Illinois wait time for Approval for Rifle

Coiled

I went and bought 3 rifles yesterday before 10 AM. All for my 2 kids and little brother I have guardianship of. Went today around 1pm pick them up. Was told pending weird I said never ever had this problem be it pistol or Rifle. I go do a little bit of running while in town filled up car went grocery shopping went to drug store for wife's prescriptions she needed. Little over an hour passed and went back still pending. I called them while in the car for it they said the currently was on the 1st of the month 5pm that people sent in for background checks. We started talking how messed up it was. I told her about friend in Kentucky going picking it up right after he paid then she proceeded to tell me it was a federal offense that they did She stated it's mandatory 24 hours for long guns and 72 hours for pistols it has to be its federal law. I laughed a little inside. We have these people doing our background checks that don't know what the federal laws actually are...... Rant over admin feel free to delete if you want if its not allowed. But I am fed up with Illinois so much. Kids are devastated we was going shooting this weekend maybe tomorrow I guess who knows.

I go to out of state auctions frequently where guns are also being sold. It is a bit surreal to be a lifelong Il resident and watch hoards of people, including teens, walking around post sale with guns over their shoulder, pistols in each hand, carrying them back to their car, or passing them around while mingling in groups.

In Missouri, you sign an affidavit that your are neither a felon or nuts and you are good to go.

In Illinois, the entire gun buying state is held up by a small office south of springfield in which a dozen staff handle mail, phones, data processing, inquiries and everything else FOID and CCW related. You get your permission card when they get to it, regardless of what the judge or law decrees. We live in a state where you can walk into a sportings good store with a sidearm on your belt to purchase another gun, yet you cannot leave with that gun until the "cooling off" period has passed and you are deemed approved.

KY is great for that. My buddy has a ccw and there's no wait. If you don't have a ccw it's 15 min. Pay and go. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know I have a friend down there wants Family and me to move down there. Only thing stopping it is the wife. All my family is either dead or lives in other states all her family lives in Streator mainly. Her dad lives in Indiana.

I go to out of state auctions frequently where guns are also being sold. It is a bit surreal to be a lifelong Il resident and watch hoards of people, including teens, walking around post sale with guns over their shoulder, pistols in each hand, carrying them back to their car, or passing them around while mingling in groups.

In Missouri, you sign an affidavit that your are neither a felon or nuts and you are good to go.

In Illinois, the entire gun buying state is held up by a small office south of springfield in which a dozen staff handle mail, phones, data processing, inquiries and everything else FOID and CCW related. You get your permission card when they get to it, regardless of what the judge or law decrees. We live in a state where you can walk into a sportings good store with a sidearm on your belt to purchase another gun, yet you cannot leave with that gun until the "cooling off" period has passed and you are deemed approved.

I know we went down to Knob Creek in KY and watching lots of people buying walking out what not and at KYgunco watching it is like oh that's nice.

They should not even know there were multiple rifles purchased. The only time multiple paperwork required is when you pick up multiple handguns. Illinois just gets to it when they get to it. That department is understaffed and it in not a priority to bring it to proper staffing levels.

What I was kinda thinking but who knows its Illinois

I have always questioned the good it does having a FOID card when you still have to do all the background and waiting "cooling off" time. IF it meant that you could skip all that since it has already been done, then I could see the benefit. And even if having your concealed carry allowed you to buy and walk it would be another incentive to have it. AND like it was mentioned= it it beyond stupid to have to wait 3 days for a pistol when you are wearing on on your belt when you fill out the paper work. That negates the stupid argument for a "cooling off period". Just more means to denying us our Constitutional rights.

I have bought a few pistols in Kentucky. The procedure is that you pay the store for the gun- they transfer it to a FFL in Illinois who does the actual paper work (cost about 20-30 dollars extra). One time a guy I worked with was buying one too- and he paid and carried it out. I had to wait at least 3 days (depends on how quick they get the gun to the guy etc.) and pay extra.

When you get so angry with someone that you want to shoot them dead, it won't do to use just any ol pistol laying around in the safe - you have to get a brand new pistol that perfectly suits your murderous rage.

I laughed at this Still no Rifles yet...... Guy at place said they had one that waited 21 days. I nicely told him but firmly told him that's not gonna happen to me as I will do a credit card reversal why I pay everything with credit card. He told me you cant do that. I was like just wait if after tomorrow after I get off work I still don't have it approved I will do it and get my cash back great thing with Discover they fight for the consumer.

Every single time I've had an FTIP check, it's been delayed. One FFL told me it's because of my single DUI back in 2003 (not even a traffic citation since then) but I find that hard to believe. Another said there's no rhyme or reason, the FTIP system is just jacked up. Either way, it's an annoyance even if the delay is only an hour or less. I was delayed for 70 hours once, FFL said he was just gonna give me the pistol if he didn't get a confirmation within 72 hours of my completion of the 4473 and the pistol arriving at his shop.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Ok been busy getting run around from Illinois. I picked up my rifles yesterday at 5PM. I called and called into them until I finally asked if there was something wrong and why is it I have to wait for over 72 hours for rifles? They asked me for my ID number for FOID I gave it to them. Their reason......... The computer hicuped for some reason and put me in a delay status that's about all I got out of them. I told them with me being CCL I should be able to walk in and walk out like other states.

For a detailed explanation on delays, read this post: http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=64724&p=1069840

I have a very very uncommon name almost hardly ever see it ever. I think there are a few people with my last name in Pontiac there is some in Indiana I know and 2 other states that I am aware of one that is a Known felon for Child molestation and kidnapping aswell as murder. I would post it but I believe it would be against the rules.

I've run my name through the Wisconsin court records database (since I used to live there) and holy crap. Some guy with my exact name is a multiple felon. I've found multiple convicted felons and/or those convicted of domestic battery with same first, middle initial, and last name as mine so no wonder I'm getting delayed.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Archived