How to Drop a Reg Flag

mikew

https://speakforsafetyil.org/

How to Obtain a FRO

To obtain a FRO, you need to file a petition with a court Here are the steps:

step-1.png
Step 1

Request a petition from your local circuit court, or download one here.

step-2.png
Step 2

Complete and submit the petition to the Circuit Court where the respondent lives. Circuit court clerks are required to assist you through this process.

step-3.png
Step 3

If the judge issues a FRO, the court will send the FRO to local law enforcement to serve the summons/warrant.

step-4.png
Step 4

Attend the hearing scheduled by the court. A hearing will be scheduled within 14 days of the summons being served.

This campaign (nationwide) was started by Educational Fund to Stop Gun Violence in 2016

https://efsgv.org/press-archive/2016/speak-for-safety-campaign-launches-in-california-gvro/

Most recent tax forms with all of their directors

https://pdf.guidestar.org/PDF_Images/2017/521/114/2017-521114375-0fe89687-9.pdf

Their main guy is the director of Coalition to Stop Gun Violence

https://www.csgv.org/about-us/staff/about-josh-horwitz-executive-director/

And these are their partner orgs

http://i.imgur.com/TKW7ekP.jpg

So, what we have here is an attempt to educate/encourage everyone to start red flagging people who are armed. Simple as that.

No doubt that something like this could have a positive effect at some point. The problem is that percentage is going to be so low that you couldn't record it. They will claim it saves thousands of lives. I see this equivalent to an OOP, a GFZ sign, another law making murder more illegaler. Waiting 14 days for the hearing, what could go wrong in two weeks time? Ultimately just another attempt to take away our rights.

This has nationwide implications. They may be trying to utilize VAWA here. VAWA is up for renewal, and this time they're attaching gun control to it.
This may not be a popular viewpoint but VAWA (Violence Against Women Act, for those unfamiliar) is unconstitutional. It creates a protected class comprised of an entire sex. Half of the population. And then gives them an incredible amount of rights that men do not have.Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

This has nationwide implications. They may be trying to utilize VAWA here. VAWA is up for renewal, and this time they're attaching gun control to it.

This may not be a popular viewpoint but VAWA (Violence Against Women Act, for those unfamiliar) is unconstitutional. It creates a protected class comprised of an entire sex. Half of the population. And then gives them an incredible amount of rights that men do not have.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Furthermore, due to VAWA, protection orders issued in one state are required to be enforced in all states and on Native American land. It doesn't matter how unconstitutional thrle granting of the protection order is. According to the article I posted above, VAWA is being pushed into the 2nd Amendment arena, which is why the NRA is now opposed to it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Just a random thought about VAWA....

This is evidence that Democrats believe there's only 2 genders. They're the ones pushing VAWA. That means 40-something+ other genders are being disenfranchised.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Wonder what'd happen if I decide I'm a woman for the next 24 hours. Will I be treated as a woman under VAWA? Probably not heh. Will the VAWA apply to someone who is "gender fluid" or whatever nonsense that is where people go from male to female back to make depending on their mood. I love it when someone looks at me and tells me that isn't a mental illness. It's like saying dissociative identity disorder is "normal."

I believe that anyone who has an irrational prejudice against law-abiding citizens owning a firearm poses an urgent and significant risk to others and I believe that a FRO should be filed against them due to what I fear is a dangerously paranoid mental state. I don't want people who are guided by angry delusion to have easy access to weapons that could cause serious injury or death.

Can a red flag report on Julie Morrison be submitted for her threatening to violently take away guns through confiscation?

Asking for a friend (of the constitution).

Tell your friend she did not mention how she would confiscate them.

Didn't Morrison say "we" would confiscate them, with a dash of smugness for good measure? That implies a disparate force of armed enforcers (or some other type of harassment) at her disposal.

Fear and speculation without adjudication is the playbook from the left, and unconstitutional. We need to be better than that, and, imo, avoid making posts like that. Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Who is this directed at?

Because I really do have a legitimate fear of paranoid, irrational individuals who are guided by rage and prejudice against innocent members of society who are exercising their Constitutionally protected civil rights.

It is an unmistakable sign of mental instability and the projection of their deep-seated internal tendencies towards violence onto others around them, because they fear that if they had access to weapons, they would not be able to restrain themselves from acting murderously towards anyone who upsets them, and they cannot imagine that other people would be different, which bespeaks of pathological narcissism.

Incidentally, it's been shown in a number of studies on domestic violence that individuals who suffer from paranoid projection and narcissism are the most likely to commit murder-suicides.

So, I think it's only prudent that those of us who have taken the efforts to get daily background checks assuring the government and society of our law-abidingness and mental stability to use the legislative tools provided to prevent those individuals who display the above-described mental instability and potential danger to themselves and others from possessing firearms with which they would act on their impulse-control-deficient delusions.

There is no rational reason to be terrified of the most frequently "background checked" people in the entire state. So, well, let's look to the irrational and you've hit it on the head. Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Thus, it is objectively justified to file a FRO against anyone who expresses a paranoia-based prejudice against a lawful firearm owner who has not committed any crime.

Therefore, from this point forward, if any FOID/CCL holder hears any individual expressing fearful distrust of any firearm owners or regarding the ownership of firearms in general, they have an obligation to the public safety to file an FRO against the individual doing so, because of the likelihood that those individuals expressing such sentiments possess the violent tendencies that they projecting on law-abiding firearm owners, and that if they had access to a firearm, they pose a significant and imminent threat to act in a dangerous manner towards themselves or others.

I really can't see any other way to approach this, because if it saves just one life, it must be worth it.

It feels a lot like "Swatting." Not a real big fan of that for obvious reasons if I don't actually feel threatened. If they own guns and they're doing this crap and believe me, I've seen it, then I will consider it.

The other issue is that there's total disconnect between a bunch of letters before or after your name (academic qualification and certs) and "smarts." And they all have a bunch of damn letters before or after their names. We equate education with intelligence when, in fact, some of the biggest idiots I've ever met have earned masters, doctorates in stuff like mech engineering, finance, accounting, medicine (that one makes me nervous). "Prestigious" certificates as well. Have job titles such as vice president, president, Dean, "general practitioner," etc. Dunning-Kruger Effect at work. Combine that and the aforementioned pathological (arguably malignant) narcissism and you get that "I know what's best for you" attitude. It's downright dangerous but I think a lot of people are waking up to all of this bullying.

They're not just going after the 2A. They're trying to censor too and there's a lot of 1A advocates who are getting fed up with that and seeing how crazy this has become. It's making people research for themselves and finding "truth." About whatever because we've been lied to a lot and it's time to set the record straight. We're truly at a very interesting and defining point in our history. Deep down Americans love their independence and hate being lied to. If Trump's done one thing, it's been bringing attention to the insanity of the far left. Now that's just sorta "the left." Dem Party will no longer exist after Trump is done with them. Call me crazy but I have faith. Maybe it's because the alternative is a future where America no longer exists.

It feels a lot like "Swatting." Not a real big fan of that for obvious reasons if I don't actually feel threatened. If they own guns and they're doing this crap and believe me, I've seen it, then I will consider it. The other issue is that there's total disconnect between a bunch of letters before or after your name (academic qualification and certs) and "smarts." And they all have a bunch of damn letters before or after their names. We equate education with intelligence when, in fact, some of the biggest idiots I've ever met have earned masters, doctorates in stuff like mech engineering, finance, accounting, medicine (that one makes me nervous). "Prestigious" certificates as well. Have job titles such as vice president, president, Dean, "general practitioner," etc. Dunning-Kruger Effect at work. Combine that and the aforementioned pathological (arguably malignant) narcissism and you get that "I know what's best for you" attitude. It's downright dangerous but I think a lot of people are waking up to all of this bullying. They're not just going after the 2A. They're trying to censor too and there's a lot of 1A advocates who are getting fed up with that and seeing how crazy this has become. It's making people research for themselves and finding "truth." About whatever because we've been lied to a lot and it's time to set the record straight. We're truly at a very interesting and defining point in our history. Deep down Americans love their independence and hate being lied to. If Trump's done one thing, it's been bringing attention to the insanity of the far left. Now that's just sorta "the left." Dem Party will no longer exist after Trump is done with them. Call me crazy but I have faith. Maybe it's because the alternative is a future where America no longer exists. Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

There are a lot of nuggets of truth in what you stated.

The wisest man I've ever known was my grandfather - who didn't even finish grade school as he had to work on the family tobacco farm.

The one thing he said I remember vividly was this: "A wise man will speak softly and seek out the council of experience; a fool portrays himself as if he knows everything".

It feels a lot like "Swatting." Not a real big fan of that for obvious reasons if I don't actually feel threatened. If they own guns and they're doing this crap and believe me, I've seen it, then I will consider it.

The other issue is that there's total disconnect between a bunch of letters before or after your name (academic qualification and certs) and "smarts." And they all have a bunch of damn letters before or after their names. We equate education with intelligence when, in fact, some of the biggest idiots I've ever met have earned masters, doctorates in stuff like mech engineering, finance, accounting, medicine (that one makes me nervous). "Prestigious" certificates as well. Have job titles such as vice president, president, Dean, "general practitioner," etc. Dunning-Kruger Effect at work. Combine that and the aforementioned pathological (arguably malignant) narcissism and you get that "I know what's best for you" attitude. It's downright dangerous but I think a lot of people are waking up to all of this bullying.

They're not just going after the 2A. They're trying to censor too and there's a lot of 1A advocates who are getting fed up with that and seeing how crazy this has become. It's making people research for themselves and finding "truth." About whatever because we've been lied to a lot and it's time to set the record straight. We're truly at a very interesting and defining point in our history. Deep down Americans love their independence and hate being lied to. If Trump's done one thing, it's been bringing attention to the insanity of the far left. Now that's just sorta "the left." Dem Party will no longer exist after Trump is done with them. Call me crazy but I have faith. Maybe it's because the alternative is a future where America no longer exists.

Happened to me pretty much. It’s not fun

But that's the stuff thre left feeds on Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

...and attempts to pretend that they're "doing something" about any event that has happened.

The problem lies in their doing something. It always calls for the rights of some people to be null and void, while they "care" more than anyone else.

Archived