Photo

03 FFL (C&R) Bound Book Template

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#31 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• Supporting Members Team
  • 12,500 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:04 PM

One question - do I send copy 2 to the CLEO at the same time I send the app to the BATF or after I get approved?

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#32 Paper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:17 PM

Send at the same time. It's up to the CLEO to send any info that would cause you to deny while the application is being approved.
Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers, so we could identify their corporate sponsors..........

#33 howie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

Keep in mind once you get your license there are multiple vendors who give pretty decent discounts to C & R holders. My license has been paid for may times over just on parts I've ordered from Brownell's.

NRA Patron Member
ISRA Member
NRA Basic Pistol/Rifle/PPITH Instructor
ISP Approved CCW Instructor

www.boondocktactical.com

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"

"I am not well versed in history, but I will submit to your recollection, whether liberty has been destroyed most often by the licentiousness of the people, or by the tyranny of rulers. I imagine, sir, you will find the balance on the side of tyranny."- Patrick Henry

#34 Federal Farmer

David Lawson

• Members
  • 9,346 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:07 AM

Here's a question I'm still confused about...do I have to record all C&R eligible acquisitions/sales in my bound book even if I don't use my C&R to acquire or the rifle I'm selling wasn't acquired using my license?

What about rifles acquired prior to obtaining the license? Do I have to record their acquisition in the book?

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men [and women] stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

--George Orwell

-- Certified something-or-other by various organizations and governmental entities.

#35 Paper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:18 AM

If it's eligible and you're licensed, it goes in the book, whether you used the license to buy it or not.

Guns from before your license only go in if you sell them. Same day, in and out, from yourself.

Edited by Paper, 28 February 2012 - 09:20 AM.

Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers, so we could identify their corporate sponsors..........

#36 Federal Farmer

David Lawson

• Members
  • 9,346 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:41 AM

If it's eligible and you're licensed, it goes in the book, whether you used the license to buy it or not.

Guns from before your license only go in if you sell them. Same day, in and out, from yourself.

Thanks!

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men [and women] stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

--George Orwell

-- Certified something-or-other by various organizations and governmental entities.