Where is my FOID card?

il-19-26

What is going on with the ISP? I sent in my application in the middle of May, and they sent it back over a month later, with a note that said I used the old form, and they sent me a new one, with not one word changed, or one boxed moved. The only difference is that the boxes were slightly larger. I called yesterday, as it is approaching sixty days since I sent it in originally, and the response I got was, "our background checks are running about tow to three weeks behind, you should have your card by the second week of August."

What the hey!!! happened to thirty-days? I was planning on having done a few training courses by now, instead I am sitting on the internet with my Visa going, "I can't buy anything yet!"

I can't think of anything to type except for profanities, so I will stop.

Welcome to Blowhardovich's Illinois. He has stripped the FOID office of much of it's resources in order to do all he can to gut the Second Amendment in Illinois.

Think Mayor Daley mandating that all handguns in Chicago must be registered and then refusing to register any after 1984. Now think of Blowhardovich and his ilk mandating a FOID card to purchase any firearms and then making it harder and harder to apply for one or renew one.

Don't like it? Vote them out of office.

Green party, show all of them that you are fed up.

Green party?

They are as bad on guns as Daley and Blago, maybe worse.

While they do their best to hide this fact, if you look closely at the people involved, they are often virulently opposed to 2A rights.

They are explicitly opposed to 1A rights as well.

Yes, but if you get enough to vote green, even though they will not have enough to take office, it will show the two major parties that there is disconetent with them, and that they need to respond to the wishes of the people in their districts. I know that most do not support the green party for issues not related to the environment, but I do favor their environmental stances, and would like to see those adopted by the big players, there are limited resources.

Yes, but if you get enough to vote green, even though they will not have enough to take office,

A wasted vote that would prove nothing. I won't do it!

I have to agree. The stakes are simply too high. Whether you like it or not, the next governor will be Rod or JBT. There are no viable 3rd party candidates who will generate near enough votes to make a difference. I know that's frustrating, and I know people will claim that the reason they don't get votes is because people have that attitude.

I support the Libertarian party on most matters, but I know better than to throw my votes away under most circumstances. Third parties need to start small if they want to get anywhere. Get some Libertarian/Green/whatever candidate elected to the county board, then maybe mayor of a small town, and finall a seat in the GA. This sort of thing takes decades to happen.

A maveric, dark horse candidate from a third party is not going to suddenly be elected to a major office like governor or President without all the thankless work beforehand (Ventura from Minnesota is a notable exception, and the circumstances there were much different than here right now).

It's Topinka or Rod. Every vote that doesn't go to Topinka is one less that Rod will have to overcome.

I just gotFOID's for my two kids and the turn-a-round was 4 weeks on 1, and 3 weeks on the other mailed about 3 days apart. this was late May. FOID card has a much different look. Blago must not have realized they spent some money on PVC card printers!

Just sent the wifes in 5 days ago, she never told me hers was expired . Maybe there is an improvement.

I need to renew mine before sept 1st this year. So i will keep track of how long its taking right now to get them back....

gunnmen01

Remember your expiration date will be getting close to hunting season....where there will most likly be a rush for cards.

Keep that in mind.

Which brings to mind a somewhat related question, if I may?

With my C&R, I noticed one of the outfits ask for a copy of IL FOID's to be supplied with the license, just to cover the letter of the law. Do you think I would have to send them another copy when I renew my FOID?

I DO plan on renewing my foid wasaaaaaayyyyy early 'just in case' you might have already guessed.

Archived