States Where Illinois Carry Licensees May Carry

Molly B.

My buddy who died last year had a Utah Concealed Carry permit from 40 years ago that Illinois recognized 40 years before they got the law to carry and my friend carried in Illinois for 40 years. He got the Utah permit through the mail.
Before the FCCA (July 2013), concealed carry has been banned in Illinois since the 40s.

If your friend was carrying in Illinois on a Utah permit, he was doing so illegally.

My buddy who died last year had a Utah Concealed Carry permit from 40 years ago that Illinois recognized 40 years before they got the law to carry and my friend carried in Illinois for 40 years. He got the Utah permit through the mail.

Before the FCCA (July 2013), concealed carry has been banned in Illinois since the 40s.

If your friend was carrying in Illinois on a Utah permit, he was doing so illegally.

And your point is? My friend is dead. Molly B. went to the funeral. Him and Otis were good friends.

You are wrong!

Edited by Giant Teddybear

And your point is? My friend is dead. Molly B. went to the funeral. Him and Otis were good friends.

You are wrong!

Doesn't really matter who his friends were. The only way I know of that he could've carried in IL is if he were former/retired LEO, in which case the Utah permit wouldn't matter.

Unless you can cite the IL law that allowed him to carry on a Utah permit, I stand by my previous statement.

You are wrong!

Doesn't really matter who his friends were. The only way I know of that he could've carried in IL is if he were former/retired LEO, in which case the Utah permit wouldn't matter.

Unless you can cite the IL law that allowed him to carry on a Utah permit, I stand by my previous statement.

There is so much folklore and mythology about all things firearms that it's mind boggling.

I've met many who believed that out-of-state carry permits allowed them to carry anywhere, just as drivers licenses are recognized everywhere.

• 8 months later...

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/guns-welcome-soon-new-puerto-rico-gun-law-takes-effect-january-1/

"Effective January 1st, Puerto Rico’s historically restrictive gun laws will change dramatically. The island will soon become a gun-friendly paradise with the signing of Act 168 by Governor Wanda Vázquez Garced."

"The new law sets a minimum age of 21 but it enacts a shall-issue licensing system that serves as both a carry license and an ownership license."

"For visitors to the territory (that’s you and me), Puerto Rico will now recognize any state’s carry license. With a valid carry license, you can carry one loaded firearm. Additional firearms must be unloaded."

• 3 weeks later...

Im thinking after watching tons of videos from there, that only having 1 loaded gun you still put you at a disadvantage.

Maybe this will drum up some tourist traffic for them!

OOPS.......

Just got the news, 2 additional quakes last night and this morning early.

6.4 mag

Grab those carry on bags and bring your gun, just wow.

Edited by Bubbacs

How many loaded guns can you carry in ILL with CCL?

Seven thousand, three hundred, twenty-six.

No, it's true, you actually can carry that many loaded handguns in Illinois with your CCL, if you had the capability.

Where's my portable hole? Bag of holding?

193500_200w.jpg nQmz13BLgF1u1gt4pJ7_AbDnh3n0J9gpp63IXesD

Edited by ChicagoRonin70

• 1 year later...

I received my Illinois license last month. Yesterday I was getting fingerprints at the local police station for an out of state Florida license. The officer doing my prints asked me why I didn't just pay the extra fee to include Florida on my Illinois license????? I told him I never knew about this and he said he was pretty sure I could have. Anybody hear of this????

I received my Illinois license last month. Yesterday I was getting fingerprints at the local police station for an out of state Florida license. The officer doing my prints asked me why I didn't just pay the extra fee to include Florida on my Illinois license????? I told him I never knew about this and he said he was pretty sure I could have. Anybody hear of this????

Um, no.

If it was today I’d say it was an April fools joke.

• 2 weeks later...

Update, to Molly’s original post.

Wyoming, full non-resident constitutional carry will become effective 7-1-2021

Montana is now full constitutional carry.

Maine, It is very easy to get a Non-resident Maine LTC to carry in state parks and Acadia National Park.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/guns-welcome-soon-new-puerto-rico-gun-law-takes-effect-january-1/

"Effective January 1st, Puerto Rico’s historically restrictive gun laws will change dramatically. The island will soon become a gun-friendly paradise with the signing of Act 168 by Governor Wanda Vázquez Garced."

"The new law sets a minimum age of 21 but it enacts a shall-issue licensing system that serves as both a carry license and an ownership license."

"For visitors to the territory (that’s you and me), Puerto Rico will now recognize any state’s carry license. With a valid carry license, you can carry one loaded firearm. Additional firearms must be unloaded."

Unless your entering PR by boat, you will have to declare your firearms when you enter PR at the air port. You can fill out the form before your flight to PR.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/12/2022 at 9:30 PM, StuckInIllinois said:

Possibly heading up to Wisconsin on Thursday for a day trip with my soon to be college student daughter. Never carried outside of this state. Anything I need to know or watch out for? I will be carrying a 43X, oem mags. Most likely Lake Geneva area. 

Wisconsin recognized Illinois CCL. The best overall source is handgunlaw.us .

State Name (handgunlaw.us) 

You can enter a business where alcohol is served, but cannot consume. 

cx) A licensee, as defined in s. 175.60 (1) (d), or an out-of-state licensee, as defined in s. 175.60 (1) (g), if the licensee or out-of-state licensee is not consuming alcohol on the premises.

Wisconsin Legislature: 941.237

Edited by Quiet Observer

• Molly B. changed the title to States Where Illinois Carry Licensees May Carry
On 2/3/2014 at 4:35 PM, Molly B. said:

Wild guess - 24.

Back almost 10 years ago I was asked how many states would recognize our IL carry license or states we would be legal to carry in.  I guessed 24 states. Here we are almost 10 years later and look how far we have come!!  34 states plus Puerto Rico and with the way things are going for us in the courts, I think it will only get better.