Foid Renewal Wait Time

New ISP website design? Looks a little better. I didnt have any issues with the phone text # verification.

looked under elements tonight, Im APPROVED. Business day 142. Hopefully not too much longer to get it in hand.

I've been sitting on APPROVED for at least two or three months on my renewal.

Sounds like something got messed up if sitting at APPROVED that long. The next step is printing card moving to Active. Even if it took them a couple of weeks before next printing cycle and a couple of weeks to get mailed out.

The status is still "Under Review" but if I do the inspect element trick, it shows QC_Verified, Submitted, and Approved.

Those are the 3 status...stati?...they can be in, but you will only be in one of those at a time. Under Review stays until Active, Denied or you go under board review.

Here's my experience so far:

New FOID application

Applied 4/4/2020

QC verified some time around 6/30/2020

I called ISP once in late September and was told it would be 6.5 months and that I should have my card in hand by mid-October. I'm still QC verified, though.

Update:

I'm now showing as active! Just have to wait the post office...

Applied 5/25/2020

QC verified 8/2/2020

It's been over 4 months.

I called ISP this morning and their system is fully automated. I am not sure if something has changed since other folks have reached them by phone, but there is no option to speak with a human being. I tried 4 different times.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Update: FOID arrived 10/29/2020. ETA on my first firearm purchase in 30 years is... November 3rd. Election day. You can't make this stuff up.

Thanks again to everyone who offered advice! My CCL is due next week.

FINALLY! My wife applied for a FOID card in April and finally got it yesterday! Never thought she'd ever get it! Thanks for all your help!

(217) 782-7980.

Pretty sure that was the number I had to call. Directly off their site. I figured out after calling in a time or two and not being able to talk to anyone that they open at 8:30 am. So call about 3 minutes before that.

Tell the system you are calling about a foid, that you don't know the application number, and that you need to talk to a person. By the time you wait through all the menus, it should have taken you 2 or 3 minutes and you should be getting to talk to someone as they open.

On the subject of not having a gun, I was raised around them, and had a shotgun when I was 7 or 8. I'm no expert but I'm not a stranger to them. My wife and I were married almost 14 years before making the decision to get one, mainly due to unrest etc. I wish I hadn't waited that long.

A tip that was explained to me by a former gun dealer that is no longer in business in Illinois. Get your foid also if you don't have it so you don't run afoul of the state police in any way. Also, it's probably a good idea after that for you to go to a range with her at least a few times so you can learn about whatever weapon will be in your home, that you know how to use it in case you ever need to etc.

Personally I hope I never need to use a gun in self defense. I don't want to hurt or especially not kill people ever. That being said, if people are going to try to hurt my wife or myself, I will do what I have to. But I hope that I'm never put into that position.

In your case though, even though you should learn at least a little about it, if you've not been around guns, it's good to have a healthy respect for them.

• 2 weeks later...

In other news, my 18 year old nephew in Indiana, who lives about an hour away from me, just bought an AR 15 like it was nothing. Legally! Still waiting myself, nearly at 6 months for FOID.

It’s so mean to compare the freedoms openly here in the Commie State Republic of Illinois!

This Forums is rife with the constraints and atrocities place upon the common man in Illinois.

Those is other far of lands can dance off like little fairies in a flower field all day.

But there will be none of that here. Happiness and flower dancing are for the privileged classes.

In other news, my 18 year old nephew in Indiana, who lives about an hour away from me, just bought an AR 15 like it was nothing. Legally! Still waiting myself, nearly at 6 months for FOID.

It’s so mean to compare the freedoms openly here in the Commie State Republic of Illinois!

This Forums is rife with the constraints and atrocities place upon the common man in Illinois.

Those is other far of lands can dance off like little fairies in a flower field all day.

But there will be none of that here. Happiness and flower dancing are for the privileged classes.

Haha, I laughed anyway. What else can you do? :frantics:

Haha, I laughed anyway. What else can you do? :frantics:

What? You see my avatar yes? I do kids parties and bachelorette gatherings.

Most are looking at 6 months

Hang in there

There is no way to know when or if they answer their phones

Welcome to the Forums and enjoy the reading

I have a friend who is at 7 months as of November 16

He has Made calls, sent emails, nothing.

Model person.

As of today - under review

Other friends of ours have applied in July and August and received their FOID

He’s like a kid who wasn’t ask to be on any team. Sad, but funny too.

We all feel for him.

I had something similar happen. My FOID renewal finally went active this week after 50 weeks showing Under Review. It took several phone calls from my Rep and Senators offices during this past year before anything finally happened. Strange thing though, my FOID response through a law enforcement inquiry showed valid Covid-19 while it still said Under Review in my ISP account. I think the system is losing applications/renewals somewhere.

Here's my experience. Still waiting.

New FOID application - April 2020

Sat in "Under Review" status for months, so on the advice of a friend I called my State Representative's office in late September 2020.

Rep's office called ISP, and reported back to me that they are delayed due to COVID, etc.

I just learned about the Inspect Element trick about a week ago (mid-October 2020). I then checked my status online and it said QC_VERIFIED, but I don't know whether it had just moved to that status after the Rep's office called ISP, or was in that status prior to the call.

It's still in QC_VERIFIED.

I will try the phone number and the 1-1-3 combination this week, to see if it helps any.

STILL stuck in Under Review. Now that the inspect element trick is no longer working, all I know is that the displayed status is Under Review. In late October I called the phone number and entered the 1-1-3 combination. After 40 minutes on hold I talked to a person. She looked up my account and said I should hear something in mid-November.

Today is November 20. Still Under Review.

Nearly 7 months of waiting at this point. This is ridiculous.

Today marks 1 year since my wife applied to renew her FOID. The application is still under review.

What

For Real

Have you asked MollyB for help?

How can a normal under review take that long? It’s not board review right?

I’d PM MollyB

She and I have already talked via PM. I just need to get my wife interested in following through with the info. :rolleyes:

Might as well add me to the list. My wife, daughter and I filled out our FOID applications on June 3rd at the same time. My wife and daughter both received their FOID cards on September 1st and September 3rd. My status still shows under review. As of today is has been 175 days. I have tried calling the number to FOID card information and just get in a loop of messages. I have called the local state police district only to be referred back to the web site or phone system. I tried contacting the Brandon Kelly (director of Illinois state police) and Jessica Trame through the isp.state.il.us email but it wont let email go through. Last night I tried going to the Illinois State Rifle association web site but the web site was down so I contacted them through messenger on Facebook. The Illinois rifle association did contact me back this morning. Next step I believe is to contact my local representative and see if that will help at all but I hear that is more of the same. For the time being at least my wife has hers and she has already gone out and purchased a coupled fire arms.

Archived