5 weeks out, Daily Herald and AP declare Illinois winners?

mikew

https://www.dailyherald.com/article/20200928/news/309289901/

President

Joe Biden, Dem

U.S. Senate

Richard Durbin (i), Dem

U.S. House - District 1

Bobby Rush (i), Dem

U.S. House - District 2

Robin Kelly (i), Dem

U.S. House - District 3

Marie Newman, Dem

U.S. House - District 4

Chuy Garcia (i), Dem

U.S. House - District 5

Mike Quigley (i), Dem

U.S. House - District 6

Sean Casten (i), Dem

U.S. House - District 7

Danny Davis (i), Dem

U.S. House - District 8

Raja Krishnamoorthi (i), Dem

U.S. House - District 9

Janice Schakowsky (i), Dem

U.S. House - District 10

Brad Schneider (i), Dem

U.S. House - District 11

Bill Foster (i), Dem

U.S. House - District 12

Mike Bost (i), GOP

U.S. House - District 13

Rodney Davis (i), GOP

U.S. House - District 14

Lauren Underwood (i), Dem

U.S. House - District 15

Mary Miller, GOP

U.S. House - District 16

Adam Kinzinger (i), GOP

U.S. House - District 17

Cheri Bustos (i), Dem

U.S. House - District 18

Darin LaHood (i), GOP

and that's just the fed races,,,

Imagine a scoreboard in a basket ball game that shows a "projected score" favoring the home team. Advertising "winners" this far ahead of Nov 3 sounds like a tactic to discourage voters from showing up. The old "our votes don't count" ploy.

Exactly. This state is sick to the core. Every aspect of daily life is tainted and manipulated and taxed to death.

Nearly half of all Illinois statehouse seats uncontested.

...(The Center Square) – Nearly half of the seats up for grabs at the Illinois statehouse this election are uncontested.

An analysis by The Center Square of statehouse candidate filings to the Illinois State Board of Elections found of the 118 House seats that are up every two years, 52 seats have only one candidate running. That’s 44 percent.

Eight of the 52 House seats are held by Republicans who don’t face an opponent. Democrats hold the rest.

Half (11 of 22) state Senate seats up this cycle only have one candidate. Only two are Republicans uncontested.

A separate analysis of all states by Ballotpedia found Illinois’ statehouse was the fifth-worst state for competitive races in the 2020 election...

Where is the link to this on the DH pages? Other than the direct link posted above I cant find it. Was looking for their description of the link "article".

Sadly, it just proves that the votes have already been counted and the winners declared.

at least the Dailey Herald is honest about it.

I could not find it either. BTW:The link in the OP is now a dead end.

I suspect that the list was of their endorsements or predictions.

If the votes have already be counted, then we do not have to bother to vote?

This not the time to discourage people from voting.

Regardless of how positive or negative the predictions and polls for our side are, still cast your ballot.

Ah yes, Project Veritas, the right-wing propaganda machine. Lol.

https://www.fox9.com/news/project-veritas-alleges-election-fraud-evidence-scant

No propaganda when they caught planned parenthood selling babies body parts..

or: http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=76118&hl=

Lol. They didn't catch anyone selling anything. Educate yourself.

https://oversight.house.gov/planned-parenthood-fact-v-fiction

Yes. Propaganda. Right wing nut job propaganda. That's what Project Veritas is, and peddles in. Nothing more. I'd question the mental acuity of anyone who believes anything they say.

Where is the link to this on the DH pages? Other than the direct link posted above I cant find it. Was looking for their description of the link "article".

Sadly, it just proves that the votes have already been counted and the winners declared.

at least the Dailey Herald is honest about it.

I could not find it either. BTW:The link in the OP is now a dead end.

I suspect that the list was of their endorsements or predictions.

If the votes have already be counted, then we do not have to bother to vote?

This not the time to discourage people from voting.

Regardless of how positive or negative the predictions and polls for our side are, still cast your ballot.

This. It was simply a list of predictions... something that every single news outlet will do leading up to an election... for every single election.

I took it simply as a list of predictions by someone at AP. News orgs do this with other things like having obituaries pre written while the person is still alive (yet they get accidentally released). Its going to allow them to change a few things and get published sooner than creating new ones from scratch on election night. Plus with so many uncontested races, they are not likely to be wrong on those!

I expect the missing link now indicates it was an accidental publishing.

Ah yes, Project Veritas, the right-wing propaganda machine. Lol.

https://www.fox9.com/news/project-veritas-alleges-election-fraud-evidence-scant

No propaganda when they caught planned parenthood selling babies body parts..

or: http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=76118&hl=

Lol. They didn't catch anyone selling anything. Educate yourself.

https://oversight.house.gov/planned-parenthood-fact-v-fiction

Yes. Propaganda. Right wing nut job propaganda. That's what Project Veritas is, and peddles in. Nothing more. I'd question the mental acuity of anyone who believes anything they say.

PP does sell body parts. To think the perfect record they hold hasn't sold any nefariously is just ignorant and naive.

No comment on the ballot shenanagins?

Lol. Did you read anything in the link that I sent? Or are you just going to be willfully ignorant to the actual facts? I don't peddle in unproven conspiracy theories, sorry. Go read the facts from the House Oversight Committee that I linked for you. Again, educate yourself.

And my posts were in response to the ballot stuff... look above my first post in here. It was directed at the two videos someone posted related to the ballot garbage. Project Veritas is a hack organization, which peddles in far right wing nutjob propaganda. Nothing more. Again, i question the mental acuity of anyone who believes a word they say. If you think there is any basis in facts in those videos, you're the one who is ignorant and naive. Project Veritas is a proven propaganda machine that does nothing but peddle in conspiracy theories and nonsense.

Your link is to a local news outlet in Minneapolis.

That isn't proof of actual "facts".

It's like Chuck Goudie in Chicago.

"The outfit wants to kill me".

No Chuck, they really don't care.

I dropped a link to a local Fox news outlet related to the Minneapolis stuff, because it points out there's zero evidence provided by Project Veritas related to the ballot bull****. Just like everything else Project Veritas, it's nothing but a load of BS propaganda. Because Project Veritas is nothing but a BS organization that peddles in conspiracy theories and propaganda. Period.

The FACTS I talked about were related to the person who was trying to defend Project Veritas by talking about Planned Parenthood selling baby parts... and I posted a link to the House Oversight Committee findings on it for him to read. Those facts. May want to re-read everything again.

Actually your link proves they indeed do sell body parts.

PP just doesn't "profit" from it.

Facts: Planned Parenthood receives reasonable reimbursement for its tissue donation services, as expressly permitted by law.

This law prohibits the receipt of any “valuable consideration” for fetal tissue while expressly permitting “reasonable payments” for costs, including “transportation, implantation, processing, preservation, quality control, or storage of human fetal tissue.”

It's your link.

Lol.

Nice mental gymnastics. I'll give you that much.

Receiving reasonable reimbursement for donations to cover the costs associated with those donations, is not "selling" something.

Great business model, eh? To sell something, and not profit from it...

Actually your link proves they indeed do sell body parts.

PP just doesn't "profit" from it.

Facts: Planned Parenthood receives reasonable reimbursement for its tissue donation services, as expressly permitted by law.

This law prohibits the receipt of any “valuable consideration” for fetal tissue while expressly permitting “reasonable payments” for costs, including “transportation, implantation, processing, preservation, quality control, or storage of human fetal tissue.”

It's your link.

Lol.

Receiving reasonable reimbursement for donations to cover the costs associated with those donations, is not "selling" something.

A couple of key words there.

"reasonable reimbursement" is selling.

They profit from it, just not in the way you think.

Lol. I'll leave you to your mental gymnastics.

Planned Parenthood was found to be doing nothing wrong/illegal based upon the Project Veritas "investigation" (entrapment) they were attempting.

Lol.

A couple of key words there.

"reasonable reimbursement" is selling.

They profit from it, just not in the way you think.

Lol. I'll leave you to your mental gymnastics.

Planned Parenthood was found to be doing nothing wrong/illegal based upon the Project Veritas "investigation" (entrapment) they were attempting.

You could use a little mental gymnastics yourself. Your "should I add a personal insult to this post" filter is weak and could use some exercise, my friend.

You could use a little mental gymnastics yourself. Your "should I add a personal insult to this post" filter is weak and could use some exercise, my friend.

That's not an insult. That's me saying he's going through everything in his head to try and spin something how he wants it, as opposed to the actual truth/facts.

This is what I'm talking about in those posts...

-"Mental gymnastics" happen when our brains spiral into destructive thought patterns--making up excuses or arguments for unjustifiable decisions or situations.

Do you think I was calling him dumb or something? I wasn't, so sorry if that's the way it was seen. It was me simply saying he was trying to spin things in his favor to match up with his opinion, as opposed to looking at the facts and truth.

Do you think I was calling him dumb or something?

No, I think you are saying that he's jumping through a lot of hoops to come to his conclusions which you think are wrong. The same could be stated about your opinions. We all come here to support the Second Amendment and advance the right to carry in IL. We do not come here expecting to agree on all the other social issues and ills of the world. When someone states an opinion, you or anyone else have not been assigned the task of jumping in and showing them the error of their ways. State your opinion then go about your business without all the 'clever' put downs and insults.

Archived