How many emails should we expect to get after applying?

Blythes

In this entire process of creating a digital ID, filling out everything online, submitting an application, etc. I've received only a single email saying that my payment was accepted. Is that it? Only a single email? I'm assuming that people don't need to sign in to check their status and if the ISP needs a correction or clarification that they'll email us directly?

Thank you for making your payment to Illinois Concealed Carry via the Illinois State Treasurer's E-Pay system. Your transaction was successful.

Is the next step getting the actual permit in the mail?

What exactly are you looking for? Daily updates?

None of us knows for sure how many emails we will receive, because none of us (instructors included) have so far completed the process. I expect that the soonest any of us instructors will receive our permits is around January 18, which is 30 days past the date they opened the application process for us.

I do not find it to be a burden to log into my account and check the status of the application. In fact, I think that is a pretty nice feature. I am guessing they will send an email when the application is approved or denied. No sure what other updates you are looking for...

In this entire process of creating a digital ID, filling out everything online, submitting an application, etc. I've received only a single email saying that my payment was accepted. Is that it? Only a single email? I'm assuming that people don't need to sign in to check their status and if the ISP needs a correction or clarification that they'll email us directly?

Thank you for making your payment to Illinois Concealed Carry via the Illinois State Treasurer's E-Pay system. Your transaction was successful.

Is the next step getting the actual permit in the mail?

What you think you should get more or would like to get more ????????

An E-mail stating:

1) The objection period has passed with no challenges files; or that xxxxxxxxxxxxx filed an objection

2) Your b/g and fingerprints came back clean or came back with problems

3) Your application has been approved or denied

4) Your card has been produced

5) Your card has been mailed

Is this speculation, or is this first hand knowledge?

You do need to sign in to check your status and I have received just the one email.

Thanks for answering my question. Thought it was only a single email and apparently I'm correct. FWIW - I never received an email after I set up my IL state digital ID, which I think is a bit weird and not the norm when you establish an online account with any corporation that does business on the internet.

An E-mail stating:

1) The objection period has passed with no challenges files; or that xxxxxxxxxxxxx filed an objection

Same question--

An E-mail stating:

Same question--

I believe he is suggesting that this is what he wants from the state not what he expects to happen.

You do need to sign in to check your status and I have received just the one email.

Thanks for answering my question. Thought it was only a single email and apparently I'm correct. FWIW - I never received an email after I set up my IL state digital ID, which I think is a bit weird and not the norm when you establish an online account with any corporation that does business on the internet.

I do think it was a fair question by the OP. I don't think it was with then intent of looking for a lot of updates on the status as much as questioning the fact that there was no confirmation of setting up an ID, or maybe even a message stating the application has been completed and is under review. Yes, you can go on the website and see that, but generally when we complete something, or set up something like a new User ID and Password, an email confirmation is sent.

Most of us will continue to check periodically on the status of the application, but for the future it would be a nice add by the ISP to confirm.

I've not received a single e-mail from the process and I'm #49 in line

Not even a payment confrimation?

hmmmm maybe I did get that - honestly don't recall

From what I can tell, that's all any of us have received. FWIW #5xxx

BTW--- I think yours is the lowest number I remember seeing, I could be wrong, getting blurry eyed after 3days in the house, watching TV and this forum.

Taken from https://ccl4illinois...cw/LH/Dash.aspx

About the Application Process

Upon receipt of a qualified application, Illinois State Police (ISP) will issue or deny the applicant within 90 or 120 days depending on the submission of fingerprints. During the review process, ISP will send notifications on key status changes to the supplied email, and send correspondence via U.S. mail to the applicant’s home address. Law enforcement personnel throughout the state of Illinois have a 30-day period to object to submitted applications. In doing so, a board dedicated to reviewing objections will make a final decision to affirm or not the totality of objections submitted. Once the period for review has elapsed, ISP will prepare, print and send the Conceal Carry License to the license holder’s current address.

Also, make sure to check your spam folder carefully, you never know what might end up in there.

I doubt you will ever receive another email unless there is a problem with your application. Much like the FOID, you will simply walk out to your mailbox and there it will be. A brand new CC permit.

My expectation too... I also think the only way you will know it is on it's way is to sign in and check. I would expect it will show "approved" at some point and may, or may not, show "issued"... {shrug}

I believe I have only gotten 1 email since my application which was a confirmation.

No news is good news?

I believe I have only gotten 1 email since my application which was a confirmation.

No news is good news?

Agreed. And you can check the status anytime.

I've not received a single e-mail from the process and I'm #49 in line

Not to get off topic, but I would say this depends on their process. The ID number you're referring to is low because you were one of the first to start your application. It's assigned when you first login to the site. If they do indeed process by ID number then you're certainly at the head of the class. However if they process FIFO by order completed, which I would expect they should, well then it really depends on how many people actually paid before you. (although I'm betting you were still right there :cool: )

Down the road (like in 2015) I could see them sending out status updates via e-mail. For this first go around, I'm guessing they don't have anything like that built into the system yet. Otherwise, all the people who were switched to Rejected status should have probably received an e-mail update along the way, no?

On a side note, I wonder if it occurred to them that they could probably cut the load on their authentication servers by about 70% if they'd designed a better system of providing status updates, so all us yahoos wouldn't be logging in to check our permit status four times a day every day....

...On a side note, I wonder if it occurred to them that they could probably cut the load on their authentication servers by about 70% if they'd designed a better system of providing status updates, so all us yahoos wouldn't be logging in to check our permit status four times a day every day....

I am only checking 3 times a day... :phone:

Archived