ISP Updates FOID/CCL Software to COVID-19 Rules

Molly B.

J Q, I do a LOT of senior citizens that have trouble on the net. I'm seeing 2 day trips for my people, first for the class because they are worried about their licenses expiring and a second for me to upload their cert (when who knows that will be) kinda like the PITA buying a gun.

The only solution I see at this time is for you to scan the signed certificate and keep the file on hold until the window opens to upload, then log into their account and upload the certificate . . .

That's what I was thinking. I would need their login info. That puts responsibility on ME to keep the STATE's system working. It would be much easier it there was the option to file now OR later, not just shut down the portal.

There's another issue that needs to be addressed. If a person is expired and needs to take all 16hrs again there is no provision for them to do so. Basically, they can't apply for a new card and not allowed to upload the training, so in effect, they are denied the right to even submit and get the ball rolling and are also prevented from carrying because they expired BEFORE this event.

Molly, they need to fix this thing, this poor guy can't even submit training and is expired.

JQ

There's another issue that needs to be addressed. If a person is expired and needs to take all 16hrs again there is no provision for them to do so. Basically, they can't apply for a new card and not allowed to upload the training, so in effect, they are denied the right to even submit and get the ball rolling and are also prevented from carrying because they expired BEFORE this event.

Molly, they need to fix this thing, this poor guy can't even submit training and is expired.

JQ

How long ago did he expire?

• 2 weeks later...

Renewal Certificates cannot be uploaded at this time. When the EO is lifted and the 12-month calendar starts, option to submit certificates will resume.

Just sent you a PM. I went through the renewal process on the ISPFSB site a few minutes ago and was allowed to upload my training certificate. I had no issues at all. I logged in, verified my info, entered everything, uploaded my certificate and picture, paid, printed the summary page, and logged out. Business as usual Took all of 10 minutes.

Renewal Certificates cannot be uploaded at this time. When the EO is lifted and the 12-month calendar starts, option to submit certificates will resume.

Just sent you a PM. I went through the renewal process on the ISPFSB site a few minutes ago and was allowed to upload my training certificate. I had no issues at all. I logged in, verified my info, entered everything, uploaded my certificate and picture, paid, printed the summary page, and logged out. Business as usual Took all of 10 minutes.

This is good to know! Thanks for the update!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I applied online to renew my FOID, on September 1, 2021, and a new FOID was issued on September 7, 2021.  I received the new FOID in the mail on September 13, 2021.

I am the 5th person in the group of retired guys I run with who renewed their FOID card since March of 2021 and the longest it took anyone to get their new FOID was 22 days.  We all had to submit fingerprints electronically when we applied for either a FCCL or FCCL Instructor certification.  Maybe the new system pushes the applications through more quickly when electronic fingerprints are on file.