Photo

POSTED! - NO CARRY Signs

• Please log in to reply
1854 replies to this topic

#1 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 16,885 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:06 AM

Together with Xwing and Pyre400, I am pleased to announce the Illinois Carry Posted! Project.

The Posted! mobile applications have, for many years, been providing users a means by which to locate on their mobile device businesses posted as no carry locations, and add to that list when encountering a location not previously included. With recent passage of the Illinois Firearm Concealed Carry Act it was felt that Illinois Carry should lead the way in establishing a data base specific to our state. Working in partnership with the Posted! developer, Workman Consulting (aka our very own Xwing), we are able to offer this capability not only through the traditional mobile apps but also via PC and Mac based alternatives.

Under this program mobile versions will continue to work as they always have. Users can download the Android (compatible with v 2.3.2 and higher) or iPhone version and, once installed, search for "no carry" locations by name, city, or zip code, or simply let the application query the GPS and list nearby locations. Entry of new locations includes those same fields along with a description of the business type and an option to prefill data based on GPS information.

New, Illinois Carry functionality includes the ability to query the data from a desktop or laptop, and to add data via those same platforms.

Illinois Carry Entry Form

Illinois Carry Display Form

The Illinois Carry display form includes, at top center, the ability to sort the data by Name, City, or Type of business along with the option to search by business name. Sorting by city will automatically include a secondary sort to alphabetize the list by name within city. A Validate button allows users to confirm an establishment's anti-gun stance. In the future, we hope to better integrate these forms into the Illinois Carry site, including automatically capturing a member's name when they are logged in.

In addition to the work outlined above, GAS3987 and Patriots & Tyrants have begun their own lists on Facebook and will be contributing their data as it is developed. As the amount of data grows, they will also be involved in the validation processes already in place to prevent fictitious data from corrupting our list.

Please start using these applications now when you encounter locations posting against concealed carry. Despite my current inability to upload sample images due to system maintenance, all versions are fully functional and await your input.

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. (Ephesians 4:31)

On 5/25/2017, Superintendent Eddie Johnson predicted a 50% reduction is Chicago violence within 3 years of SB1722 becoming law.  The bill was signed into law on 6/23/2017. The clock is now ticking.

#2 Talonap

• Members
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:20 AM

Groovy! Thank you all for your hard work!

Edited by Talonap, 18 August 2013 - 10:21 AM.

#3 Double-J

• Members
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:23 AM

You guys Rock! You have provided extremely valuable information and maybe even preventing the possibility of someone being convicted of an unknown crime because they did not see a No-Carry Sign or it was obscured.

Well done and I will keep an eye out in my town and report updates!

#4 chicago

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:48 AM

Wow, this is actually very useful info. Great job
Dictated by the 1% from the east of 355 and the north of 80

#5 TJSum1

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:53 AM

Just downloaded the app. Nicely done. I appreciate your efforts and hard work. Thanks.

#6 defaultdotxbe

• Members
  • 5,156 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:20 AM

In the future will the entry and display forms be moved a new domain? it would be nice to have something memorable to put on the "no guns no money" cards (http://rightapp.net/...layIllinois.php just doesnt fit well) and the business owner can check and see how many times his business has been "validated"

"The cheek of every American must tingle with shame as he reads the silly,
flat, and dishwatery utterances of the man who has to be pointed out to
intelligent foreigners as the President of the United States."
-Chicago Times review of Lincoln's Gettysburg Address.

#7 TyGuy

• Members
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:21 AM

Link says "not available in the US"?
ILSP Approved CCW Instructor
NRA Endowment Member
ISRA Member
GOA Member

Buy my stuff!

My favorite post ----- Walmart Thread ----- Ammo Alert Thread ---- Daily Deals Thread

#8 mauserme

• Admin
  • 16,885 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:23 AM

In the future will the entry and display forms be moved a new domain? it would be nice to have something memorable to put on the "no guns no money" cards (http://rightapp.net/...layIllinois.php just doesnt fit well) and the business owner can check and see how many times his business has been "validated"

Our intention is to eventually host this ourselves. With server migration currently underway and another project or two in the works, that will take a little more time. Xwing is generously providing hosting services in the interim.

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. (Ephesians 4:31)

On 5/25/2017, Superintendent Eddie Johnson predicted a 50% reduction is Chicago violence within 3 years of SB1722 becoming law.  The bill was signed into law on 6/23/2017. The clock is now ticking.

#9 mauserme

• Admin
  • 16,885 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:24 AM

Which link are you having trouble with?

#10 Tvandermyde

• Members
  • 6,657 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:26 AM

Mouser can you give me a call
While a 9 mm or .40 caliber bullet may or may not expand, it is an undeniable fact that a .45 caliber bullet will never shrink.

#11 defaultdotxbe

• Members
  • 5,156 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:36 AM

Our intention is to eventually host this ourselves. With server migration currently underway and another project or two in the works, that will take a little more time. Xwing is generously providing hosting services in the interim.

cool. I have some hosting space too, I would love to help out with a mirror or something if thats possible in the future

"The cheek of every American must tingle with shame as he reads the silly,
flat, and dishwatery utterances of the man who has to be pointed out to
intelligent foreigners as the President of the United States."
-Chicago Times review of Lincoln's Gettysburg Address.

#12 mauserme

• Admin
  • 16,885 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:39 AM

Mouser can you give me a call

I don't have your number so I sent you an email with mine.

#13 Chief Illiniwek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

That'll be handy to have. Thanks for the hard work!

Liberals:  If the shoe doesn't fit, make everyone wear it.  -  Ann Coulter

IllinoisCarry Supporting Member

NRA Life Member

ISRA Member

#14 Frank

"Frank can Glock"

• 2,357 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:04 PM

Awesome! Thanks for all your hard work!

-- Frank

NRA Life Member - NRA Basic Pistol Instructor - NRA PPIH Instructor - NRA PPOH Instructor - USPSA Range Officer - IL Firearms Concealed Carry Instructor - ITWT Club Member #438

"The Supreme Court has decided that the amendment confers a right to bear arms for self-defense, which is as important outside the home as inside." -Moore v. Madigan, 7th Circuit Court of Appeals, December 11, 2012

#15 Xwing

• Members
  • 8,469 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

Hmm. Which link are you having difficulty with? And what device are you hitting it from? It isn't necessary, but you could preface it with "www" (e.g. http://www.rightapp....wLocationIl.php) Let me know if that fixes your issue. Thanks!

NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
CCW Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Gun Range Tools & Logs: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#16 Tvandermyde

• Members
  • 6,657 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:13 PM

No email yet

Edited by Tvandermyde, 18 August 2013 - 09:29 PM.

While a 9 mm or .40 caliber bullet may or may not expand, it is an undeniable fact that a .45 caliber bullet will never shrink.

#17 LYU370

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:30 PM

Windows Phone version?

#18 TyGuy

• Members
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:33 PM

The link in the OP for the iOS app. I'm on an iPad.
NRA Endowment Member
ISRA Member
GOA Member

Buy my stuff!

My favorite post ----- Walmart Thread ----- Ammo Alert Thread ---- Daily Deals Thread

#19 mauserme

• Admin
  • 16,885 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:48 PM

Does this work better?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/posted!-carry-list-anti-gun/id530004581.%C2%A0%C2%A0

#20 TyGuy

• Members
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

Nope, still not available in the US.
NRA Endowment Member
ISRA Member
GOA Member

Buy my stuff!

#21 Bhawk99

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:05 PM

Thanks Mauserme

#22 lockman

• 7,500 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

same here

"We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1776

Life Member NRA, ISRA,  CCRKBA, GOA, & SAF

#23 lockman

• 7,500 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

Windows Phone version?

yes

"We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1776

Life Member NRA, ISRA,  CCRKBA, GOA, & SAF

#24 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 12,418 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:11 PM

Funny I got that too on my iPhone???

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#25 Xwing

• Members
  • 8,469 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:13 PM

Looks like Apple may have changed their iTunes querystring variables: Try https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/posted!-carry-list-anti-gun/id530004581 for iPhone / iPad version. Or directly from the iPad / iPhone, try itms://itunes.apple.com/app/posted!-carry-list-anti-gun/id530004581 If that doesn't work, you can just go to "App Store" and search for "Posted gun"

Edited by Xwing, 18 August 2013 - 01:27 PM.

NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
CCW Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Gun Range Tools & Logs: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#26 mauserme

• Admin
  • 16,885 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:30 PM

Thanks Mauserme

The thanks really should go to the other people involved in the project, especially Xwing and Pyre400. All I did was bring some very talented people together.

Looks like Apple may have changed their iTunes querystring variables: Try https://itunes.apple...gun/id530004581 for iPhone / iPad version. Or directly from the iPad / iPhone, try itms://itunes.apple.com/app/posted!-carry-list-anti-gun/id530004581 If that doesn't work, you can just go to "App Store" and search for "Posted gun"

Whatever ends up working, please post the url so I can change the opening post. The link I used is working well on a PC - I have nothing Apple to test it with.

#27 GlockShooter

• Members
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:41 PM

Fyi guys.
Im using a Samsung Galaxy S, and Google store says this version is not compatible with my device.
Let me know if you need any version info.

Sent from a satellite in low orbit

Gun control is not about guns, it's about control. Once they have all the guns, they'll also have complete control.
abolt243

#28 mauserme

• Admin
  • 16,885 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:50 PM

Now you know why these things always take longer than expected.

Patience...

#29 Toche

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

For what it's worth, I could not get the links to work either ( using iPhone 4s). But I found it easily in App Store by searching "Posted!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

#30 GlockShooter

• Members
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

No worries here. Just letting you know. :)

Sent from a satellite in low orbit

Gun control is not about guns, it's about control. Once they have all the guns, they'll also have complete control.
abolt243

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users