Heads up Rockford area! 10/22

steveTA84

https://www.rrstar.com/news/20191018/league-of-women-voters-of-freeport-to-host-program

FREEPORT The League of Women Voters of Freeport will host a program on the Firearms Restraining Order, or the Red Flag Order, at 6:30 p.m. Oct. 22 at the Freeport Public Library, 100 E. Douglas St.

The presenters for the evening are Peter Cantos of Illinois Coalition Against Handgun Violence and Sara Knizhnik of the Illinois Gun Violence Prevention Coalition.

A Q&A time will take place after the presentation with additional participants including Freeport Police Lt. Andrew Schroeder, Stephenson County Sheriffs Department investigator Alegra Koser, Stephenson County states attorney Carl Larson and a representative from the Voices of Stephenson County domestic violence program.

I suppose the targets could be falsely accused of possessing firearms when they don't, but the Illinois "red flag" law's proper name is "Firearms Restraining Order Act" (430 ILCS 67).

For the sake of discussion - just saying - there have been a few instances recently of people using vehicles to plow into / through crowds. Their goal simply to kill or injure as many as possible. Also a couple of recent instances of people using knives to attack / kill / injure groups of children.

WHY is there not a Vehicle Restraining Order Act, and a Knives Restraining Order Act, etc. etc ??

Take away someones Vehicle and driving privileges (etc.) without Due Process and make them go through the same hoops that firearm owners must ?? Common sense vehicle laws !!!

NO, I am NOT for Any of these red flag types of laws !

I just think it would be poetic justice if Firearms Restraining Order Act type laws could be used against the Antis. Equal Protection Under the Law and all that !!!

Strictly as an example - not advocating false reports - but IF someone were to call law enforcement and say Im afraid and have suspicions that such and such (an Anti) is going to use her car to plow through a crowd of school children !!!!

Said Anti would then have her car and drivers license taken away until such time she could prove she wasnt a threat.

Its for the children !!!!

I suppose the targets could be falsely accused of possessing firearms when they don't, but the Illinois "red flag" law's proper name is "Firearms Restraining Order Act" (430 ILCS 67).

For the sake of discussion - just saying - there have been a few instances recently of people using vehicles to plow into / through crowds. Their goal simply to kill or injure as many as possible. Also a couple of recent instances of people using knives to attack / kill / injure groups of children.

WHY is there not a Vehicle Restraining Order Act, and a Knives Restraining Order Act, etc. etc ??

Take away someones Vehicle and driving privileges (etc.) without Due Process and make them go through the same hoops that firearm owners must ?? Common sense vehicle laws !!!

NO, I am NOT for Any of these red flag types of laws !

I just think it would be poetic justice if Firearms Restraining Order Act type laws could be used against the Antis. Equal Protection Under the Law and all that !!!

Strictly as an example - not advocating false reports - but IF someone were to call law enforcement and say Im afraid and have suspicions that such and such (an Anti) is going to use her car to plow through a crowd of school children !!!!

Said Anti would then have her car and drivers license taken away until such time she could prove she wasnt a threat.

Its for the children !!!!

That's a good counter argument.

Archived