help with foid screw up.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 222 rem mag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:20 AM

Ok got ccw a year ago. Havent tried to purchase firearm since then. Yesturday tried to do paper work at ffl for fire arm I had just bought. Foid comesback invalid. Tried to check status on isp websight and it will no longer accept my user id. Ffl asked if I got new foid after received ccw. I said no. He ran purchase under ccw and it went thru but purchase is under review. What the blank happened. Anybody got ideas

#2 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:26 AM

If you just got the CCL in the past year, you should have gotten a new FOID also!
Look at the CCL and the FOID and see if the numbers match, I'm guessing not.
You have the old FOID more than likely.
The new FOID did NOT come in the same envelope.
Separate ones and sometimes das apart, not same day delivery!

If this is the case, call the ISP and tell them you didn't receive the new card, they can match the records with the CCL and reissue the card. Hopefully they won't charge for a new FOID......it is Illinois so be prepared to pay.
Shame you didn't catch this a year ago and it would be just a non received card and I'm sure they would have sent out a replacement.

One year later.........they're going to think you lost it. Just my opinion here, not case law.

#3 222 rem mag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:48 AM

That confirms what isp said a litlle while ago. Had to pay for new card. Lady at isp said there had been some trouble with some cards not being sent

#4 222 rem mag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:49 AM

She had no idea why websight login doesnt work. They show same info I do for login

#5 InterestedBystander

• 3,101 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 11:13 AM

That confirms what isp said a litlle while ago. Had to pay for new card. Lady at isp said there had been some trouble with some cards not being sent

With some cards not being sent and not telling people to expect a new card, not charging would have seemed appropriate. At least it was only $5 (I assume).
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member

#6 222 rem mag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 11:19 AM

11$

#7 InterestedBystander

• 3,101 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 11:46 AM

Ah, maybe I was thinking of address change. I now see it is stated on the ISP site as a replacement FOID card costs $10.00 plus a $1.00 service fee.
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member

#8 Hunter55

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 06:59 PM

I got my CCL in late February and until I called ISP in July the new FOID did not show, they said they would send one out in 7-10 days, it arrived in less than a week no additional charge. i purchased two new handguns using the CCL # each time but my FFL called ISP and had no issues 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users