• 807 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:52 PM

http://campaign.r20....90-4e840526e5cb

What:  Town Hall Meeting

Who: Rep. Kathleen Willis, Sen. Don Harmon

Date:  Tuesday, 21 November 2017

Time:  6:30 PM. (Be there by 5:45 to get a seat

Where:  Bensenville Village Hall, 12 South Center Street, Bensenville, IL

Edited by Sweeper13, 15 November 2017 - 08:53 PM.

#2 C0untZer0

Contributing Member in Arrears

• Members
  • 12,311 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:40 AM

i can tell you that Willis is not the brains in that operation.

Mayor Bloomberg himself has recently turned his attention from oversize soft drinks to gun control, confirming the tendency of the Progressive to go from nanny to tyrant.
- N. A. Halkides -

#3 TRJ

Joyful Stoic

• Supporting Members Team
  • 6,888 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:45 AM

It's too bad they aren't going to Seven Dwarfs in Wheaton again. I wonder if they realized how many carry permits were in use in that room. Yet nobody yelled, screamed, or knocked over a chair. We certainly objected loudly when they floated nonsense, but it was a civilized if futile discussion.
I'll bet she just emailed the talking points to us yesterday.

#4 cybermgk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:24 AM

OOC

When folks here go to these town hall meetings, is it to provide truth and anti propaganda to those in the audience? 

ISRA Member

NRA Member

U.S.A.F Veteran

Single Father of 2

#5 TRJ

Joyful Stoic

• 6,888 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:33 AM

Maybe there's a better answer, but I go to fill a butt in a chair and prevent some fence sitter from hearing lies.

#6 OldMarineVet

• 2,080 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:50 AM

OOC

When folks here go to these town hall meetings, is it to provide truth and anti propaganda to those in the audience? 

Yes. But even if you say nothing, wear something that shows you are on the pro-gun side. NRA shirt with Air Force cap?

Edited by OldMarineVet, 16 November 2017 - 08:51 AM.

#7 TomKoz

• Members
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:45 AM

Keep NRA hats in jacket until just before meeting start. THEN all pro gun folks whip them out, put them on, and watch the antis faces as they realize most in the audience are against their BS !
Stay Alert ... Stay Alive !!

#8 cybermgk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:16 PM

OOC

Yes. But even if you say nothing, wear something that shows you are on the pro-gun side. NRA shirt with Air Force cap?

Or my shirt that says Embrace Diversity and has a picture of carbines, revolvers, semi pistols, bolt action, ARs AKs, etc.

ISRA Member

NRA Member

U.S.A.F Veteran

Single Father of 2

#9 ming

• Members
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:20 PM

OOC

Or my shirt that says Embrace Diversity and has a picture of carbines, revolvers, semi pistols, bolt action, ARs AKs, etc.

LOL, I love it!

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Pistol and PPITH Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
ISRA Member
Registered Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor

#10 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• 2,908 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:37 PM

OOC

I can make you a T-shirt with this on it:

https://i.imgur.com/5iea9yws.jpg

5iea9yw.jpg

Edited by ChicagoRonin70, 16 November 2017 - 12:39 PM.

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

Gb1XExdm.jpg

#11 Kaeghl

• Members
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:08 PM

I can make you a T-shirt with this on it:

https://i.imgur.com/5iea9yws.jpg

5iea9yw.jpg

This, and a pink button that says "I admit it.....I'm an out and proud ammosexual"

#12 OldMarineVet

• 2,080 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:33 PM

OOC

Beautiful

#13 F12Mahon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:44 PM

OOC

Found one here. Might have to order me one.

https://www.ebay.com...=item92e423af2d

https://i.ebayimg.co...KI5/s-l1600.jpg

Eugene

#14 markthesignguy

S39-(D)D.Harmon(F-) R77-(D)K.Willis(F-)

• 2,410 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:53 AM

Been to these before, exact same venue and exact same participants. Never seemed to be a lot of anti's in the audience.

You could sense the audience's impatience ("not again") when the 2nd amendment issues were brought up. They really didn't want to hear it.  Either side of the issue.

Harmon is the brains of the operation, with Willis chiming in ("meeee tooooo") once in a while so she is seen and heard.

Chances are it will be far more about the progressive income tax that they want, to "solve" the state's money crisis.

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign......

#15 OldMarineVet

• 2,080 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:01 AM

deleted

Edited by OldMarineVet, 17 November 2017 - 11:02 AM.

#16 soylentgreen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:44 PM

I just looked up Willis' District 77 Facebook page and it's private. In other words, you have to be approved as a friend before you can read it. I can't say I've ever seen another politician do that.

Apparently she feels the need to be isolated from the opinions of constituents she disagrees with. I wonder if that's even legal.

#17 markthesignguy

• 2,410 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:17 PM

I just looked up Willis' District 77 Facebook page and it's private. In other words, you have to be approved as a friend before you can read it. I can't say I've ever seen another politician do that.

Apparently she feels the need to be isolated from the opinions of constituents she disagrees with. I wonder if that's even legal.

I'd say she was feeling the love she earned. You reap what you sow.

Edited by markthesignguy, 18 November 2017 - 02:25 PM.

#18 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 17,374 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:29 PM

We can't have that.

See if this link works.

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. (Ephesians 4:31)

On 5/25/2017, Superintendent Eddie Johnson predicted a 50% reduction is Chicago violence within 3 years of SB1722 becoming law.  The bill was signed into law on 6/23/2017. The clock is now ticking.

#19 DonP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:54 PM

We can't have that.

See if this link works.

Thanks for the link.  I'm sure the page will be scrubbed, but at least we can make a factual point or two before they close it down.

#20 Kaeghl

• Members
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 07:55 PM

Just took a look at the page...still there with a group photo with the Skanks demand action bunch in their red t-shirts.....

Gee, no pro-rights people wanted to have their photos taken with the good Rep? Or did that photo get lost somehow? Or not suggested?

Edited by Kaeghl, 22 November 2017 - 07:55 PM.

#21 markthesignguy

• 2,410 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 02:16 AM

I found it quite presumptuous where two of the moms were sitting in front of me, at "official" seats, behind the "rail" on the side.

And when they took the picture that shows Todd, I'm slightly further over to the left.

#22 Sweeper13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:03 AM

How did it go? Did they rail on the gun owners? Did they chat on how we need to appeal our taxes, since they wont do anything about it. Thanks

Edited by Sweeper13, 23 November 2017 - 04:04 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users