The scheme is to make anyone that sells firearm "precursor" parts to be licensed and taxed in California and background check the buyer.
For all of us that love mail-order parts this would suck big time if it moves to Illinois.
SECTION 1. Section 16531 is added to the Penal Code, to read:
16531. (a) As used in this part, commencing July 1, 2020, firearm precursor part means a component of a firearm that is generally necessary to build or assemble a firearm, as follows:
(1) A firearm barrel.
(2) An ammunition feeding device, including, but not limited to, a magazine or speed loader.
(3) An unfinished receiver, including both a single part receiver and a multiple part receiver, such as a receiver in an AR-10- or AR-15-style firearm. An unfinished receiver includes a receiver tube, a molded or shaped polymer frame or receiver, a metallic casting, a metallic forging, and a receiver flat, such as a Kalashnikov-style weapons system, Kalashnikov-style receiver channel, or a Browning-style receiver side plate.
(4) A finished upper receiver for a multiple part receiver system such as an AR-10- and AR-15-style firearm.
(5) An unfinished handgun frame.
(6) A finished slide to be used to enclose a handgun barrel.
(7) A trigger pack or fire control group for a Heckler and Koch- or FN FAL-style firearm.
(b The Department of Justice, consistent with this section, shall provide written guidance and pictorial diagrams demonstrating each category of firearm precursor part specified in subdivision
Edited by chicagoresident, 16 April 2018 - 01:17 PM.