. . . vowed never to have a gun in the same home as his kid . . . asked the shop's owner what he needed to do to buy a 9-millimeter pistol."

ChicagoRonin70

From the "You don't say" file:

At the only gun shop in Thousand Oaks, fearful residents decide it's time to buy a gun.

Rowan described a discreet, and distinctly Californian, clientele. They pull up to his range in Priuses and Teslas and never tell their friends they own a gun.

"I get a lot of closet liberals, people who normally would never want anything to do with a firearm, and I train them and they secretly own firearms,” Rowan said.

. . . and . . .

His neighbor Molly was less equivocal. She openly questioned her boyfriend’s manhood if he continued to hesitate to buy a gun. She was ready to buy one herself.

“Thirteen people would have not died” if people who were trained with firearms were armed on Wednesday night, she said.

. . . from the mouth of babes:

He chimed in with his opinion on gun control. “No matter how hard they make it to get a gun, they’re going to get one,” Ethan said. “I’m a kid and I don’t know anything but I know that.”

So, Illinoisans are about 20 years behind the California curve...we are in for a rough ride, my friends. Illinois is a complete cesspool. It's bankrupt and anti-freedom. It will turn around...but I wonder if I will live long enough to see it...

Agreed! Although I would like to move out of the state it is not in my future. My son, grandson, stepchildren, step-grandchildren, aging parents, 2 brothers and one sister are all here and within traveling distances of less than 2 hours. I am retiring early next year and would like nothing better than to go to a warm weather state year round where you don't have to always look over your shoulder and wonder whether more rights are being taken away by the anti-freedom elitists. Let's hope the dumocrats elected recently totally muck it up and they get the heave-ho in 4 years. Until then I am in the fight and with more time available...............

So, in other words, the only people on the right who are staying are those who are stuck here for one reason or another. Expect that we will become a smaller and smaller minority in the state in coming years. It's going to take a catastrophic event that inspires anger in the people for the left to change...similar to the impeachment of Blago.

So, in other words, the only people on the right who are staying are those who are stuck here for one reason or another. Expect that we will become a smaller and smaller minority in the state in coming years. It's going to take a catastrophic event that inspires anger in the people for the left to change...similar to the impeachment of Blago.

The Curley Effect, statewide. This is as designed.

You basically have described the situation correctly, concerning who is staying and who is moving. But I don't ever see ANY event bringing the left around to our way of thinking. That would require them gaining some kind of common sense. Which that, in itself, would require a MIRACLE!

They just elected Pritzer, whose actions flew in the face of leftist progressives.

He hired NON union workers to renovate his mansion. Wouldn't you think that would have inspired some anger in the left?!

Didn't phase the Democrat voters.

There were calls of discrimination in his campaign staffing. Shouldn't that have inspired some anger in the left?!

He hired NON union workers to renovate his mansion. Wouldn't you think that would have inspired some anger in the left?!

Didn't phase the Democrat voters.Anger

There were calls of discrimination in his campaign staffing. Shouldn't that have inspired some anger in the left?!

Anger? The dead don't get angry, they just go vote Democrat every election.

The only problem is...once you run out of money to pay for the goodies you want to hand out to the constituency, the game is up. That will happen once the state can no longer borrow. Based on articles I'm seeing, that will happen soon. Current bond holders are getting nervous that they may never see their money. No doubt potential investors are having second thoughts.

BTW, when the state's finances collapse, the Democrats will blame Rauner.

The only problem is...once you run out of money to pay for the goodies you want to hand out to the constituency, the game is up. That will happen once the state can no longer borrow. Based on articles I'm seeing, that will happen soon. Current bond holders are getting nervous that they may never see their money. No doubt potential investors are having second thoughts.

BTW, when the state's finances collapse, the Democrats will blame Rauner.

They already do.

Sounds a lot like the folks the day of the South Central riots... or Oakland Quake... and who had sudden epiphanies that those "common sense" 15 day waiting periods and required training before purchase they supported as non gun owners applied to them in times of crisis when they decided to become gun owners.

Archived