How have CCL violations of gun free zones been adjudicated in Illinois?

I'm going to keep on eye on this court case. I think it will be ruled in our favor. I think someone should file a lawsuit to get the right to carry on public transportation next after this incident on the South Side

https://www.foxnews.com/us/woman-with-concealed-carry-license-shoots-kills-would-be-robber-at-chicago-bus-stop-police-say. This woman was carrying on public transportation and on this day it likely saved her life!

More likely an unarmed brutally assaulted woman would have better results. Perhaps something like the Mary Sheppard case.

Back on topic, here's a CCL violation: Move, move, move, your f*cking vehicle!

A Cook County Building maintenance worker threatened another driver with a handgun outside the Daley Center, then took the gun to his work locker in violation of the state's concealed carry law, according to prosecutors and police.

Police said a 39-year-old suburban man reported that he was in a car near the Daley Center's underground parking garage entrance around 10 p.m. on June 12th when county worker James Fadziejewski pointed a gun at him and said, "move, move, move, move your f*cking vehicle! I work here!"

Fadziejewski admitted to police that he had been in a verbal altercation with a man who was illegally parked in front of the garage entrance, officers said in a report, but he denied pointing a gun at the man.

When police asked if Fadziejewski had a weapon at work, he allegedly admitted that he did and then took police to his locker where officers recovered a loaded nine-millimeter handgun.

Prosecutors said Fadziejewski has a valid Firearm Owner's ID card and a concealed carry license.

Fadziejewski, of the Garfield Ridge neighborhood, is charged with misdemeanor aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and with having a firearm on local government property. Judge Susana Ortiz released him on a recognizance bond.

TIL: According to 720 ILCS 5/12-2, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon is a misdemeanor if you use a gun, but don't fire it.

Beyond a reasonable doubt could be difficult prove for the aggravated assault (the only witness is the victim and there's no evidence), but the FCCA violation should stick.

• 2 weeks later...
The exemption is for a public right of way that crosses through or touches the Forest. It not that complicated. A public right of way is a trail. Look in the dictionary.

It says "A licensee shall not be in violation of this Section while he or she is traveling along a public right of way that touches or crosses any of the premises under subsection (a), (a-5), or (a-10) of this Section if the concealed firearm is carried on his or her person in accordance with the provisions of this Act or is being transported in a vehicle by the licensee in accordance with all other applicable provisions of law."

Editors.... because wrong...

I'm going to keep on eye on this court case. I think it will be ruled in our favor. I think someone should file a lawsuit to get the right to carry on public transportation next after this incident on the South Side

https://www.foxnews.com/us/woman-with-concealed-carry-license-shoots-kills-would-be-robber-at-chicago-bus-stop-police-say. This woman was carrying on public transportation and on this day it likely saved her life!

What are you going to keep your eye on?

There is no court case AFAIK...

What are you going to keep your eye on?

There is no court case AFAIK...

I'm referring to the Solomon verses Madigan case regarding Cook County Forest carry

Archived