Application Denied!

olds350

I checked my application status last week and it said DENIED. When I sign it says "Your application has been denied for the following reason:

• FOID-Adjudicated delinquent minor (State) or an adult with a juvenile adjudication of a felony" .
    I have called the ISP twice and they have not been able to give me any info on how to start the appeal process. I halfway expected this to happen because it came up when I applied for my Florida and Arizona ccw permits. I have court documents stating this judgment was vacated. Once I provided this to Florida and Arizona they promptly issued my permits. I’m sure if I can show this document to Illinois they will then approve my application. I contacted an attorney for clarification and she was surprised this came up until I told her it Cook County was involved. She said they have horrible record keeping. I have read online that I can appeal through the Concealed Carry Licensing Review Board but I have no idea how to contact them for the appeal. Any suggestions?

Thanks

I'd like to ask two questions while this is fresh.

1. Did you receive email notification from the Isp on this? If not , Please post back if and when you do. We are all curious on what delay may be involved with notification.

2. This incident, How many years back did this occur? Curious to see how far back they are looking. That also may help you. Look into how far back legislation has stated they can look.

I had the same problem when I applied for my foid card you'll get a denial in the mail for the foid card from the state police stating why you was denied, since you are not eligible for the foid card your not eligible for a CCL, first get a recent copy of your certified statement of conviction/ disposition plus the court order that vacated your sentence, send to Illinois State Police Eligibility 801 South Seventh Street, Suite 400-m Springfield, IL 62794-9461 ((217)728-7980 after you send your documents give them about a couple of weeks to review your documents, after review your case goes over to the Illinois Bureau of Identification (they are very helpful and friendly) I do not have the number but you could find it on Illinois.gov. your background is checked in conviction status updated I did this back in 2012 I don't know if the process has changed, also wait for you denial letter so you could be sure why you was denied Illinois has poor record keeping. The process from start to finish took 3 months after denial letter. KEEP ALL DOCUMENTS AND LETTERS FOREVER, u never know when you'll need them. Good Luck

I had the same problem when I applied for my foid card you'll get a denial in the mail for the foid card from the state police stating why you was denied, since you are not eligible for the foid card your not eligible for a CCL, first get a recent copy of your certified statement of conviction/ disposition plus the court order that vacated your sentence, send to Illinois State Police Eligibility 801 South Seventh Street, Suite 400-m Springfield, IL 62794-9461 ((217)728-7980 after you send your documents give them about a couple of weeks to review your documents, after review your case goes over to the Illinois Bureau of Identification (they are very helpful and friendly) I do not have the number but you could find it on Illinois.gov. your background is checked in conviction status updated I did this back in 2012 I don't know if the process has changed, also wait for you denial letter so you could be sure why you was denied Illinois has poor record keeping. The process from start to finish took 3 months after denial letter. KEEP ALL DOCUMENTS AND LETTERS FOREVER, u never know when you'll need them. Good Luck

I do have a FOID and I received it with no issues about 5 years ago. I recently checked if it was still valid and it is. I hope I get a letter or an email with the next step soon so I can start the appeal process.

I do have a FOID and I received it with no issues about 5 years ago. I recently checked if it was still valid and it is. I hope I get a letter or an email with the next step soon so I can start the appeal process.

maybe that didn't update their records, or maybe we who were wrongfully convicted of felonies that were misdemeanors had objections filed by law enforcement to make sure we didn't sneak threw the cracks of their bad record keeping, also when you get the letter it's probably going to tell you to surrender your foid card IMG_20140201_0003.pdf

I have a C&R from 2001 and a new Fla permit. The C&R revealed a 1972 arrest for a misdemeanor in California.

Paid the fine and the judge said it would be purged in a year.

FBI found it in 2000.

I got a letter about it and explained the situation and got the license.

Got a letter from Fla this fall-same thing. They wanted some proof snd I spent the day on phone going in circles. California had totally changed their system and I never got anywhere and gave up.

I informed Florida of this and a few weeks ago my license showed up!

I am expecting the same from Illinois but we'll see.

In short, if you have any skeletons, expect them to arise pointing they bony fingers.

I have a C&R from 2001 and a new Fla permit. The C&R revealed a 1972 arrest for a misdemeanor in California.

Paid the fine and the judge said it would be purged in a year.

FBI found it in 2000.

I got a letter about it and explained the situation and got the license.

Got a letter from Fla this fall-same thing. They wanted some proof snd I spent the day on phone going in circles. California had totally changed their system and I never got anywhere and gave up.

I informed Florida of this and a few weeks ago my license showed up!

I am expecting the same from Illinois but we'll see.

In short, if you have any skeletons, expect them to arise pointing they bony fingers.

Would you mind sharing the date you applied? just curious how long it took for the denial. I wondered if they run your background during the 30 day objection or wait til the end of the objection period to proceed to vetting you.

Now I am concerned.. I lived in DuPage County, Elmhurst specifically, as a kid and about 27 years ago (when I was 18) I was in a park with a pellet gun shooting at empty cans, the local PD cited me with "Discharging a Firearm within city limits". I went to court and was told that once my probation period was completed the incident would get erased from my record (which I completed successfully). I have had a FOID card since I was 21 AND I was Private Detective with a TAN card for 10 plus years (My TAN card expired in 1999 and I never renewed it). About 5 years ago, my partner from the Detective Agency ran my name in the police computers (He is a Sheriff for Cook County) and the arrest was still there.. It has never caused me any problems so I did not bother to do anything about it, now I am wondering if it will now present an issue.. Before anyone asks, I have no idea if it was a Felony, Misdemeanor or Local Ordinance.

You will not receive a formal denial letter until your 90 days have passed even though they took far less time to deny you. Yeah I know makes sense why allow people to appeal now when you can serve up a huge mess of erroneous denials, objections filed based on info gained after polling LEADS and what have you, all in one neat pile for the review board next month. That's what I was told when I called the FSB after my denial and after almost three weeks of absolutely nothing, I believe that information to be true since I've received zero communication from the ISP. I applied on 1/3 and when I checked my app on 1/14 status had changed to "Denied" (although the change likely occurred the day before since...erm long story short, even though the circumstances of mine may be royally messed up, no reason to believe they would put automatic DQs up for LEO objections). I'm betting whatever info they got, if it's confusing they would just deny you and send you it up bureaucratic ladder for someone else to deal with.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

• 4 weeks later...

Now I am concerned.. I lived in DuPage County, Elmhurst specifically, as a kid and about 27 years ago (when I was 18) I was in a park with a pellet gun shooting at empty cans, the local PD cited me with "Discharging a Firearm within city limits". I went to court and was told that once my probation period was completed the incident would get erased from my record (which I completed successfully). I have had a FOID card since I was 21 AND I was Private Detective with a TAN card for 10 plus years (My TAN card expired in 1999 and I never renewed it). About 5 years ago, my partner from the Detective Agency ran my name in the police computers (He is a Sheriff for Cook County) and the arrest was still there.. It has never caused me any problems so I did not bother to do anything about it, now I am wondering if it will now present an issue.. Before anyone asks, I have no idea if it was a Felony, Misdemeanor or Local Ordinance.

Arrest never goes away, the trial results do.

I was denied, I have tried to contact isp through email and calling.

They have no answers when you call, and the main answer is basically " nothing is final until you get the denial letter "

I have my attorney on standby and I am ready to fight this. I live in cook county, and when I log into my app, it just says denied. No explanation of any sort. Just denied. Aggravating

My lawyer said the same thing

I agree with you timothy very aggravating and I too contacted an attorney but they said we cant do anything until this letter comes in

My lawyer said the same thing, when I asked the ever so helpful lady ( sarcastic of course ) on the phone at isp, if there will be an appeal number so my attorney can attach it to his appeal. She acted shocked I had already contacted an attorney

ok i live in humbouldt park area. not the best place in chicago i remember about 10 yrs ago or maybe less , chicago 14th district police department use to do sweeps i our area because of high gang activity, it didnt matter if you were in a gang or not ... if you were hanging out in the street and there was more than 3 ppl in the hangout spot guess what you were going to get locked up for disordely conduct and tagged as a gang member even if you werent about that life. Now i got taken a cpl times on these sweeps and im thinking they use that to red flag me and its bs if thats why they denied me. im not a gang memeber and never been convicted of any crime.Now would they use that against me and put me down as gang ties? Now i work to hard for my money and it feels like crook county if screwing everybody that live in the hoods of chicago. its a waist of money for this permit if dart is gonna object for bs like that. I conctacted lawyer and hes also waiting for letter of denial.

ok i live in humbouldt park area. not the best place in chicago i remember about 10 yrs ago or maybe less , chicago 14th district police department use to do sweeps i our area because of high gang activity, it didnt matter if you were in a gang or not ... if you were hanging out in the street and there was more than 3 ppl in the hangout spot guess what you were going to get locked up for disordely conduct and tagged as a gang member even if you werent about that life. Now i got taken a cpl times on these sweeps and im thinking they use that to red flag me and its bs if thats why they denied me. im not a gang memeber and never been convicted of any crime.Now would they use that against me and put me down as gang ties? Now i work to hard for my money and it feels like crook county if screwing everybody that live in the hoods of chicago. its a waist of money for this permit if dart is gonna object for bs like that. I conctacted lawyer and hes also waiting for letter of denial.

Wow, we all thought that it was gonna be instructors that were gonna make a lot off of the carry law. Looks like it's the appeals attorneys that are gonna make a killing :drool:

Posted · Hidden by GlockShooter, March 1, 2014 at 04:21 AM - No reason given
Hidden by GlockShooter, March 1, 2014 at 04:21 AM - No reason given
well a lil heads up for dart. I leave to work at 2 am and i dont leave my house naked if yall kno what i mean. alot of innocent people been getting shot over here and il be damn if a punk is gonna try that bs with me if you wanna keep the permit go ahead il carry any ways and il catch a felony because my life is worth more than your permit so ima carry everyday till i get caught. so guys il let you know what happends with the appeal if i dont get caught first;)
Posted · Hidden by GlockShooter, March 1, 2014 at 04:19 AM - No reason given
Hidden by GlockShooter, March 1, 2014 at 04:19 AM - No reason given

well a lil heads up for dart. I leave to work at 2 am and i dont leave my house naked if yall kno what i mean. alot of innocent people been getting shot over here and il be damn if a punk is gonna try that bs with me if you wanna keep the permit go ahead il carry any ways and il catch a felony because my life is worth more than your permit so ima carry everyday till i get caught. so guys il let you know what happends with the appeal if i dont get caught first;)

it's not very smart to openly admit your committing a crime on this forum fyi.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Hmmm last time i checked the only people committing a crime was the us goverment and their peace officers that swear to protect our constitution and every chance they get to screw it they do... il rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Archived