Instructors Still Under Review

hrlydrvr

Just wondering if there are any other instructors still under review. My info:

Sent and paid: 12/18/13

Application # 37

Called ISP 2/27 and was told someone would call back, nothing!

Emailed State Rep. Brian Stewart 3/6, no response yet!

I have not even a traffic ticket in the past 10 years.

Not sure what to do from here!

Ideas?

There are a number of us in the same situation. I applied and paid 12/18. My application has been "Under Review" since I applied and in 10 days the 90 days will be up. My letters to my State Rep and Senator will be going out next week.

Another thread on this here http://illinoiscarry...=30#entry686420

My understanding is that you remain under review until your license ships. Approved status is for those that are ready to go out. That way the expiration date doesn't start early.

I thought the instructors were to be issued before students to "test" the system. Guess not!

My understanding is that you remain under review until your license ships. Approved status is for those that are ready to go out. That way the expiration date doesn't start early.

Molly,

Yes, I understand that and have no problem with it. Nor do I have a problem with licenses being issued to folks who applied later. But there seems to be a number of the instructors who applied on 12/18 (the "beta test") who are not being addressed, we seem to have been set aside for some reason. I know of no reason why this is happening but if there is a problem with my application I think I should have been notified so I can correct it.

Molly,

Yes, I understand that and have no problem with it. Nor do I have a problem with licenses being issued to folks who applied later. But there seems to be a number of the instructors who applied on 12/18 (the "beta test") who are not being addressed, we seem to have been set aside for some reason. I know of no reason why this is happening but if there is a problem with my application I think I should have been notified so I can correct it.

I didn't apply as early as that, mine was on 1/3. But I thought the same thing. "Maybe I entered something wrong?" Emailed the ISP and they told me there was no problem with my app. Still under review though.

I've been "Approved" since the beginning of this second approval event with an expiration date of 2/27/2019 with no license yet.

Molly,

I agree Denny. At least we should have received an email if the app was wrong.

I work for a Village and speak with the police chief often. He has advised me after looking over the list of applications that made mistakes that I am not listed as needing a correction.

I read somewhere some instructors got caught in a "coding error". I am wondering if the ISP is so busy running new apps they are not checking old ones.

If I do an element search my Under Reviewis is listed as Approved!

I've been "Approved" since the beginning of this second approval event with an expiration date of 2/27/2019 with no license yet.

So has Mr. B.

Glad I'm not alone… waiting patiently.

Get ready to be test cases once again. For when the statutory time mandate is violated. I will be alerting my legislators next week.

The fact that status doesn't change from "under review" to "approved" until licenses are ready to be shipped is not new info and does not answer the question. It seems we are on our own.

Molly,

Any seemingly lack of gratitude should not be directed toward you, IC, or anyone else on our side. It appears I came off that way and I apologize. It's not your job to implement FCCL. This is ISP's charge. I do indeed deeply appreciate all you and others have done and are doing in this monumental task. We are "on our own" ultimately since we cannot expect you, IC, or anyone, to carry us all the way through. We are responsible for ourselves. You have done more than your part already.

Molly,

Any seemingly lack of gratitude should not be directed toward you, IC, or anyone else on our side. It appears I came off that way and I apologize. It's not your job to implement FCCL. This is ISP's charge. I do indeed deeply appreciate all you and others have done and are doing in this monumental task. We are "on our own" ultimately since we cannot expect you, IC, or anyone, to carry us all the way through. We are responsible for ourselves. You have done more than your part already.

I agree, Thanks Molly.

We're all in this together, frustrations and all. I have asked the ISP if there is a common thread between these instructors who are still under review.

Beyond just instructors, the generally non-sequential nature of the licenses going out is pretty frustrating. There are a lot of 12/18 through 1/5 applicants who are still waiting, with some 1/6+ applicants who already have licenses in hand.

We're all in this together, frustrations and all. I have asked the ISP if there is a common thread between these instructors who are still under review.

Beyond just instructors, the generally non-sequential nature of the licenses going out is pretty frustrating. There are a lot of 12/18 through 1/5 applicants who are still waiting, with some 1/6+ applicants who already have licenses in hand.

After having toured the facility, I can clearly see why this would be. So many factors that can cause an application to be routed into different ques for different verifications, corrections, completions, to be checked and rechecked. It is really quite a process.

Molly add me to the list that was approved 2-27 applied 12-18 and still no license.

I really do understand the frustration. I live with one these instructors . .. Mr. B applied Dec. 18, approved Feb. 27, wife has license, he does not . . . he says he can have a loaded gun in the car now - as long as I am with him but if I get out and go into a store . . . he's sunk. Not a happy camper.

Molly add me to the list that was approved 2-27 applied 12-18 and still no license.

I really do understand the frustration. I live with one these instructors . .. Mr. B applied Dec. 18, approved Feb. 27, wife has license, he does not . . . he says he can have a loaded gun in the car now - as long as I am with him but if I get out and go into a store . . . he's sunk. Not a happy camper.

Ha that is definitely worse than I have it. Poor guy. Shot to the old manhood to have his wife protecting him:). Just kidding.

Instructor applicant

Applied and and paid on 12/18 (w/ prints, of course).

Experienced the temporary approval that many others saw.

Still Under Review, no other info/status provided.

Ex-military, multiple CHL's (all requiring background checks and fingerprints) going back to 1998.

Nothing but an occasional speeding ticket in the last 25 years.

The only oddity about my application was the ISP's system insisted on rotating my uploaded photo 90º CCW. No matter how many times or how many different pics I tried (Mac + Safari- the only way I could submit the app). Pic is still 90º CCW today on my "Under Review" app.

I hear you! My experience is nearly the same as you except my picture was ok but I uploaded it along with my letter and then uploaded it in the proper place. It's still there. But absolutely NOTHING has changed on my application since I applied. It just sits there "Under Review" with no communication from ISP. About a week to go before the 90 days is up.

Done checking website and seeing nothing but "Under Review" day in and day out. Sick of it. Haven't checked since Friday and will not from here on out. On day 91 will call reps if no licence received. Only recourse I have. I have to let this go. Had one speeding ticket 13 years ago. This is only "brush" with the law in the 65 years of my life. Went through all this background stuff way back in September of last year when applied for instructor. Obviously got through local LE review as never under Board Review. Asinine.

Archived