20 replies to this topic

#1 Warped

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:38 AM

Gun owner shot and killed during gun confiscation by police

https://www.ammoland.../#axzz5WMP6I6Gg

Remember ....Four boxes keep us free: the soap box. the ballot box. the jury box. and the cartridge box.!!

Now living in Arizona and it is not the 2nd amendment utopia that a lot of people think it is

#2 byxlaw

• Supporting Members Team
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:40 AM

On an anniversary of cristallnacht?.. Sent using Tapatalk

#3 2smartby1/2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:43 AM

This will be interesting.....

#4 spec5

Nuclear Member

• Members
  • 4,639 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:44 AM

No due process. Was he a threat to himself or in this instance were the police the threat? Thin line.

Edited by spec5, 09 November 2018 - 08:45 AM.

NRA Member Life Member
ISRA Member
Illinois Carry
Pershing Nuclear Missile 56th Field Artillery Brigade Veteran
1/41 Field Artillary Germany

#5 IH8IL

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:41 AM

Is there a reason it has to be done at 5am? Seems alot like no knock warrants. Wake people up and they’re cranky.

#6 biggun 1

• 469 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:48 AM

i said from the start the red flag law is a bad idea.the anti gun nuts are and will continue to take our gun rights away until they are no rights left and they don,it care if legal firearm owners get killed in the process.

#7 2smartby1/2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:54 AM

i said from the start the red flag law is a bad idea.the anti gun nuts are and will continue to take our gun rights away until they are no rights left and they don,it care if legal firearm owners get killed in the process.

The whole thing is touchy.

How many people are blaming LEO's for not taking away weapons from other recent shooters?  

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

#8 GTX63

• Members
  • 4,692 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:56 AM

According to the article, the complaint was filed by the 60 year old man's wife. The niece disputes that her uncle was a threat to anyone, and that it was "family being family."

None the less, it takes one person to file and one judge to accept their word to enact these no knock confiscations.

#9 soylentgreen

• Members
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:26 AM

I can't see how these laws are constitutional. 

#10 TomKoz

• 3,651 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:48 PM

Major Civil Rights Violation lawsuit coming ???
Stay Alert ... Stay Alive !!

#11 357

• Members
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:56 PM

They took away his 1st, 2nd, 5th and 14 Amendment rights and his life for an unconstitutional law passed with money from Bloomberg. For what, thought crimes? Is this still America, what's different between this and what the Gestapo did? How can this law be legal when anyone seeking revenge can get you killed by the police?
If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
James Madison

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Edmund Burke

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"
George Orwell

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will loose both"
Benjamin Franklin

#12 Euler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:28 PM

... Willis's niece, Michele Willis, said her aunt took out the order on Willis. She said it was just "family being family." ...

The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.
- Albert Camus, Resistance, Rebellion, and Death, 1960.

#13 357

• Members
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:45 PM

... Willis's niece, Michele Willis, said her aunt took out the order on Willis. She said it was just "family being family." ...

What's to stop an ex or a relative you don't get along with or someone trying to get you from doing the same thing?
If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
James Madison

Edmund Burke

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"
George Orwell

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will loose both"
Benjamin Franklin

#14 fxdpntc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:39 PM

What's to stop an ex or a relative you don't get along with or someone trying to get you from doing the same thing?

Nothing

NRA Life Member

ISRA Life Member

USPSA Life Member

USMC 68-69

#15 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 15,467 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:59 PM

He initially put the gun down, but picked it back up and then “became irate” at law enforcement when they tried to serve him the order. A struggle began for the gun between Willis and one of the officers at the scene.

If true, this was not a wise move.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#16 biggun 1

• 469 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:21 PM

i am a law abiding gun owner but i would have a hard time turning my collection over to law inforcement when i have done nothing wrong or illegal.not sure how i would handle it .i hope i never have to find out.they would need to bust the door down at 5 am because i am a heavy sleeper and might not hear them banging on the door.

#17 biggun 1

• 469 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:29 PM

He initially put the gun down, but picked it back up and then “became irate” at law enforcement when they tried to serve him the order. A struggle began for the gun between Willis and one of the officers at the scene.

If true, this was not a wise move.

i sure hope the officer who did the shooting had a body cam that was turned on.

#18 biggun 1

• 469 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:40 PM

They took away his 1st, 2nd, 5th and 14 Amendment rights and his life for an unconstitutional law passed with money from Bloomberg. For what, thought crimes? Is this still America, what's different between this and what the Gestapo did? How can this law be legal when anyone seeking revenge can get you killed by the police?

no doubt in my mind this law will be abused more and more as time goes on.the law states that the person filing the complaint can see real trouble if it is found to be untrue,i hope they keep records on the outcome of the trial when it goes in front of a judge.on another note,i wonder how the dead guy,s wife is doing after all this.

#19 cybermgk

• 1,906 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:23 AM

From the article, reading between the lines, his wife/ex-wife/sister took it out as part of a family squable.  EXACTLY the issue with these ex-parte type laws, potential for abuase.

I REALLY hope a law-suit comes out of this, against the law and the State.

ISRA Member

NRA Member

U.S.A.F Veteran

Single Father of 2

#20 lilguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 09:40 AM

Using the tax code to distroy an industry is quite novel. I can think of only one other instance,tobacco, where its used. Govt has used tobacco of centuries as a cash cow only recently turning bipolar on the product. Ammo tax at 1 cent per round may raise some money but at 1 dollar per youre trying to stop its use cold.

Edited by lilguy, 12 November 2018 - 09:42 AM.

#21 357

• Members
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 12:10 PM

no doubt in my mind this law will be abused more and more as time goes on.the law states that the person filing the complaint can see real trouble if it is found to be untrue,i hope they keep records on the outcome of the trial when it goes in front of a judge.on another note,i wonder how the dead guy,s wife is doing after all this.

From the article, reading between the lines, his wife/ex-wife/sister took it out as part of a family squable.  EXACTLY the issue with these ex-parte type laws, potential for abuase.

I REALLY hope a law-suit comes out of this, against the law and the State.

This law was made by the antis to be abused and to confiscate as many people's guns as they can under the guise of safety. Same thing with domestic violence laws, they are not meant to protect women but to throw a big net and take as many people's guns away as possible.

If they cared about women's safety they wouldn't tell them to carry a tongue depressor. If they cared about people's safety they wouldn't leave them defenseless. They are happy and don't care if gun owners die as long as Bloomberg's agenda is carried out.
We have the same law in Illinois and the same thing can happen to us.

Governor Rauner should have vetoed it and one of the reasons not all of his supporters voted for him because he tried to please the liberals. This law is unconstitutional on many levels and tyrannical and takes people's rights away with secret evidence. The NRA and SAF should challenge this law in court everywhere and a danger to himself or others can mean anyone without evidence as designed by the anti Constitution people.

"All information in an extreme risk protection order is automatically marked confidential and cannot be released. It takes a court order to unseal the documents. Gun rights advocates along with civil liberty activists have long complained that is easier to get an extreme risk protection order than to find out the reason for the for the order."
James Madison

Edmund Burke

George Orwell

Benjamin Franklin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users