Foid revoked

saleski

Yes I do agree with most of yous...."imo a repeat offender shouldn't meet qualifications. But a person that made 1 mistake and shows no other signs of being a criminal. Prison is a revolving door everyone gets a taste of it one way or another I learned my lesson the hard way and It was 22 years ago it was not an act of violence or with a deadly weapon....I am a normal American that owes money. But other then that the hardest thing is having my freedom but yet still treated like a criminal. I have been treated as a convicted for the past 22 years but yet I still haven't committed a single crime since I had my so called freedom back....

Thank you everyone that has posted a positive feed back.....

Start here:

Molly is says isp

This should be pretty straightforward and not too difficult but could be a bit of a wait since they have a backlog of appeals. You do not need an attorney to appeal to the ISP, but that's up to you. It sounds like a non-violent felony which requires 10 years clean record (20 years for violent felony). So you're good there. Getting your records all together is a good thing. You may not need all of them but if ISP denies your appeal, the next step is circuit court and you'll need them there.

You will need to fill out this form: https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/Firearms/FOID/RevocationInstructions.pdf

You will need to submit a Request for Investigation and Waiver of Liability form

Archived