Renewal people, log your processing times here

HeavyDuty

Expires 6-1-19

Reapplied 3-9-19 (no prints either time)

Still "under review "

Question, can I still legally carry with my renewal receipt?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

If you applied for renewal prior to card expiration then your CCL is still valid. Others are carrying a copy of the law and a screen print of their renewal.

Mine went active today. It took 101 days, with prints to reach this point. My first license took 33 days to reach my mailbox.

Submitted 2-16-19.

As it turns out, it almost came on my expiration date which is early next month. Good thing I applied as soon as I could.

Not sure how long it will take to get to my mailbox. I expect that to take until early next week. Our mail delivery is pretty shaky at times.

I received the license in today's mail. It was postmarked 5-29-19. My previous license was set to expire on 6-5-19, so it was good I applied as soon as I was able.

So it took 104 days, with prints, to receive the license. Not exactly ideal, but at least it finally came through.

By way of comparison, I renewed my UT license online today. It took about 15 minutes, and it cost $25.75. They said it should take 2 to 4 weeks.

Big difference.

I renewed my Arizona CWP in February via US mail. TOTAL time from when I dropped the renewal in the mail to receiving a new card in my mailbox was 10 days.

Mr. B's renewal took 106 days with prints, so it looks like they aren't meeting the 90 day time frame.

Similar stories seem to be in abundance. Renewals are taking longer than new applications, yet renewals do not have a 30 day LE objection period hold. Does this make sense? (other than the I dont have enough people cry!)

Today is the 120th day since I've applied for renewal.

No prints.

I've heard absolutely nothing from the state.

Website still shows "Under Review" as of 12:28pm today.

Grrr. It is taking longer to get renewals than it did original applications...and those had a 30 day waiting period for LE.

Very true!!

For those of you that seem to be waiting longer for your CCL renewals, there's one thing to consider... When does your FOID card expire?

I sent in my CCL Renewal (with prints) on 2/27/19 and it expired 2/28/19. My FOID expires 7/1/2019 and I just sent that renewal in last week. I saw previous posts that some people got an updated FOID card to match their CCL and I figured that would probably happen in my case too, but I'm sitting at Under Review/Submitted screens for both. I didn't get any letters stating they wouldn't renew my CCL unless I renewed my FOID at the same time, but maybe that's wishful thinking. They have changed my application numbers to match each other recently so they at least looked at me. I know FOID renewals have a 60 day wait so if the state really drags it out, I won't see both renewed until the last week of July and have them the first week of August. If both of your renewal dates are within 6 months of each other, it might be better for you to bite the bullet and renew early so it doesn't get hung up like mine. At least I'll get to carry for free a bit longer.

Renewal submitted 1/5/19 No prints

Expire 4/14/19 Still under review

FOID renewal became available 5/1/19 and I submitted. Still under review.

Expires 8/1/19

After approximately 100 attempts finally got an answer from ISP. Said my FOID renewal reset the clock on my CCL renewal.

Received my Arizona and Utah renewals with 2 weeks.

If I'm looking at this correctly, all this talk of fingerprints doesn't apply for mere FOID renewals, but only FCCL renewals, correct?

If I'm looking at this correctly, all this talk of fingerprints doesn't apply for mere FOID renewals, but only FCCL renewals, correct?

Yes. Current prints are optional when applying for CCL. If submitted on original app they are not needed for renewal. If not submitted they can be added. FOID fingerprints were part of Willis SB1966 which is being held in Senate committee.

Archived