ISP FILES EMERGENCY RULES REGARDING FOID AND CCL RENEWALS

Molly B.

My wifes LTC expires very soon this month. So even if it is submitted after the expiration date the 16 hour class won't be required. She took the 3 hour renewal class.

Does anyone here have contact information for JJ Wittenborn? My wife took his 3 hour renewal class and she needs a training certificate. PM me if you have contact info.

One other thing when did the FOID card number and the LTC number become the same? Can't find her FOID card and I need the number.

My wifes LTC expires very soon this month. So even if it is submitted after the expiration date the 16 hour class won't be required. She took the 3 hour renewal class.

Does anyone here have contact information for JJ Wittenborn? My wife took his 3 hour renewal class and she needs a training certificate. PM me if you have contact info.

One other thing when did the FOID card number and the LTC number become the same? Can't find her FOID card and I need the number.

Private message sent. I believe the number match started in 2015? If you log into her account, the FOID number will be there.

So, we know that legislators misused/swept funds meant for FOID/CCL. We also know that they only use a fraction of the money allocated to them for the actual programs. Now, we are in a crisis and people that don’t have a FOID/CCL are having issues getting one (not only cuz of software issues, but because it takes months to get a FOID/CCL).

Isn’t this grounds for another possible lawsuit if someone applied and either couldn’t finish the application or is in limbo (pending) past a certain time, especially considering the circumstances?

• 3 weeks later...

FYI, CCL renewals without proof of training are live now. Was able to submit my renewal application tonight.

What is the process like. What information did you have to put in.

When I went through they seem to have completely removed the page to submit your class certificate, also when you log on you get alert with the text with the emergency rules that ISP has already published.

In addition all expiration dates now show "COVID-19".

FYI, CCL renewals without proof of training are live now. Was able to submit my renewal application tonight.

What is the process like. What information did you have to put in.

When I went through they seem to have completely removed the page to submit your class certificate, also when you log on you get alert with the text with the emergency rules that ISP has already published.

In addition all expiration dates now show "COVID-19".

Thank you.

• 5 weeks later...

Yes.

So can you renew a CCL after the expiration date on the card without 16 hours of training again?
Typically there has been a small window for a grace period, but thats extended under the COVID rules

Q. My FOID/CCL expired three months ago, and I haven't submitted a renewal application as of today. Can I submit my late FOID/CCL renewal application now in order for my expired FOID/CCL to remain valid, or was there a specific time frame I needed to do this in, in order for it to remain valid?

A. Your expired FOID/CCL will remain valid for the duration of the disaster proclamation plus 12 months. If you fail to file a renewal application during that time frame, your FOID/CCL license will expire once the 12-month period has elapsed

• 1 month later...

Archived