CCL Paper Application Available?

s1175290

I've been trying to submit my license renewal for a month and a half and I can't make any progress on the ISP site. I'm stuck with the dreaded "You cannot access the license wizard...." message. Calls, emails, etc go unanswered, as we all know. Molly even submitted a request for me (in fairness that was only a week ago).

Does anyone have a paper or PDF CCL renewal application they could provide to me? In a last ditch attempt I'd like to send via certified mail a paper renewal application with payment and proof of my training to try and keep my license from lapsing.

My license will expire on 2/28 and I've more or less resigned myself to having to retake the 16 hour class. The lost money and time is REALLY frustrating for something that should be fairly simple.

Thanks.

https://ispfsb.com/Public/Faq.aspx

CCL

How does a citizen apply for an Illinois Concealed Carry License?

The application is available to the public on the ISP webpage - www.ispfsb.com. If you do not have access to a computer, you may call 217-782-7890 and press "0" for a alternative paper application

FOID

What if I do not have a computer, is there a paper application?

Individuals that do not have access to a computer or device that can access the web-site, may submit an application through an alternative call-in method. Applicants may call the ISP at 217-782-7980 and a call-taker will complete your application over the phone, including payment in the form of a credit card, debit card or electronic check. Upon payment, the application will be mailed to you. Upon receipt, you will need to answer some criminal history questions, attach a photograph and sign the application. Applicants will need to return the application back to the Firearms Services Bureau for final processing

edit: two different numbers. I expect one has digits transposed.

https://ispfsb.com/Public/Faq.aspx

CCL

How does a citizen apply for an Illinois Concealed Carry License?

The application is available to the public on the ISP webpage - www.ispfsb.com. If you do not have access to a computer, you may call 217-782-7890 and press "0" for a alternative paper application

If a phone rings in the middle of a vacant ISP office, does it make a sound :frantics: I've tried daily for awhile now at various times.

Also, this is not a logging in problem. I can log in fine, but the ISP site seems to think I've applied for my renewal, which I have not. The 'Renew' button is there, but when I click on it I receive an error that says "You cannot access the license wizard after you have submitted your application" and I cannot do anything after that.

How about the web tech support number Ive seen posted elsewhere? I recall a post saying they picked up and had issue resolved within minutes.

I called that number and it rang to the ISP front desk. All they would do is take a message and pass it along. It was kind of funny - I asked for web/tech support and the trooper said "Like for your computer? This is the ISP, we don't do that." I told him what I was after and that's we he explained I reached the front desk.

I'm wondering if they changed the routing number of that extension so it now rings to the front desk instead of reaching someone who is useful.

Here is my work around suggestion, and it seems to work most of the time.

Trying to get through to the FSB is always next to impossible.

Look up the ISP phone directory. On Monday, call the Deputy Director office number under Division of Administration. Someone will answer. Asked to be transferred to the FSB, 95% of the time its transferred to an internal number and you will be greeted by a human being. If it doesn't work, call back the Deputy Director again where you will get an actual person to complain to.

Good luck.f6066a9a36ffd5f473143c91eb15b9b1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I wanted to give a quick final update....I was about to call using Craig's info above and I checked one late time...and I was able to submit my renewal online.

I have no idea what happened - I left a message but never heard back. I sent several emails but never heard back. Molly sent a message on my behalf but I never heard anything directly. So I have no idea if any of these steps helped.

However....I'm wondering if it might have simply been coincidental. I submitted a FOID change of address back in December. The ISP web site showed me as 'Under Review' for awhile (30ish days) and my FOID went back to active on 1/26. As soon as it went active I had a problem with my CCL renewal. When I logged in today my CCL showed 'Active' as of 2/26 and the renewal button let me process and submit my renewal. I'm wondering if there was some sort of 30 day hold on my CCL renewal after the change of address, or if it's simply a coincidence.

Regarless, i'm thankful for the help and advice from everyone. It would have been a shame to lose my ultra-low CCL license number :getlost:

Here is my work around suggestion, and it seems to work most of the time. Trying to get through to the FSB is always next to impossible. Look up the ISP phone directory. On Monday, call the Deputy Director office number under Division of Administration. Someone will answer. Asked to be transferred to the FSB, 95% of the time its transferred to an internal number and you will be greeted by a human being. If it doesn't work, call back the Deputy Director again where you will get an actual person to complain to. Good luck.f6066a9a36ffd5f473143c91eb15b9b1.jpg Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

They must have caught on to this approach. Tried this suggestion to start a FOID app for my 10yr old son. The nice lady said the FSB is getting to many calls to handle so she took my name and number down and said someone should call me back in a few days.

Archived