2017 Special & Regular Legislative Session 6/21/2017 - 7/6/2017

mauserme

Todays email from my Senator:

Another day wasted, another $40K down the drain, and another reason as to why nothing gets accomplished here in Springfield.

Yesterday, I told you that the Senate spent 9 minutes and 42 seconds in Special Session. Today, we were in a measly 2 minutes longer, and that's only because two senators took a moment to introduce their interns.

Again, where is the seriousness? Legislators were called back to the Capitol to work on a budget, yet nothing budget related has been heard on the Senate Floor since we returned.

Every day we are in Special Session, it costs you $40 thousand. That's $40k for only a few minutes of work. Talk about a waste of taxpayer dollars.

I'm here in Springfield ready to take budget action. I hope my colleagues start feeling the same way.

If you have comments for me, simply hit reply to this email.

And if you want to know more about what is happening down here in Springfield during Special Session, be sure to watch my Facebook Live event on Monday. Details for the event are below.

Faithfully yours,

Dan McConchie

State Senator for the 26th District

They definitely said they were done until Friday at noon.

Interesting they actually decided to do something...

I think they meant the special or regular session would be tomorrow at noon.

The Committee of the Whole just arose and the House is back in regular session.

I got you, was special session adjourned.

I guess I thought regular session was done and all of these sessions would be special.

Special & Regular Sessions 6/23/2017

The House met briefly in Special Session yesterday, 6/22/2017, followed by an extended Committee of the Whole subject matter hearing regarding Worker's Compensation reform. The Senate was content with a short Special Session.

The House and Senate are once again scheduled for 12:00 Noon today, 6/23/2017.

The House Committee of the Whole has subject matter scheduled on a property tax freeze.

Our bill list remains the same.

Next Days Scheduled

House: 6/24/2017
Senate: 6/24/2017

House Calendar

House First Special Session Calendar

House Second Special Session Calendar

House Third Special Session Calendar

Senate First Special Session Calendar

Senate Second Special Session Calendar

Senate Third Special Session Calendar

roadblocked

So they met today and nothing on the budget and they will meet again on the 24th. According to my time frame on my computer today is the 22nd so they will meet Sat the 24th?? Today is the 22nd. Is my computer wrong with the day of the week? They will bypass the budget anyway from what I have seen so far.

Is there anyway in the State of Illinois for the average Joe to propose a new law and get it voted on by the people and not have to go through our ruling body to get permission by the overlords?

In reality, no.

We tried to get a redistricting referendum on the ballot twice but it was stopped in court by a Madigan lawyer.

Madigan is the one who crafted the rules on binding referendums.

Madigan is the dictator of Illinois.

Archived