent paper stuff Sat AM Express mail. I wonder how big the pile is that they are going through?

Do you see a list of approved curricula on the ISP's website? I don't...

I plan to call ISP Monday to verify that I am good to go. I also am curious if certified instructors will receive additional credentials (certificate, some type of ID card, etc.) or is just seeing your name on the ISP website good enough? It seems to me, the further we get in this process, the more questions we have.

You have to get an ID# so you can fill out the "Department's Concealed Carry Firearms Training Certification form".

You also need the ID# for the approved curriculum that you taught to fill out the form.

c) On the Certitication form, the Instructor shall:

1) certify that the applicant successfully completed a 16 hour training course,

an 8 hour training course, or a 3 hour renewal training course; and

2) provide the unique identification number assigned by the Department to

the approved curriculum and the Instructor.

Wow! What a discussion. If they go alphabetically, I am a W in a W county, so it will be 2515 before they get to me. I got printed Friday AM, submitted the electronic stuff on Fri evening and sent paper stuff Sat AM Express mail. I wonder how big the pile is that they are going through?

I do not think they are going alphabetically... There is already an instructor in Kane Co. There are many counties A-J and I have a difficult time believing that there are no instructor applicants in those counties. I think First come = First Served is much more likely with the applicants batched by what day their paperwork got to the PO box.

Just curious, how many of you "approved instructors" were approved using only the NRA Basic Pistol credentials?
I'm wondering if any were. If so cool. If not rethinking is in order.

Loctite/paint pen/regularly check your gear. A gun falling off your belt is unacceptable

Just curious, how many of you "approved instructors" were approved using only the NRA Basic Pistol credentials?

Loctite/paint pen/regularly check your gear. A gun falling off your belt is unacceptable

At least one instructor was approved using only the NRA Pistol Instructor credentials. I'm guessing we will see a bunch of instructors added to the list Monday when ISP gets back to work on it .

PPOtH Instructor here, so one down...can't speak for the other 6...

Yeah, it seems to me that the ISP is simply counting on instructors' affidavits that they are teaching a curriculum that meets their standard. Therefore, approved instructors who have signed the curriculum affidavit are good to go.

Gangrel was approved without sending the curriculum affadavit thing, unless we are talking about different affadavits

PPOtH Instructor here, so one down...can't speak for the other 6...

I guess we'll have to watch and see. Todd and Molly said BP was good to go.

So where do we find what is acceptable as prior training?

You can't. Still waiting for ISP which I am hesitant in believing they will post anything at this point.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

That is the way I am seeing it also. The ISP now have approved a few instructors so they have met the mandatory date for that. Now was there a mandatory date they have to clarify what the acceptable grandfathered training will be? They will "slow walk" this to death from old age. Jim.

You can't. Still waiting for ISP which I am hesitant in believing they will post anything at this point.

I am beginning to wonder the same thing... I find it hard to believe that with the way they have tried to micromanage everything else, they would leave that amount of control in the instructors hands?

It almost feels like a trap...

That is the way I am seeing it also. The ISP now have approved a few instructors so they have met the mandatory date for that. Now was there a mandatory date they have to clarify what the acceptable grandfathered training will be? They will "slow walk" this to death from old age. Jim.

The mandatory date for posting courses is the same as instructors, 60 days. Section 75, paragraph a...

"Within 60 days of the effective date of this Act, the Department shall begin approval of firearm training courses and shall make a list of approved courses available on the Department's website.

A normal reading of this would mean that they were required to begin approving courses and post at least one of those courses within 60 days...just like they did with instructors.

But, that is just what the law says...they don't need to follow no stinking law.

Archived