Old DMV Picture on License

DURTY1

Hi all,

I have been reading the forum for a while and just ran into my first CCL conundrum.

I applied for my license and received it in March. All is good, I am a very happy man!

With my new responsibility of carrying a firearm, I wanted to err on the side of caution with regards to identification. My picture at the DMV which is used on the CCL is over 10 years old. Since then I have grown up a bit (it was taken on my 16th birthday) as well as had minor facial surgery. The picture is me, but a very very young me.

In addition to my old picture, I moved to a new apartment. I went down to the DMV and got a new license with the updated address and pretty new picture.

I submitted for a new FOID card, after about a month it was received with the new address and picture.

I then submitted for a new CCL and it was received with the new address, but OLD picture.

I called the ISP and the gentleman on the phone was pretty stumped. He could see the new DMV picture in the system, but said I didn't request an update when paying my $75 for the update of address. That is true, but there is no provision for requesting it during an address update. In addition, I figure every time the ID is printed it pulls the photo straight from the DMV (just like the FOID did).

He told me I could pay $75 again and request an updated photo--not happening. Or, send them a fax explaining the issue.

Anybody have advice for this?

Thanks!

Durty in Chicago

Thanks for the input guys.

I am not sure what they would trade, or why? All they have to do is train, fill out paperwork and pay. It was really quite easy.

My only thought is while the money is still fresh in ISP hands to suggest that they made an error on the card by not updating the picture. If I wait, that would obviously be out the window.

• 5 months later...

Archived