AR takedown pin holes not anodized

rott

So I went and picked up a Daniel Defense AR for myself...been wanting one for years.

Anyway, it looks like the hole for the takedown and pivot pins in the lower receiver did not get anodized properly. The bottom half of the holes are shiny aluminum. Should I do anything to those areas, or just not worry about it. The fit between the upper and lower are good, and I see no other problems

Just dint know if I should get a Sharpie out, a Beechwood Casey pen, or leave alone...or send back to factory.

What would you do? You cannot see it unless you pop out the pins. As you cannot remove the pins from the lower completely, I assume the area on the "right" side of the lower has the same issue on the holesbut since I can't completely remove the pins I can't verify.

They lowers may have been anodized first then drilled. The anodizing process add a couple microns or hardness to the aluminum. You don't have any need to protect the metal because aluminum will not corrode. Anything you put on it to make the hole black will wear off anyway. Don't bother with the casey aluminum black either that stuff sucks. Just put the pins in and let it rip.

Thanks...I appreciate your input. That is the direction I'm headed, but I'm also kind of a perfectionist...just ask my wife, she's probably getting ready to kick me out..... :)

Ah...You're either a perfectionist or not. There is no "kind of..."

If you're a perfectionist...that's cool in my book. If you're a make-shift, fudge it, duct tape kinda guy, that's all right too....

but you're not workin' on MY stuff. Or borrowing it either!

Thanks...I appreciate your input. That is the direction I'm headed, but I'm also kind of a perfectionist...just ask my wife, she's probably getting ready to kick me out..... :)

If you're a perfectionist...that's cool in my book. If you're a make-shift, fudge it, duct tape kinda guy, that's all right too....

I was trying to be nice to myself...I am a perfectionist....drives my wife crazy at times, but she loves me because I'm....wait for it....PERFECT!

:):)

I was trying to be nice to myself...I am a perfectionist....drives my wife crazy at times, but she loves me because I'm....wait for it....PERFECT!

:):)

Now THAT'S COOL! I'd love to see pictures of your projects, sometime! :yes:

Archived