Photo

Does Ives have a chance against Rauner, or against the Dems?

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#211 Twostarrz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 12:26 PM

Ives ran a pretty dirty campaign.  I was just reading about how most of her social media followers are bots she paid for: https://www.chicagor...nor-study-finds

Bots didn't give her 48% of the vote.
Correct.  Union members pulling R ballots, under the direction of Madigan and the machine did.
Why is it constantly being brought up about unions. I come from a blue collar family. All union. All conservative. It is not “union” people doing it. Don’t demonize us. I would say that in the 25 years I’ve been I the evil union I’ve seen a 50/50 split. Union employees work for and earn the benefits we get. They are not entitlements, they are negotiated.

#212 capotwosix

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 12:31 PM

[quote name="Twostarrz" post="1140525" timestamp="1521656763"][quote name="cybermgk" post="1140521" timestamp="1521655473"][quote name="tkroenlein" post="1140519" timestamp="1521654589"]
[quote name="brobits" post="1140508" timestamp="1521653642"]
Ives ran a pretty dirty campaign.  I was just reading about how most of her social media followers are bots she paid for: https://www.chicagor...nor-study-finds[/quote]

Bots didn't give her 48% of the vote.[/quote]
Correct.  Union members pulling R ballots, under the direction of Madigan and the machine did.[/quote]
Why is it constantly being brought up about unions. I come from a blue collar family. All union. All conservative. It is not “union” people doing it. Don’t demonize us. I would say that in the 25 years I’ve been I the evil union I’ve seen a 50/50 split. Union employees work for and earn the benefits we get. They are not entitlements, they are negotiated.[/quote]

I’m a Union worker. Despise their politics, and refuse to vote for the anti-American politicians they’re constantly pushing. I agree though, most fellow Union guys I talk to are conservative.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. - Thomas Jefferson

#213 cybermgk

• 1,095 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 12:42 PM

Why is it constantly being brought up about unions. I come from a blue collar family. All union. All conservative. It is not “union” people doing it. Don’t demonize us. I would say that in the 25 years I’ve been I the evil union I’ve seen a 50/50 split. Union employees work for and earn the benefits we get. They are not entitlements, they are negotiated.

Because you well know there are Unions that WILL vote whom they are told to, are filled via cronyism and are totally parts of the Chicago political machine.  That is why.

Edited by cybermgk, 21 March 2018 - 12:43 PM.

ISRA Member

NRA Member

U.S.A.F Veteran

Single Father of 2

#214 tkroenlein

OFFICIAL MEMBER

• Members
  • 8,520 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 12:54 PM

Ives ran a pretty dirty campaign.  I was just reading about how most of her social media followers are bots she paid for: https://www.chicagor...nor-study-finds

Correct.  Union members pulling R ballots, under the direction of Madigan and the machine did.

Show me where the numbers, in this exceptionally low turn out election, that suggest that there was any significant impact on this election due to that.

#215 Twostarrz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 01:24 PM

[quote name="cybermgk" post="1140528" timestamp="1521657767"][quote name="Twostarrz" post="1140525" timestamp="1521656763"]
[quote name="cybermgk" post="1140521" timestamp="1521655473"]
[quote name="tkroenlein" post="1140519" timestamp="1521654589"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Because you well know there are Unions that WILL vote whom they are told to, are filled via cronyism and are totally parts of the Chicago political machine.  That is why.[/quote]

You are making a HUGE generalization and IMO are incorrect. Union PEOPLE are not sheep. Just middle class Americans trying to keep their heads above water and hoping to afford to retire before they are dead. Unions are not the demons they once were.

#216 cybermgk

• 1,095 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 01:45 PM

Because you well know there are Unions that WILL vote whom they are told to, are filled via cronyism and are totally parts of the Chicago political machine.  That is why.

You are making a HUGE generalization and IMO are incorrect. Union PEOPLE are not sheep. Just middle class Americans trying to keep their heads above water and hoping to afford to retire before they are dead. Unions are not the demons they once were.

First, PLEASE learn how to properly quote posts.

{sigh]  Please show me where I said ALL unions, or all union members.

I didn't.

And, it is people like you, sorry to say, that allows the Madigan/Chicago Political machine to continue to exist, by using blinders.  If you don't realize that they have union chapters filled via political cronyism, that will do their bidding at the ballot box, then you simply don't want to see it, i.e. self-imposed ignorance.

Does the fact that they exist mean there aren't a whole bunch of honest, decent union chapters and members.  Of course not.  Frankly, it is a little sad, as you're acting JUST like the Anti-gunners, i.e. their tactic "If you don't abide by everything we believe in, you want to see children die".  One can condemn gun deaths and violence AND still believe 2a rights shall not be infringed.  Just like one can also know there are some union chapters under political control, while there are others that are not. 

ISRA Member

NRA Member

U.S.A.F Veteran

Single Father of 2

#217 Twostarrz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 01:54 PM

The quote is not working properly. Thanks for your opinion.

#218 chicagoresident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:47 PM

I just don't think most people are smart enough and too blind in their party following to exercise any voter strategy. My guess is margin of error probably override strategic balloters.

I explain it to people all the time and they're all like "no way I would vote for so and so" despite the fact that nobody knows who you voted for.

I live in a pretty red community and everybody was grabbing democrat tickets. The old election judge reminded me to makes sure I come back in November (didn't say it to anyone else).

I was actually deciding if I wanted to vote against Pritzker with a Democrat ticket, but all the stay at home housewives going D I couldn't take it.

What did we have to be energized about, both our candidates were flawed and most people don't know how important the AG is. It's a primary in a non presidential election year with a bunch of unopposed candidates. The D's get a big showing because their unemployed base gets either bused to the polling place or a polling place is in their projects. All the R's are working.

Edited by chicagoresident, 21 March 2018 - 03:49 PM.

#219 2A4Cook

Old and Cranky

• Members
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:58 PM

[quote name="chicagoresident" post="1140595" timestamp="1521668863"][quote name="cybermgk" post="1140521" timestamp="1521655473"][quote name="tkroenlein" post="1140519" timestamp="1521654589"][quote name="brobits" post="1140508" timestamp="1521653642"]
Ives ran a pretty dirty campaign.  I was just reading about how most of her social media followers are bots she paid for: https://www.chicagor...nor-study-finds[/quote]
Bots didn't give her 48% of the vote.[/quote]Correct.  Union members pulling R ballots, under the direction of Madigan and the machine did.[/quote]I just don't think most people are smart enough and too blind in their party following to exercise any voter strategy. My guess is margin of error probably override strategic balloters.
I explain it to people all the time and they're all like "no way I would vote for so and so" despite the fact that nobody knows who you voted for.
I live in a pretty red community and everybody was grabbing democrat tickets. The old election judge reminded me to makes sure I come back in November (didn't say it to anyone else).
I was actually deciding if I wanted to vote against Pritzker with a Democrat ticket, but all the stay at home housewives going D I couldn't take it.
What did we have to be energized about, both our candidates were flawed and most people don't know how important the AG is. It's a primary in a non presidential election year with a bunch of unopposed candidates. The D's get a big showing because their unemployed base gets either bused to the polling place or a polling place is in their projects. All the R's are working.[/quote]

We have a CommieFornia-type joke candidate for AG ... the way this thing is going, it's probably fitting. I'm going to start looking at options to get the heck out of Dodge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users