Emergency Call to Action 5/20/2019 - Oppose SB1966 HCA1

mauserme

Ok, I guess the antis can file multiple on behalf of other groups they belong too. You know what to do....

On page 2 of the antis there was also the name "Nadja Robot". I suppose it could be a real name, but I have to wonder.

A quick Googling reveals it's likely a U of I employee.

anyone planning a FOIA on the receipt email?

anyone planning a FOIA on the receipt email?

That should be protected, for good reason, along with street addresses and phone numbers.

It would be interesting to see if they redact that information on a FOIA request since you voluntarily entered it into the public record and that record is subject to FOIA request.

You cant fill out duplicates on the same email. How are these people getting around the rules ?

If you own a domain it's stupid easy, a lot of hosting accounts offer a grab all email account meaning all email sent to anyone @yourdomain.com is fed to a single inbox, no need to even create new emails as any email routed to your domain is accepted. Even if you don't have a grab all account you can generate new emails fast enough, plus there are several free temporary email sites that will give emails as fast as you can refresh the page.

And over and above that, you only need an email if you want to register an account or get confirmation that your witness slip was accepted, otherwise you can fill out witness slips all day without entering an email.

You cant fill out duplicates on the same email. How are these people getting around the rules ?

If you own a domain it's stupid easy, a lot of hosting accounts offer a grab all email account meaning all email sent to anyone @yourdomain.com is fed to a single inbox, no need to even create new emails as any email routed to your domain is accepted. Even if you don't have a grab all account you can generate new emails fast enough, plus there are several free temporary email sites that will give emails as fast as you can refresh the page.

And over and above that, you only need an email if you want to register an account or get confirmation that your witness slip was accepted, otherwise you can fill out witness slips all day without entering an email.

Well, they're not alone, I saw a goodly number of John Doe's affiliated with John's Stuff on the opponent side as well.

I see that the ACLU of Illinois has posted a "no position" slip. That surprises me, considering the ACLU has been known to support the 2A (not saying they're all in), and the bill would require the finger printing of law abiding citizens to hold a FOID card.

I wonder what their game is?

As an edit: perhaps this support differs between state organizations. Still interesting that they'd go to the effort of posting a "no position" slip.

Archived