No gun sign

kurt555gs

So let's come up with a sign that says Concealed or Open carry firearms welcome..

I need one now. I intend to welcome those who want to carry at my office...

Regards, Drd

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj40/UncleHarleysAntlerArt/support2adoorsticker.jpg

I have a couple of stickers left I can send you one, I have one on my business, I can give you the contact of the guy that makes them for me and he can do you up as many as you wish to hand out. I suppose if every business in town posted these, a particular town would be pretty much allowed to carry anywhere.

I like it. That is much closer.... Regards, Drd

So let's come up with a sign that says Concealed or Open carry firearms welcome..

Regards, Drd

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj40/UncleHarleysAntlerArt/support2adoorsticker.jpg

I have a couple of stickers left I can send you one, I have one on my business, I can give you the contact of the guy that makes them for me and he can do you up as many as you wish to hand out. I suppose if every business in town posted these, a particular town would be pretty much allowed to carry anywhere.

I like it. That is much closer.... Regards, Drd

The legally permitted to do so means anyone with a foid I have an extra if you want it

Regards, Drd

There is a firearms instructor Mark Bilicki that WSPA TV has a story about on their website www2.wspa.com/news He has a neat sign he developed for business owners to welcome right to carry folks. They have a video clip of the story "Greenville Sign Gives Gun Owners a Friendly Welcome" Maybe this is something we could look for on businesses if we stop in Greenville, North Carolina. This sign has the roman numeral II with we the people in background. It gets the message across.

Someone want to make a direct link to the video?

Regards, Drd

There is a firearms instructor Mark Bilicki that WSPA TV has a story about on their website www2.wspa.com/news He has a neat sign he developed for business owners to welcome right to carry folks. They have a video clip of the story "Greenville Sign Gives Gun Owners a Friendly Welcome" Maybe this is something we could look for on businesses if we stop in Greenville, North Carolina. This sign has the roman numeral II with we the people in background. It gets the message across.

Someone want to make a direct link to the video?

couldnt find it, if you can find it again , copy the URL at the top of the window and paste it here. That should provide a direct link.

Trying to reply to Uncle Harleys post about the website. Get message opening quote number isnt equal to closing quote. HuhD! Oh well I'm computer challenged. I couldn't find any glue to paste that URL. You can get to the website article by entering www.wspa.com and seach "gun friendly sign". The article says 200 businesses in Greenville had a interest in the sign.

Here it is I couldn't find it earlier either.

http://www2.wspa.com...ome-ar-1884693/

Here is the site where you might be able to buy the stickers.I'm not sure though because they don't show pictures and there are a couple possibilities.

http://www.ourgunrights.com/index.html

Eugene

edited to add second link and commentary

I've only ever seen signs like that on corporate establishments. I suspect we will begin to see ALOT more of them when CC passes.

I guess those stores don't want OUR business. I can spend my money elsewhere, with an owner who supports the 2nd ammendment.

• 3 months later...
The solution is for the carry bill to allow for private posting of signage, but to ensure that no criminality is or can be attached to carrying at a posted location. I've carried in Colorado, Minnesota, and Kentucky in posted locations, knowing that what I am doing is not a crime. It's a fine line between private property rights and gun rights in this regard ... but where I personally draw the line is whether the private property (business) is open to the public or not. If it is, I don't worry about "no guns" signs. Your mileage may differ.

http://www.1776coalition.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Concealed-and-Carry-Permit-Holders-Welcome.jpg http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj40/UncleHarleysAntlerArt/support2adoorsticker.jpg

Has anyone ever seen a sign or policy where customers who carry get a discount, especially in a business that has nothing to do with guns?

Maybe it will make it this time... drd

post-3416-0-05833400-1345537441.jpg

I like it, did you put up the one I sent you?

UH, Actually I did not put it up... It uses a statute as an authority to authorize carrying. I philosophically object to this although it would be considered "lawful" if done this way. We constitutionally are authorized to carry even though there are laws which inhibit and/or prohibit carrying. Just because it is a law does not make it constitutional.

My rosey red will probably thrown in the slammer for some misdeed some day I dunno... We will see. I can send the sticker back to you if you want. It is still on my desk. And no I don't really have anything up yet.

I do like the 2A concept, but I think that is almost too subtle. Who knows, right now I am a bit weary of the battle.... It will pass, and I will keep on keepin' on...

Regards, Drd

When concealed carry passes, I would be happy to help pay for a FULL PAGE version of these signs in the Chicago Tribune and a variety of other large newspapers around the state.

Illinois Carry and the NRA should develop the poster.

I'll pitch in to help defray the expense.

i would to for down south

Maybe it will make it this time... drd

post-3416-0-05833400-1345537441.jpg

I like it, did you put up the one I sent you?

UH, Actually I did not put it up... It uses a statute as an authority to authorize carrying. I philosophically object to this although it would be considered "lawful" if done this way. We constitutionally are authorized to carry even though there are laws which inhibit and/or prohibit carrying. Just because it is a law does not make it constitutional.

My rosey red will probably thrown in the slammer for some misdeed some day I dunno... We will see. I can send the sticker back to you if you want. It is still on my desk. And no I don't really have anything up yet.

I do like the 2A concept, but I think that is almost too subtle. Who knows, right now I am a bit weary of the battle.... It will pass, and I will keep on keepin' on...

Regards, Drd

No need to send it back, give it to one of your neighbors if they are interested.

The solution is for the carry bill to allow for private posting of signage, but to ensure that no criminality is or can be attached to carrying at a posted location. I've carried in Colorado, Minnesota, and Kentucky in posted locations, knowing that what I am doing is not a crime. It's a fine line between private property rights and gun rights in this regard ... but where I personally draw the line is whether the private property (business) is open to the public or not. If it is, I don't worry about "no guns" signs. Your mileage may differ.

I carry in Indiana in posted locations so long as they are not on the federal list. Private postings in Indiana bear no weight of law. The worst you could get would be disorderly conduct if you refuse to leave if caught.

Archived