CFP, registration forms, etc. are GONE from the CPD website

McCroskey

I haven't registered anything in a while so it could be I'm missing something. But I did a Google search for Chicago firearms registration like I always do just now. I wanted to fill out the forms to have them deregister my long guns because I'm moving them all to my locker at Article II. But the entire CFP and registration page is gone and nothing comes up but error pages.

So, is the CFP officially dead? Is gun registration in Chicago dead?

I haven't seen the details of their new ordinance, but it sounds like they made the "assault weapon" definition a lot wider. Are any other Chicago folks worried about McCarthy sending goons out to knock on doors after 60 days is up? My longs will be in Lombard by then, but it seems like I should have some way to tell them the guns are not here anymore so they don't show up wanting to ransack my house looking for "contraband".

Not likely but almost a certainty they will be paying Wilson's legal fees.

Hopefully Rahm is sufficiently humiliated to shut up about guns for 10 minutes. But knowing how he loves to nurse a grudge, he'll probably just raise taxes somehow and pass more meaningless laws that will be challenged and struck down.

After Wilson Cook,

Will Chicago be responsible to compensate long gun owners

who were forced to pay for storage in a legal area

or forced to sell their firearms to comply

with the illegal ban?

LOL. they won't have any money left after paying out legal fees for Wilson (and hopefully Ezell). And they just paid out $10M to one of the Burge torture plaintiffs. They never budget enough in their tort line item.

After Wilson Cook,

with the illegal ban?

LOL. they won't have any money left after paying out legal fees for Wilson (and hopefully Ezell). And they just paid out $10M to one of the Burge torture plaintiffs. They never budget enough in their tort line item.

Im just trying to figure out how

much they are gonna raise my property tax this year...

I wonder what tort has cost this city over the past 10 years? The Burge stuff and McDonald were big stories, but think of all the other stuff they are probably sued for, lose and have to pay up.

After Wilson Cook,

with the illegal ban?

This year isn't the problem. Next year is now that Moody's just downgraded the bond rating three notches last week. I'm packing up and moving out within the next 12 months.

The sad and frustrating part of the won cases and huge settlements to the wronged gun owners IS that the money is coming out of MY very limited budget. Tax increases, fee increases, parking cost increases and every other kind of increases all combine to continue the lowering standard of living and dimishing quality of life here in my hometown of 64 years.

And YES of course I vote and of course I do NOT vote for the idiots wo seem to win every election. BUt when it comes to things like Mayors and alderwonks, try to find a Republican candidate anywhere near me on the S/W side.

The sad and frustrating part of the won cases and huge settlements to the wronged gun owners IS that the money is coming out of MY very limited budget. Tax increases, fee increases, parking cost increases and every other kind of increases all combine to continue the lowering standard of living and dimishing quality of life here in my hometown of 64 years.

And YES of course I vote and of course I do NOT vote for the idiots wo seem to win every election. BUt when it comes to things like Mayors and alderwonks, try to find a Republican candidate anywhere near me on the S/W side.

I hear your pain. Because my job forces me to live in chicagk for the next 13 years 3 months, I've been voting with my wallet for the last 5 or so years. I live close enough to the boarder that I will drive into the suburbs tonget a burger or a newspaper......

After Wilson Cook,

with the illegal ban?

The city property tax rate rose 17% this year, the highest increase ever. The local .Gov is in desperate need.

And YES of course I vote and of course I do NOT vote for the idiots who seem to win every election. But when it comes to things like Mayors and alderwonks, try to find an electable Republican candidate anywhere near me on the S/W side in the city.

The City (and Cook County) always have tort actions pending, sometimes high profile like Burge, and Berrios. Often they are lower key, like the woman in her 50's who was the fund raiser for Chicago Public Library who was fired because they "wanted someone younger." Cha-ching! There have been many cases of private vehicles hit by city equipment, with the drivers admitting that the snowplow or whatever caused the damage, only for the City to deny the claim for damages, or to offer a settlement so far below the cost of repairs that it is insulting. There is a pattern among the bureaucratic and political class of doing whatever they want, and then sticking the taxpayer with the bill. Berrios has cost the county $500k for nepotism. Richie Daley cost the City a $40k fine when he tore up the runways at Meigs Field without following the proper FAA notification procedures. And Ezell. Don't get me started on Ezell. What it adds up to is an atmosphere of bullying by government officials, a petty tyranny where the mayor and the aldermen thumb their noses and say "make me." Well, McDonald v Chicago made them. Moore v. Madigan made them. Wilson v Cook County may be next. Alderman Burke is setting up another on with his proposal to deny liquor licenses to establishments allowing concealed carry.

Archived