IGOLD 2011 media coverage

Molly B.

Good coverage here on ABC

The first thing they show is the sign that says "BUY GUNS". Ugh. That's not helping. Makes us look like guniacs. Why not the "Dial 911 and pray sign". That would have been better.

Other than that there didn't seem to be any voices for the antis which is good.

To bad Ms D Jackson did not go to school on a regular basis. Several HUNDRED were in attendance.

First her teachers AND parents never taught her to tell the truth.

She would have flunked ANY math class I went to. How many seats in a row? How many rows in a section? How many sections in the building? :thumbsup:

And this type of journalistic ineptness gets her a job on TV in front of a camera?

Here's what I just emailed the editor of the Daily Herald:

Wow.

Approximately 7,000 legal Illinois gun owners marched on Springfield yesterday to lobby for their 2nd Amendment rights, and to push for legislation to keep FOID information private, and all the Daily Herald has is a lukewarm, biased AP story.

Relying on the AP to cover happenings in our own home state? The same AP who is pushing to have the FOID information released?

This is yet another reason why I cancelled my print subscription.

Rgds,

The NEWS-GAZETTE in Champaign did absoutley s**t reporting once again. I tried to find something to link to on their web site but could find nothing there. The front page story is by AP writer Don Babwin and makes no mention whatsoever of RTC. The entire article is about the FOID card debate. Is this the same AP writewr that requested the FOID card release? It was announced at IGOLD that one of the people doing interviews at the Prarie Center was the person who had requested the release and that he was invited to speak but refused.

As if that wasn't enough the editorial page which I also couldn't find online deals with the FOID card release of names. We have now "started whining that thugs would invade their homes." Nice job N-G. Jim.

I was just about to post a comment about that estimate. Seemed awfully low.

LOL - that's good compared to the year they actually said we had "dozens" in attendance.

It's laughable but I do believe it's a blatant attempt to diminish the obvious success of the event.

What is the official Illinois Carry tally of the number in attendance? How many packets were given out at the convention center?

Archived