Can someone check if posted: Seman Violins in Skokie

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 deerhuntre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:42 PM

I was offended and disappointed to see William Harris Lee, a violin shop in Wilmette, had posted their store.  We've been renting instruments from there for quite some time and they had never been posted--until recently.  Therefore, I'm going to take my business somewhere else and the only other really fantastic violin shop in the area is Seman Violins in Skokie.

I'm hoping someone here will be by their location and can have a look and let me know if they are posted or not.  I checked the POSTED! app and they are not listed.  Of course, I have added William Harris Lee.

Seman Violins

4447 Oakton St

Skokie, IL 60076

Edited by deerhuntre, 07 September 2017 - 03:43 PM.

#2 SiliconSorcerer

• Members
  • 1,979 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:02 PM

I was offended and disappointed to see William Harris Lee, a violin shop in Wilmette, had posted their store.  We've been renting instruments from there for quite some time and they had never been posted--until recently.  Therefore, I'm going to take my business somewhere else and the only other really fantastic violin shop in the area is Seman Violins in Skokie.

I'm hoping someone here will be by their location and can have a look and let me know if they are posted or not.  I checked the POSTED! app and they are not listed.  Of course, I have added William Harris Lee.

Seman Violins

4447 Oakton St

Skokie, IL 60076

Have you talked or written a letter, I've had on and off success but everyone I had written to replied at least. 

Some I don't buy like their insurance co is making them but whatever...

You give peace a chance; I'll cover you if it doesn't work out.

NRA Benefactor Member

Remington Society of America Life Member

Ruger Collectors Association Life Member

Texas Gun Collector Honorary Member

Colt Collectors Association Honorary Member

Ruger Society Honorary Member

etc etc etc

#3 KingWalleye

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:20 PM

Wasn't Lee Goodytwoshoes running around Wilmette a while ago handing out stickers?

#4 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 12,949 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:02 PM

Looks posted from Google Street viewa2dcdad85f637a41f26b9f423e708455.jpg Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Have all boated who fish?

#5 WitchDoctor

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:43 PM

Seman Violins

4447 Oakton St

Skokie, IL 60076

Have you talked or written a letter, I've had on and off success but everyone I had written to replied at least. 

Some I don't buy like their insurance co is making them but whatever...

I think that writing that letter is the best way to get people to think about how we truly live in a different world now.

Edited for spaling...LoL

Edited by WitchDoctor, 07 September 2017 - 08:44 PM.

ISRA Member

NRA Life Member

3/504 P.I.R Blue Devil

25 years US Army

Proud Parent to a Wonderful Kid...

Tired of Chicago B.S.

#6 deerhuntre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:33 PM

I was going to call and see if he had some time to meet or speak on the phone, but I like the letter idea and will offer to meet and discuss further.  Since his store wasn't posted for such a long time, I am guessing a group came to the stores and told them the must post or some such thing.  (Happened at my friend's liquor store and I set him straight and the sign went in the trash).

Reading your replies gives me some hope and motivation to take this up!!  I've had mixed results as well in the past.  Some people are just closed-minded and live in make-believe-land.

Thank you all and I will update when I have some feedback.

#7 Black Flag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:58 PM

How about Bein and Fushi?

Posted Image

#8 Windermere

Bacon Junkie

• 1,204 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:06 PM

I pass that store everyday to work and back. I can take a look tomorrow morn but It looks like fife already answered your question.
"Always remember, your ability to shoot and have a firearm makes it so that you are not subjected to the whims of other people without your permission. So, in other words, if you don't want to get raped, robbed, pillaged, or plundered... get a gun."
-Clint Smith

#9 Xwing

• Members
  • 8,568 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:37 AM

If you're a long-time customer, I would strongly recommend having a cordial sit-down conversation with the owner or general manager of the shop.  Calmly explain the fact that this sign doesn't actually apply to criminals and felons.  Not only will it do nothing to stop a violent person, it isn't even an additional criminal charge for them.  The only people the sign applies to are the background-checked, fully vetted, fully compliant, lawful CCW holders.  In addition, it will cause these people to no longer shop at the store (cite "Posted" app, IllinoisCarry, Word of mouth, etc), but will not cause anyone to start shopping there.  Lots of good discussion points.  Please let us know how it works...

NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
CCW Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Gun Range Tools & Logs: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#10 Windermere

Bacon Junkie

• 1,204 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:17 AM

Seman Violin definitely posted

yRp2e80.jpg
"Always remember, your ability to shoot and have a firearm makes it so that you are not subjected to the whims of other people without your permission. So, in other words, if you don't want to get raped, robbed, pillaged, or plundered... get a gun."
-Clint Smith

#11 Quiet Observer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:35 PM

Seman Violins

4447 Oakton St

Skokie, IL 60076

I see that your question has been answered above.  A tool that you can use is the Posted! app at the top of each page here.  It was developed by one of the other members here.  It is also downloadable to ios and Android devices from any app store site.  It depends on the input of users.  You can add posted businesses to the app.  After review the admin of the app will post the change.  William Harris Lee was added in August 2017.  

#12 Xwing

• Members
  • 8,568 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:07 AM

I've update "Posted!" app to include a posting for Seman Violins.  It already had William Harris Lee added.

To the OP; let us know how the letter / chat goes w/ the owner.  Hopefully we will be able to change the store to "gun friendly" after your discussion. :)

NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
CCW Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Gun Range Tools & Logs: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users