1911 carry

ColdWarrior

I do - IWB and OWB both.

Locked and cocked - the way it's supposed to be carried.

I'm not a striker fired guy and like my safeties!

I just prefer a firearm with some heft to it so have never carried anything else. Heck, I don't ever own anything else!!

I frequently carry a High Power, IWB - hammer down cocked and locked (SFS).

Hammer Down keeps the hammer from digging in to my soft skin or maybe snagging on something. I prefer a single clip kydex holster to those "comfy looking' hybrid IWB things.

SFS is pretty cool. It is available only for High Powers (I have 2 with factory installed SFS) and 1911s. In the future it may be available for the CZ75 platform and some tiny SA Sigs.

I used to carry a 3" Kimber .45 IWB cocked and locked. I traded it off for a Ruger LCP II and an XDs 3.3 BBL in .45 .

I sure do miss my 1911 but needed something for pocket carry in the summer.

I don't understand why people say they have to pocket carry in the summer. I carry a Kimber Ultra Tactical in Wright Leather Works Pancake holster 365 days a year. In the shorts and T-Shirt weather I wear one size bigger T-Shirt.

I used to carry a 3" Kimber .45 IWB cocked and locked. I traded it off for a Ruger LCP II and an XDs 3.3 BBL in .45 .

I sure do miss my 1911 but needed something for pocket carry in the summer.

I don't understand why people say they have to pocket carry in the summer. I carry a Kimber Ultra Tactical in Wright Leather Works Pancake holster 365 days a year. In the shorts and T-Shirt weather I wear one size bigger T-Shirt.

Maybe this will help you better understand . I used to carry my 3" ultra tactical IWB during the summer with a jean vest for cover. However since I first became disabled in early 2005 , my health has slowly gone down hill. I now can no longer take the heat as well as I used to .

I am on oxygen 24/7 . I am also size XXL with a body shape that does not go well with T shirts , even a size larger , for cover. I don't like to print. That's just me.

Thus the reason for pocket carry. I use a Desantis super fly holster so it looks like I have a wallet in my front pocket.

Archived