Utah Lowers Price for CCW Permit

boog

We just received a letter from Utah yesterday telling us the Non-Resident permit will be $51.25 effective April 1st because they have lowered the background check fee. It may be lowered again depending upon current legislation down to $51.00. Just letting everyone know.

Boog

Good to know, even though I won't be up for renewal for another 2 years. It's nice to see an occasional price drop, as almost everything else recently has been going through the roof.

• 2 weeks later...
Im such a newb my florida still has 7+ years left. used it six times already though, i travel a lot. Kinda off subject but is the UTAH worth it for someone who never goes to Neveda, except maybe vegas and i will be too drunk to carry anyways, just seems like i don't pick up anything extra other than nevada and south carolina, i guess wisonsin but i dont ever go there either, hmmmmm

Im such a newb my florida still has 7+ years left. used it six times already though, i travel a lot. Kinda off subject but is the UTAH worth it for someone who never goes to Neveda, except maybe vegas and i will be too drunk to carry anyways, just seems like i don't pick up anything extra other than nevada and south carolina, i guess wisonsin but i dont ever go there either, hmmmmm

If you ask me UTAH is the permit to have.Only $55 dollars for 33 states,no range time involved.Is it worth it to get a Florida permit? Sure,if you travel to Florida! It will cost you the price of the permit + 4 hours at a firing range just to gain a state or two.

In all honesty....I think it IS worth it to have BOTH permits.Also,I think every person carrying a firearm should have to have _____hours of firing range time to prove they can handle a weapon safely.I'm probably going to get yelled at for this one. :devil:

Your Florida permit gets you Florida, Kansas, and New Mexico. Your Utah permit doesn't. You can also use your Florida permit in Utah.

Your Utah permit gets you Wsconsin and Minnesota. Your Florida permit doesn't. You cannot use your Utah permit in Florida unless you a Utah resident

Your Pennsylvania permit will get you Wisconsin, but not Minnesota.

None of these will get you Nevada or South Carolina, unless you are a Florida resident with a FL permit, then you get SC.

I received the Utah permit and I plan to use that to obtain an Arizona for $60 (fingerprint card, application, copy of Utah). You can use the Arizona in Nevada if that's what you want.

Check out the combinations of non-resident permits on:

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

Also a note on Arizona. If you are a Veteran you can send your DD 214 and they will wave their range time as you passed the firearms portion of your basic training and that satisfies their requirement.

Chris

Can anyone speak to the AZ process?

Looks like you have to call in to get the application?

Can anyone do the fingerprints? Or must it be the police?

Request application, they will mail it to you - http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Concealed_Weapons/Contact/

No LEO required for prints (they send two copies for you to submit)

$60 must be certified check or money order (no personal checks or credit cards)

No picture required

I used a copy of my Utah permit for proof of training

Simple application to fill out

Turn-around time varies but I'm hearing 3 to 4 weeks recently

Archived