ISRA Statement On SB 2314 and Sen. Nybo

Lou

There is an email going around that says Senator Chris Nybo is a sponsor of SB2314, the bill to allow local bans on semi-automatic firearms. Senator Nybo made a mistake when seeking to sponsor another bill and was added to SB2314 for the briefest period of time. Upon realizing the mistake, he promptly took his name off of the bill.

In the hustle and bustle that is the Capitol, numbers get transposed or jotted down wrong. We take Senator Nybo at his word that this was an honest mistake and he had no intention of sponsoring or supporting a bill to allow local gun bans.

We look forward to continue working with Senator Nybo to find solutions that will address the criminal misuse of firearms.

Richard Pearson

ISRA Executive Director

FYI his name was remeoved the same day it was added.

He still does not have a voting record I would expect from an actual Republican.

What would be awesome is if Nybo's bill to reinstate the 1000 ft. prohibition on public parks passes.

Then he is sued and loses his immunity as a politician because he knowingly presented a bill that was already found to be facially unconstitutional by our states supreme court.

Found guilty has to do time with Blago.

How many guns does Nybo own?

Illinois citizen asking here.

Why is any Rebublican voting for gun control?

I have the same problem with David Olson, a good guy mostly, who is also voting for more gun control. I gave money to Olsens campaign and had a sign for him in my front yard. No more money unless I see a change. Durkin should retire asap.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

How many guns does Nybo own? Illinois citizen asking here. Why is any Rebublican voting for gun control? ...

Politicians are special, you know. Donne Trotter is an ardent gun controller who owned (and probably still owns) a 25 caliber Beretta. If you're looking for logic, you can stop when you find an attitude of privilege, because there's not going to be anything beyond that.

How many guns does Nybo own? Illinois citizen asking here. Why is any Rebublican voting for gun control? I have the same problem with David Olson, a good guy mostly, who is also voting for more gun control. I gave money to Olsens campaign and had a sign for him in my front yard. No more money unless I see a change. Durkin should retire asap. Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I would encourage you to go to his home office and tell him this in person.

Didn't Harmon mention Nybo was helping him with some anti bills?

Yes, in his press release yesterday about reintroducing gun dealer licensing under a new bill. Nybo has his name on some other anti bills as well as out marching with MDA.

Who is the dem running against him?

Does it matter? It is time for him to be put out on the street. If he wants to be a rino then put him out and get a true Democrat in. He certainly isn't helping us so show him the door.

Archived