State Digital ID

lockman

I can't even use the site because I do not use Windoze! This got me calling every member of the JCAR (or whatever it is) and left them each a message asking they call me to discuss. I don't understand how they can say they will do everything electronic THEN not use standard internet protocols INSTEAD it is totally dependent upon having Internet Explorer??? What a friggin joke and bunch of clowns we have running the states I.T.

I'm 50% positive that the ISP website for applying won't have the same limitation as the PKI site. Cnce you create the digital key using the required browser and export it to a .p12 file, you can then import it into any browser and hopefully when applications are available you can use a wider browser selection.

The limitations of the PKI site are based upon the limitations of the Entrust plugin that the State is using to create the digital keys.

I'm 50% positive that the ISP website for applying won't have the same limitation as the PKI site. Cnce you create the digital key using the required browser and export it to a .p12 file, you can then import it into any browser and hopefully when applications are available you can use a wider browser selection.

The limitations of the PKI site are based upon the limitations of the Entrust plugin that the State is using to create the digital keys.

Eh? There does not seem to be agreement whether the digital signature is actually storing something on the machine or if it's just a userid/password combination.

I can't even use the site because I do not use Windoze! This got me calling every member of the JCAR (or whatever it is) and left them each a message asking they call me to discuss. I don't understand how they can say they will do everything electronic THEN not use standard internet protocols INSTEAD it is totally dependent upon having Internet Explorer??? What a friggin joke and bunch of clowns we have running the states I.T.

It is Quite simple, They are doing it because they can , They are accountable to no one Period and could care less

Created the ID and stored it on a network drive without issue. Like Fed Farmer, I believe it will need to be installed onto the browser used for the application process. I hope we're wrong, but would rather err on the side of caution. What an incredible inconvenience...not just the IDID (Illinois Digital ID) but the entire process to date.

I just followed the ISP link to get a digital ID for the FCCL application and upon filling in all the information I got this error: "This drivers license number is already in use"

I don't recall ever signing up with this service before.

I walked through the whole process this evening.

Oh, boy, where to begin.

IE only. Which means Mac, Linux, ipad and Android users are SOL.

Requires Java. Which by itself is no big deal. But that when I got past the browser and java check up pops a big java warning about running an unsigned app. "Doest thou really wanteth to do that?". And a big warning in the java dialog about how future versions of java will block this.

Click OK, because the only other choice is not getting your electronic ID and not getting your ccw. You come through to a page with some verbiage and a set of "accept" and "decline" buttons for IL citizens and non-residents (4 buttons total). Except the buttons obscure some of the text you're supposedly reading.

You come through to a page where you enter in all the appropriate information. It seemed to be pickier than it ought to be with regard to the information. I ended up successfully getting past this page when I used the information exactly as it is on my driver's license.

Click through to a page to set password. SEt it, click OK, and get rewarded with another unsigned java app warning.

This sort of picky, messy, sort-of working client side is typical what I have seen of state of ill websites I've worked on for various customers (ISP LEADS, Sec of State page for a car dealership, a reporting page for an ambulance company).

I signed up as well I'd be a lot happier if I received a conformation email, or something other than just he site saying its done i.e. o blah blah care.

You can use the username and password to log on using the "user maintenance" link from the digital ID page.

Or do it here:

https://truepass01.illinois.gov/TruePassSample/AuthenticateUserRoamingEPF.html

You can logon, verify your information is correct, that it works, and change it if necessary.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

I signed up as well I'd be a lot happier if I received a conformation email, or something other than just he site saying its done i.e. o blah blah care.

You can use the username and password to log on using the "user maintenance" link from the digital ID page.

Or do it here:

https://truepass01.i...RoamingEPF.html

You can logon, verify your information is correct, that it works, and change it if necessary.

Has anyone tried logging in to this site from a different computer than the one they used to create the ID?

It's titled an Illinois Digital Certificate Login and to me digital "certificates" are more than a userid/password combo.

Or do it here:

https://truepass01.i...RoamingEPF.html

Has anyone tried logging in to this site from a different computer than the one they used to create the ID?

It's titled an Illinois Digital Certificate Login and to me digital "certificates" are more than a userid/password combo.

Yes, works.

Has anyone tried to update their information after creating an ID? I keep getting a "down for maintenance" error message.

Yep. Been like that for over a year... I know, I created my ID about 4 years ago for another reason. Need to update my email...

Wow. I called the Help Desk number over the weekend. Explained that I needed to change some info on my ID and they had no clue how to do it. They opened a ticket and said someone would call me back this week. Since you've been having the same problem for over a year now, I guess I shouldn't hold my breath waiting for their call this week?

What error do you get if you try to do this without Internet Explorer?

I am trying firefox just giggles, passed the java check and keep getting-

Drivers license info not valid

tried it with dashes and without.

Actually I have Windows 8 so I have IE 11 anyway, which I have read will not work.

Is it documented somewhere that the system won't work with anything other than Older IE explorer?

I can manage a work around I'm sure, but what about my students?

Also it is great that it blows all your info away and you have to start over.

Matt

Tried to log in this morning. First couldn't do it on a mac. Opened up Parallels and tried internet explorer. Had to update Java and then got all the scary security warnings. Tried to set up account and was told that account was already set up on my number. Don't remember doing that, but its possible. Tried to reset drivers password but got a message that "Your account is not in the correct state to be reset. Please contact your administrator." Called their IT help line, got a message that they were too busy to answer the phone and to call back later. Called back and choose the option for the CCW help and got a person after waiting on hold for about 30 minutes. Was given a ticket number and told that they would call me back… sometime.

Archived