ISP FILES EMERGENCY RULES REGARDING FOID AND CCL RENEWALS

Molly B.

I just checked my CCL Status and it now says "Incomplete" even though expiration date is COVID-19.

What does that mean and do I need to take any action? I thought a license that was active would remain active during the Governor's Emergency Order?

Did you start your renewal? My guess is that it’s picking up on an incomplete renewal app.

I just checked my CCL Status and it now says "Incomplete" even though expiration date is COVID-19.

What does that mean and do I need to take any action? I thought a license that was active would remain active during the Governor's Emergency Order?

Did you start your renewal? My guess is that it’s picking up on an incomplete renewal app.

Indeed, I did. As long as it doesn't throw my status into question I'm fine but I'd like to know if it is going to cause me issues and what happens if I hit renew before the COVID expiry.

Ok, I submitted the renewal and now it states "Under Review".

It's my understanding that until the renewal is submitted, even though the extension is provided due to COVID that a renewal is also required to be submitted. Otherwise the license would be considered as expired.

Yes, one needs to be filed but you have time per Covid rules...ISP FAQ

Q My FOID/CCL expired three months ago, and I haven't submitted a renewal application as of today. Can I submit my late FOID/CCL renewal application now in order for my expired FOID/CCL to remain valid, or was there a specific time frame I needed to do this in, in order for it to remain valid?

A If your FOID/CCL expired after March 9, 2020, it will remain valid for the duration of the disaster proclamation plus 12 months. If you fail to file a renewal application during that time frame, your FOID/CCL license will expire once the 12-month period has elapsed.

Excellent point. I freaked out a bit seeing my status as "Incomplete". I wonder if that effectively means you can extend your license expiry out even further than the 5 years that it would have otherwise expired.

Ok, I submitted the renewal and now it states "Under Review".

It's my understanding that until the renewal is submitted, even though the extension is provided due to COVID that a renewal is also required to be submitted. Otherwise the license would be considered as expired.

Yes, one needs to be filed but you have time per Covid rules...ISP FAQ

Q My FOID/CCL expired three months ago, and I haven't submitted a renewal application as of today. Can I submit my late FOID/CCL renewal application now in order for my expired FOID/CCL to remain valid, or was there a specific time frame I needed to do this in, in order for it to remain valid?

A If your FOID/CCL expired after March 9, 2020, it will remain valid for the duration of the disaster proclamation plus 12 months. If you fail to file a renewal application during that time frame, your FOID/CCL license will expire once the 12-month period has elapsed.

After eight months of waiting on my wife's FOID renewal, at the beginning of August I filed a request for assistance on Gov. Pritzker's website. Monday my wife got a phone call (never heard of that) from the ISP that her FOID had been approved and she should receive it in about ten days. During those eight months I had emailed ISP, and reached out to my state congressmen for help, all without success.

It makes me wonder if everyone who has been waiting for their FOID should ask for help from Gov. Pritzker's office. At once.

I also wonder if it made any difference that I mentioned in my request that I was a member of both the ISRA and SAF, the organizations suing the state.

Archived