How Your IL Senators Voted Today

Just some guy

[

He was appointed, not elected, when Radogno resigned. I guess he doesn’t understand how his votes will effect his election chances.

The idiot thinks he is SAFE... he probably thinks: "what are we gonna do, elect a DEMOCRAT???"

There is no primary challenger for either party.

So in the 41st Senate District it's gonna be Republican JOHN CURRAN versus Democrat BRIDGET M.FITZGERALD in November 2018

The FIRST line in Bridget's "About Bridget" page is:

ISSUES

Bridget will work with all constituents and across party lines to advocate for:

• strong public safety through common-sense gun laws

Right now he's unassailable. We'll be STUCK with him until 2020,

and then we CAN'T let the Democrats control the gerrymandering again.

OR NOT?

If we throw the baby out with the bathwater,

maybe the republicans AND the democrats will tread a bit more gingerly around us.

Mark Kirk was my federal district rep once upon a time. He not only supported gun control but would sponsor and co sponsored legislation. I had come to the conclusion that the GOP had no problem with this, and started to float the idea around on various gunboards that the only way to get the point across was for gun owners to not only work to primary him but to support the democrat if he won, even if that democrat was equally for gun control. The net result to gun owners would be the same and maybe the next R would be advised by the GOP to at least vote "present" and no on the most extreme bills as the district was not all that pro gun but wasn't hard core anti gun without that push from above. Then Kirk went to the senate and Joe Walsh was here for a term before they redistricted him out of office and the district out of virtually any possibility of a republican winning office.

Archived