Approved

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jackie1234

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:52 PM

OK, so I finally went "Active" today. Here's my timeline for anyone who's wondering about times. FYI - I was UBR.

8/16/18 - Applied online (no prints)

11/5/18 - Changed from Under Review to Under Board Review

11/6/18 - Submitted online response to the board via the link on the status page

11/20/18 - Spoke with Mr Ackerman to ask for more time but he said they already overruled my objection because my reply was good enough

11/21/18 - Status changed to regular Under Review (showed Approved via the Inspect Element trick)

11/30/18 - Rec'd letter in mail stating I was eligible (dated 11/21/18)

12/06/18 - Status changed from Under Review to Active

113 days from submitted ap to Active status. Now to check the mailbox until it comes!

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788

#2 Cordell34

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:12 PM

Boy have things progresses. There was once upon a time when on objection wouldn’t eve reach the board at minimum 12 months. Congratulations.

#3 Patriots & Tyrants

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:07 PM

Just curious was it a Tom Dart objection or from someone else?

#4 InterestedBystander

• 5,404 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:02 PM

Just curious was it a Tom Dart objection or from someone else?

Addison PD in DuPage.
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸

#5 Bitter Clinger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:57 AM

That's faster than many "normal" applications.  Simply amazing.

I wonder if this is an anomoly.

#6 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 13,209 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:27 AM

The pessimist in me is wondering if the rapid, efficient way they have been processing applications isn’t a going away present to us because they know come January the department will be decimated and will just have a token staff.
But as I said, that’s the pessimist in me speaking.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#7 jackie1234

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:42 AM

I don't think so. My husband was objected by Addison PD also, we applied same day and he got his in the mail about 2 weeks ago. It seems as though I got lucky by contacting the board's attorney and working with Molly B or they are just that caught up now. Also, I saw on here a ton of people go active yesterday. 

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."

#8 InterestedBystander

• 5,404 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:47 AM

Unfortunately, there is a completely new review board (that gets appointed by JBP I believe) in January. Who knows what we will see then. I dont know if there are term limits for board members but I dont see JBP retaining many, if any, of existing board.
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸

#9 jackie1234

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:41 AM

Unfortunately, there is a completely new review board (that gets appointed by JBP I believe) in January. Who knows what we will see then. I dont know if there are term limits for board members but I dont see JBP retaining many, if any, of existing board.

All 7 board members I believe have 4 year terms and I believe all 7 of them are up 1/12/19. Don't quote me but I think that's how it was. I read about that months ago. So, you know they'll all be gone because they are all appointed by the governor. Good thing I got mine now. No pun intended but those of use that went UBR and get approved now really dodged a bullet.

#10 RightToBearArms

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:09 PM

wow, well mine recently went back to under review from being under board review i hope they hurry up before the new board is appointed....

#11 04 Cobra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:45 PM

congrats!! :frantics:  :frantics:

#12 InterestedBystander

• 5,404 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 11:42 PM

All 7 board members I believe have 4 year terms and I believe all 7 of them are up 1/12/19. Don't quote me but I think that's how it was. I read about that months ago. So, you know they'll all be gone because they are all appointed by the governor. Good thing I got mine now. No pun intended but those of use that went UBR and get approved now really dodged a bullet.
https://www2.illinoi...l.aspx?BCID=739

Term: Initial terms end on January 12, 2015, Thereafter, the commissioners shall hold office for 4 years, with terms expiring on the second Monday in January of the fourth year.

Senate Confirmation: Yes

Party Affiliation: No more than 4 commissioners shall be members of the same political party

Qualifications: 3 commissioners residing within the First Judicial District and one commissioner residing within each of the 4 remaining Judicial Districts.

Composition: 7 Commissioners appointed by the Governor (1) one commissioner with at least 5 years of service as a federal judge; (2) 2 commissioners with at least 5 years of experience serving as an attorney with the United States Department of Justice; (3) 3 commissioners with at least 5 years of experience as a federal agent or employee with investigative experience or duties related to criminal justice under the United States Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement Administration, Department of Homeland Security, or Federal Bureau of Investigation; and (4) one member with at least 5 years of experience as a licensed physician or clinical psychologist with expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.

Chair: The Governor shall designate one commissioner as the Chairperson.

Edited by InterestedBystander, 10 December 2018 - 11:45 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸

#13 jackie1234

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 09:26 AM

https://www2.illinoi...l.aspx?BCID=739

Term: Initial terms end on January 12, 2015, Thereafter, the commissioners shall hold office for 4 years, with terms expiring on the second Monday in January of the fourth year.

Senate Confirmation: Yes

Party Affiliation: No more than 4 commissioners shall be members of the same political party

Qualifications: 3 commissioners residing within the First Judicial District and one commissioner residing within each of the 4 remaining Judicial Districts.

Composition: 7 Commissioners appointed by the Governor (1) one commissioner with at least 5 years of service as a federal judge; (2) 2 commissioners with at least 5 years of experience serving as an attorney with the United States Department of Justice; (3) 3 commissioners with at least 5 years of experience as a federal agent or employee with investigative experience or duties related to criminal justice under the United States Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement Administration, Department of Homeland Security, or Federal Bureau of Investigation; and (4) one member with at least 5 years of experience as a licensed physician or clinical psychologist with expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.

Chair: The Governor shall designate one commissioner as the Chairperson.

Thanks IB!! I know I can depend on you to help me out! :) 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Approved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users