Renewal Process guidelines.

lilguy

Just reading this,..

do they think your fingerprints change every 5 years?

If your fingerprints change every 5 years,what good is keeping track of them.

Please, read the law carefully as quoted earlier in this thread. Fingerprints are NOT required in the initial OR the renewal process. If you choose to submit fingerprints, then the ISP is tasked with getting your FCCL to you 30 days sooner. If a person did NOT file fingerprints initially, but would like to file them upon renewal to hasten the process, then she/he can. If you filed fingerprints initially, but do not file them upon renewal, it appears that they are still held to the 90 day period.

Just reading this,..

Please, read the law carefully as quoted earlier in this thread. Fingerprints are NOT required in the initial OR the renewal process. If you choose to submit fingerprints, then the ISP is tasked with getting your FCCL to you 30 days sooner. If a person did NOT file fingerprints initially, but would like to file them upon renewal to hasten the process, then she/he can. If you filed fingerprints initially, but do not file them upon renewal, it appears that they are still held to the 90 day period.

Sorry about that, I read the law so that saves the $50 or $60. I still think the charges are a bit excessive for a renewal.

and of course, there are bills filed that would make prints mandatory even for FOID although it has not gone anywhere yet this session.

Just reading this,..

Sorry about that, I read the law so that saves the $50 or $60. I still think the charges are a bit excessive for a renewal.

We all would agree that the fees are high. When you take into account that it is a 5 year license, then the annual fee of $30 is not excessive. Consider that $150 in Indiana gets you a Lifetime license with no renewal fee ever, then it becomes excessive. There are moves to make the fee lower. However, you'd agree that the "political climate" is not conducive right now to make gun laws less restrictive. The time will come.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Does the renewal training have to be certified by ISP like the original training?

Yes. Every class needs the ISP approval. That is generally not a problem though, you just need to submit a request to the ISP for approval.

For those instructors already teaching, it does not appear you need a separate 3 hour curriculum approved. Looks like the ISP already granted the 3 hour instruction from here:

https://ispfsb.com/Public/Documents/CCWCurriculumList.pdf

Interesting. I see my instructor is only on that list for 16/8 vs the bulk seeming to be 16/8 and 3 hour course.

Yep, I noticed a few where the 3 hour is missing.

I have a list of questions that I know we are going to be asked as instructors and will need answers. I have real concern if the ISP or JCAR or any other government body will actually gives us straight-forward answers before the first set of renewals start happening in early 2019. I'm looking for actual answers that can be backed up. Here are my questions:

-Will applicants go through same background checks as when they originally got their CCL?

-Need a new picture to upload for application?

-Different certificate for renewal, option line to the existing one?

-3 Hour curriculum need to be approved with new ccc# number designation or use other/current one?

Does the renewal training have to be certified by ISP like the original training?

Yes. Every class needs the ISP approval. That is generally not a problem though, you just need to submit a request to the ISP for approval.

For those instructors already teaching, it does not appear you need a separate 3 hour curriculum approved. Looks like the ISP already granted the 3 hour instruction from here:

https://ispfsb.com/Public/Documents/CCWCurriculumList.pdf

When you apply for your curriculum, there is a check box at the top of the application for 8/16 hour and another check box for 3 hour.

Interesting. I see my instructor is only on that list for 16/8 vs the bulk seeming to be 16/8 and 3 hour course.

I have a list of questions that I know we are going to be asked as instructors and will need answers. I have real concern if the ISP or JCAR or any other government body will actually gives us straight-forward answers before the first set of renewals start happening in early 2019. I'm looking for actual answers that can be backed up. Here are my questions:

-Will applicants go through same background checks as when they originally got their CCL?[/size]

-Need a new picture to upload for application?[/size]

-Different certificate for renewal, option line to the existing one?[/size]

-3 Hour curriculum need to be approved with new ccc# number designation or use other/current one?[/size]

Here’s a question for ya. If you are a certified instructor what is the process?

-Will applicants go through same background checks as when they originally got their CCL?[/size]

-Need a new picture to upload for application?[/size]

-Different certificate for renewal, option line to the existing one?[/size]

-3 Hour curriculum need to be approved with new ccc# number designation or use other/current one?[/size]

Here’s a question for ya. If you are a certified instructor what is the process?

Exactly. If you log into your CCL/FOID account, under "expiration" for instructor credentials, it says "n/a". Does that mean we don't expire?

Here are my questions:

-Will applicants go through same background checks as when they originally got their CCL?

And will the time for renewals be another 90/120 days?

Will the ISP be prepared for the volume of renewals coming in at one time when those initial licenses are up for renewal along with the regular volume for new apps, address changes and lost cards they currently receive?

-Will applicants go through same background checks as when they originally got their CCL?[/size] -Need a new picture to upload for application?[/size] -Different certificate for renewal, option line to the existing one?[/size] -3 Hour curriculum need to be approved with new ccc# number designation or use other/current one?[/size]

Exactly. If you log into your CCL/FOID account, under "expiration" for instructor credentials, it says "n/a". Does that mean we don't expire?

That is my understanding but it was not my question.

I was wondering about the renewal process for my CCL.

-Will applicants go through same background checks as when they originally got their CCL?[/size] -Need a new picture to upload for application?[/size] -Different certificate for renewal, option line to the existing one?[/size] -3 Hour curriculum need to be approved with new ccc# number designation or use other/current one?[/size]

That is my understanding but it was not my question.

I was wondering about the renewal process for my CCL.

Not really sure. When I logged into my ISP FOID/CCL account and I try and click on "Renew", it's grayed out and the button is not active.

• 4 months later...

Man, reading this makes my head hurt. Just renewed my Texas CHL, (here its every 3 years). The DPS (state police) make it easy. Sign in online using your DL number and CHL number, $25 bucks for veterans... they reuse your DL photo, and your original fingerprints you submitted. All I had to do was upload my DD-214 to prove veteran status. Took me all of 5 minutes to finish the whole process, should have my renewed card in a couple of weeks.

• 1 month later...

I'm into my forth year carrring, March 2014. Has the State of Illinois established guidelines for the renewal

Process?

If you got your license in March 2014, this is April 2017, I know I went to public school and all, but if I understand the new math, that is 3 years and 1 month.

Which means having completed 3 years, he's now INTO the 4th year as he said.

I tried replying to BobPistol's post, quoting him and Tango7. I got "you have entered more than the allowed lines of text" or something like that. How come ? It was just 2 lines of text plus mine.

Anyway I wanted to say that in 2014 I renewed my Utah non-resident LTC for $12 for 5 years and no need to do prints again. I'm glad they don't charge like illinois for either the initial LTC or renewals.

Archived