Photo

Walmart Concealed Carry prohibited sign

• Please log in to reply
6773 replies to this topic

#6751 Scipio24

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:16 AM

As a new member (just applied for my CC permit last week) who has spent some time reading these forums, I'll naively ask what the inside joke is regarding doing a "Walmart Walk" following issue of the CC permit and/or at any other time?

Apparently it's all the hype of what I should do when I get my permit. :cool:

Thanks!

#6752 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 12,831 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:50 AM

Just in case you run into Ms. Grumpypants.

Have all boated who fish?

#6753 C0untZer0

• Members
  • 12,041 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:17 PM

She works mornings...

Mayor Bloomberg himself has recently turned his attention from oversize soft drinks to gun control, confirming the tendency of the Progressive to go from nanny to tyrant.
- N. A. Halkides -

#6754 spaceman spiff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:53 PM

As a new member (just applied for my CC permit last week) who has spent some time reading these forums, I'll naively ask what the inside joke is regarding doing a "Walmart Walk" following issue of the CC permit and/or at any other time?

Apparently it's all the hype of what I should do when I get my permit. :cool:

Thanks!

Walmart is known for not posting, which makes it a great place to take your first stroll with your CCL, otherwise known as the wallywalk. I took my first stroll at a Mariano's because I don't have a Walmart close to me.

NRA Member

ISRA Member

#6755 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 12,831 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:00 PM

The Mariano's march.

#6756 C0untZer0

• Members
  • 12,041 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:18 PM

Ya but you can't buy ammo at Mariano's,

At Walmart you can buy ammo, and buy it with your CCL.

Mayor Bloomberg himself has recently turned his attention from oversize soft drinks to gun control, confirming the tendency of the Progressive to go from nanny to tyrant.
- N. A. Halkides -

#6757 BShawn

• Members
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:43 AM

The first time I lawfully carried a firearm was very memorable to me, and no it wasn't a "wally walk" :D

The first time I legally carried my sidearm was in PA, as I stood in front of the liberty bell @ Independence Hall! And no, I don't mean INSIDE the building (AFAIK you cannot carry inside the buildings/tours), I mean as I walked down the sidewalk in front of it!

I'll NEVER forget that!

upload3.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Licensed to carry since 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ IL CCL 75 days from application to in hand!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ I'm not the "bad guy" here, I just want to be able to defend myself and my family. Anywhere I should be permitted to carry a pencil (1st amendment), I should also be able to carry a firearm (2nd amendment) !!!!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Why do I carry a handgun? Well, look at it this way -- I keep a fire extinguisher in my house. I don't expect to have a fire; indeed, it's highly unlikely. But in the unlikely event of fire, not having the means to stop the fire could result in serious property loss or personal injury to myself and my family. Neither do I expect to be a victim of violent crime; indeed, it's highly unlikely. But in the unlikely event of a violent crime, not having the means to stop the criminal could lead to serious property loss or personal injury to myself and my family. It is simply a matter of common-sense prudence."
GarandFan, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Drawing any line only restricts law abiding people from crossing such a line. The "line" doesn't exist for criminals so we have to support the second amendment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good man with a gun"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#6758 InterestedBystander

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:39 PM

Walmart and guns!!!

full story at link

http://www.fox2detro...277272120-story

Back to school brawl leads to woman pulling gun at Novi Walmart

NOVI, Mich. (WJBK) - Shoppers at a Walmart in Novi, Mich. were in for some frightening moments as they witnessed a woman pull out a loaded gun Monday afternoon. Police say the gun was pulled out during a fight over school supplies.

"It was in the back to school section over a notebook," says Novi Police Det. Scott Baetens.

Novi officers say two Farmington Hills women, ages 32 and 46, were inside the Novi Towne Center Walmart, shopping for school supplies. Apparently, so was a 20-year-old South Lyon woman and her mother, 51.

"One girl was going to buy a notebook. There was one left, some pushing resulted," Baetens says. "They began to argue who was the rightful purchaser of that notebook."

Both duos of women were not backing down, as police and witnesses described the two women pulling the younger woman's hair. That mother got shoved out of the way as the three continued to fight. That mother then pulled out a gun.

"She's a valid CPL holder," Baetens says. "She pulled out her firearm and tells them to stop attacking her daughter while pointing the gun at them."

The fight quickly ended as customers were seen running away and police were called."...
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member

#6759 Awan

Migrated out of Illinois

• Members
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:47 PM

Today, I purchased 2 boxes of 500 rnd Thunderbolt .22 ammo at wallyworld in Indy.

Another active supporter of The Walmart Thread. <- click here to view.

An Indiana resident with a life-time carry permit!

Boomer Sooner

#6760 borgranta

• Members
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:26 PM

Walmart and guns!!!
full story at link
http://www.fox2detro...277272120-story
Back to school brawl leads to woman pulling gun at Novi Walmart
NOVI, Mich. (WJBK) - Shoppers at a Walmart in Novi, Mich. were in for some frightening moments as they witnessed a woman pull out a loaded gun Monday afternoon. Police say the gun was pulled out during a fight over school supplies.
"It was in the back to school section over a notebook," says Novi Police Det. Scott Baetens.
Novi officers say two Farmington Hills women, ages 32 and 46, were inside the Novi Towne Center Walmart, shopping for school supplies. Apparently, so was a 20-year-old South Lyon woman and her mother, 51.
"One girl was going to buy a notebook. There was one left, some pushing resulted," Baetens says. "They began to argue who was the rightful purchaser of that notebook."
Both duos of women were not backing down, as police and witnesses described the two women pulling the younger woman's hair. That mother got shoved out of the way as the three continued to fight. That mother then pulled out a gun.
"She's a valid CPL holder," Baetens says. "She pulled out her firearm and tells them to stop attacking her daughter while pointing the gun at them."
The fight quickly ended as customers were seen running away and police were called."...

2 women were attacking the daugther following the at the time that the mother pulled the gun. Sounds like disparity of force.
The following referral code will grant provide a new User of Uber a free ride up to $15
donaldd4557ui

#6761 InterestedBystander

• 3,091 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:29 PM

"It was a senseless act of violence all the way around," Baetens says.

Novi police say they need more witnesses to come forward as they work to get surveillance video from the Walmart to get a closer look at what happened. Police spoke with prosecutors, who hope to determine who the aggressors were and if the woman, in fact, pulled the gun in self defense. Those four women are all facing possible charges.

"A simple assault could be just a local ordinance, a 90-day misdemeanor," Baetens says. "All the way up to felonious assault with a firearm, which is a felony."

Police say the gun was loaded but no round was in the chamber. No one was hurt.

In the end, Baetens says he's unsure who got the notebook.
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member

#6762 GTX63

• Members
  • 4,233 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:57 AM

They probably could have gone to customer service and found notebooks in the return carts. I could open my own store off the merchandise that is returned.

#6763 Black Flag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:16 AM

That we can fight over school supplies is what makes America great.

Posted Image

#6764 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 12,831 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:22 AM

F'ing A

#6765 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 12,831 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:23 AM

USA! USA!

#6766 splash

• PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:29 AM

6767...Did I win?

Edit: Nope.lol

Edited by splash, 03 September 2017 - 11:30 AM.

NRA | ISRA Member

#6767 splash

• PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:29 AM

Lol this is 6767

NRA | ISRA Member

#6768 Talonap

• Members
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:57 PM

Lol this is 6767

YES! You win! A premature posting does not disqualify the, "Groovy Number", poster from winning. The important part is to beat everyone else ... :flowers: :D :yes: :cheer: Hey! 6768 is pretty good too! I win too! WALMART!

Edited by Talonap, 03 September 2017 - 03:58 PM.

#6769 GTX63

• Members
  • 4,233 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:16 AM

Participation prize of 100 complimentary grey plastic shopping bags to the next 100 posts. Not posters, but posts, meaning it is possible for some lucky bast**d to win up to 10,000 of these official walmart flags. Besides Walmart's quality groceries and food like items, these valuable prizes can also hold such goodies as used cat litter, compost for your garden and in a pinch for smothering your trespassing neighbor or no longer useful to society family members. 

These are the official and authentic licensed walmart bags authorized and produced by their China flagship facility-accept no substitute!

#6770 Flingarrows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:19 AM

Today, I purchased 2 boxes of 500 rnd Thunderbolt .22 ammo at wallyworld in Indy.

How was the price?

#6771 Plinkermostly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:53 AM

Happy Labor Day -- school supplies and excitement at Walmart!

Should have said the magic words: "Klaatu barada nikto"

#6772 Talonap

• Members
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:56 PM

GORT?

#6773 Kaeghl

• Members
  • 2,332 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:49 AM

There a a couple of good terms  to use 

"The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall"

If that doesn't work, try

"John has a long mustache, John has a long mustache." 

#6774 brianj - now in Kansas

Political refugee from the People's Republic of IL

• Members
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:59 AM

"Molasses tomorrow will bring for cognac."

"Your father's 1911..  Not as random or clumsy as a Glock.  A more elegant weapon for a more civilized age." -- Obi Wan Kenobi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users