Need a new holster

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 rmart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:32 PM

For the last three years I've been carrying my M&P Shield 9mm in a Nate Squared Professional holster in the AIWB position.

I'm adding the Crimson Trace LaserGuard to my firearm and N82 doesn't make my holster for that configuration.

So, I'm looking for suggestions for an alternative.

I like the N82 because it's slim, very comfortable, quick on the draw, tuckable, and has good firearm retention.

here's the one I'm using now.
Professional S&W M&P Shield | N82 Tactical

It looks bulky in the pic but it's very comfortable and I've never been called out on its presence, even by family members who see me often.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a holster that would meet all of these criteria and will fit the CT LG?

thanks

NRA Endowment Life Member

ISRA Member

Retired Firefighter/Paramedic

Father of two great kids and husband of one great wife

Civilization is not always advancing. The latest point is time is not necessarily the most enlightened. Society can regress. ~Dan Proft

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars... ~unknown

Right-wing action is the cleanup crew for left-wing fantasy ~Greg Gutfeld Nov 2015

"A general dissolution of the principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy.

While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but once they lose their virtue, they will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader." ~ Samuel Adams 1779 to James Warren

Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. ~Daniel Webster

How much can you put in your signature before it becomes too long??

#2 Aegis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:17 PM

Have you tried calling them?  I ran into that problem when I got my mother a XDs 9mm with a laser.  That specific option wasn't listed on their website, but when I called them, the woman that answered asked me for make and model, said something i won't repeat about modern technology, and then told me to order the one she uses for a diff model, it worked perfectly.

Other than that I don't have much to offerin way of replacements :no: , I carry a pro from n82 for my 1911, comfiest thing ever.

#3 es503IL

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:39 PM

Check out Black Rhino Concealment. They are in Gilberts, IL. They do very nice work.

#4 Huski92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:51 PM

+1 for Black Rhino. I have a few of theirs. Good people and veteran owned and operated. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 patriot1776

• Members
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:58 PM

Sticky, or Remora

#6 Bo69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:48 PM

http://www.insanekydexcreations.com

#7 rebel49

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:03 AM

JM4Tactical

#8 automatic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:15 PM

Vedder holsters LightTuck.  Very adjustable (ride height & cant).

Reasonably priced & fast delivery.

LightTuck_Zero_Cant_Middle_Hole__15534.1

If you are really using the CrimsonTrace LaserGuard (your link was to a different device) they have it on the drop down list with the 9mm Shield.

I've got a couple now and have been very pleased with them.  Extremely comfortable if you AIWB. 

Best of luck in your search.

Respectfully,

Edited by automatic, 09 March 2017 - 06:15 PM.

Automatic

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member

502a48de-a18d-43ff-b6eb-03750b6916eb_zps

#9 Reaper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:19 PM

Hidden Hybrid holsters, http://www.hiddenhybridholsters.com/

#10 rmart

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:40 PM

If you are really using the CrimsonTrace LaserGuard (your link was to a different device) they have it on the drop down list with the 9mm Shield.

Huh...

I originally posted that on the S&W forums and just copied the content to this thread. Apparently the S&W forum automatically puts those links in. I didn't do that.

ISRA Member

Civilization is not always advancing. The latest point is time is not necessarily the most enlightened. Society can regress. ~Dan Proft

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars... ~unknown

Right-wing action is the cleanup crew for left-wing fantasy ~Greg Gutfeld Nov 2015

"A general dissolution of the principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy.

While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but once they lose their virtue, they will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader." ~ Samuel Adams 1779 to James Warren

Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. ~Daniel Webster

#11 DG53

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:04 PM

Check out Stealth Gear USA. They cost a bit more, but are very well made and very comfortable. I have several for different guns and particularly like the appendix version, which I wear at 4:00.

http://stealthgearusa.com/shop
To truly say 'Never Again' requires having the means to back up that statement.

#12 NakPPI

• Members
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:06 PM

I've been rocking the bravo Concealment owb holster and loving it Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Stung by the result of McDonald v. City of Chicago, 130 S. Ct. 3020 (2010), the City quickly enacted an ordinance that was too clever by half. Recognizing that a complete gun ban would no longer survive Supreme Court review, the City required all gun owners to obtain training that included one hour of live‐range instruction, and then banned all live ranges within City limits. This was not so much a nod to the importance of live‐range training as it was a thumbing of the municipal nose at the Supreme Court.

#13 Ralffers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:33 AM

https://www.crossbre...wb-holster.html

is AIWB for the M&P Shield and molded to fit a Crimson Trace laser guard.

#14 2and10

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 07:55 PM

I just ordered a Vedder Lighttuck. Seems to have a bit more adjustability than some others and shipped quickly. They are available for a Shield with a Crimson Trace LG489 and LG489G.

#15 rmart

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:26 PM

I went with the Hidden Hybrid holster. Very happy with it.

http://shop.hiddenhy...Holster_c64.htm

ISRA Member

#16 b52

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:44 PM

Plus one for the vedders litetuck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users