Hypothetical question for Mgmt

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 TRJ

The Original TRJ, Accept No Impostors

• Supporting Members Team
  • 8,284 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:16 PM

Let's say the Anti-gunners win big some day and we're reduced to owning muskets...No Semi-auto of any kind...would the site management be willing/able to nuke the forum and start over without anything but the Right to Carry and Illinois Politics sections? We whine about not wanting registration, but freely discuss exactly what we own as we try to help each other make a selection that's right for them. Just curious. Asking for a friend. :flowers:

#2 Euler

• Members
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:27 PM

The hosting company probably does regular backups as part of their service.
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.
- Albert Camus, Resistance, Rebellion, and Death, 1960.

#3 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 19,141 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:37 PM

Maybe you should be wondering what would happen if the forum went down in a tragic boating accident :devil:

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

Difficult days demand decisions of faith (Max Lucado)

On 5/25/2017, Superintendent Eddie Johnson predicted a 50% reduction is Chicago violence within 3 years of SB1722 becoming law.  The bill was signed into law on 6/23/2017. The clock is now ticking.

#4 TRJ

• 8,284 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:44 PM

That's exactly what my friend was wondering. Do servers have boating accidents?

#5 mauserme

• Admin
  • 19,141 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:47 PM

The ones that have boats can.

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

On 5/25/2017, Superintendent Eddie Johnson predicted a 50% reduction is Chicago violence within 3 years of SB1722 becoming law.  The bill was signed into law on 6/23/2017. The clock is now ticking.

#6 InterestedBystander

• 5,407 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:48 PM

Hypothetically...If someone "accidentally" shot a hole in the bottom of the hoat, it could be tragic!

Edited by InterestedBystander, 14 November 2018 - 12:48 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸

#7 mauserme

• Admin
  • 19,141 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:51 PM

Hypothetically...If someone "accidentally" shot a hole in the bottom of the hoat, it could be tragic!

Well, if they had a gun...

#8 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 5,091 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 01:47 PM

You mean just wipe it clean with a cloth? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
...and justice for all

YOUR WALLET, the only place Democrats care to drill

#9 JDW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 02:01 PM

bleachbit lol

ISRA-Member, IC Supporter, FFL-IL Supporter, Pro2A, #Draintheswamp #USA

#10 billzfx4

• Members
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 03:43 PM

In Before The Nuke

Edited by billzfx4, 14 November 2018 - 03:44 PM.

Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me.

#11 Quiet Observer

• 1,201 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 03:48 PM

Let's say the Anti-gunners win big some day and we're reduced to owning muskets...No Semi-auto of any kind...would the site management be willing/able to nuke the forum and start over without anything but the Right to Carry and Illinois Politics sections? We whine about not wanting registration, but freely discuss exactly what we own as we try to help each other make a selection that's right for them. Just curious. Asking for a friend. :flowers:

If it gets that bad, then we need to worrying about ex-spouses, relatives, friends, shooting and hunting buddies, our FFLs that we may have talked guns or shot with.  

#12 Euler

• Members
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 04:57 PM

I guess I shouldn't post about that 88mm that I cut down to 13.5 inches for carry in my car, then.
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.
- Albert Camus, Resistance, Rebellion, and Death, 1960.

#13 WitchDoctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 05:08 PM

Let's not let the Anti's do that!

IC Sponsor

ISRA Member

NRA Life Member

Airborne

3/504 P.I.R

25 years US Army

Proud Parent to a Wonderful Kid...

Tired of Chicago B.S.

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

#14 TRJ

• 8,284 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 05:13 PM

I guess I shouldn't post about that 88mm that I cut down to 13.5 inches for carry in my car, then.

That would be prudent.

#15 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 13,216 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 06:18 PM

Did I tell you about the time I drove over to St Sabinas and turned in every firearm I eve owned.
I then donated the gift cards I got to the ACLU.

If you read it in the internet it MUST be true.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#16 GWBH

Ripcord... This is Alabama - Fire For Effect, Over...

• Members
  • 6,279 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 07:28 PM

Turned in all mine to the CPD at a Chicago buy back event.

I'm just on the forum to cause hate and discontent...

Fire Support Base Ripcord Association - the heroes of the Vietnam War have their names on a wall in Washington, DC
http://www.ripcordassociation.com/

Phil Compton "ishmo", "L" Company 75th Infantry (RANGER) 101st Airborne Division (VietNam 1968 - 1969 / 1970 - 1971 )
A good man, a good soldier, a patriot and a true friend.

PFC Patrick J. Bohan, 101 Pathfinder Detachment, 101st Airborne Division, KIA, July 10, 1970, on FSB Ripcord

#17 tkroenlein

OFFICIAL MEMBER

• Members
  • 8,738 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 08:58 AM

I'm not afraid of them looking on here.

I guess if it's my civic duty, I will relinquish my guns- a small caliber defensive pistol, for which I am licensed by the state to carry, and my deer hunting shotgun, for which I am licensed by the state to use a few days per year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users