Shepard update 7/27 -- dismissed as moot

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., September 30, 2013 at 01:24 AM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., September 30, 2013 at 01:24 AM - No reason given

I was live scanned at Woodford Co. jail for my job as a teacher. Is that scan still on record, and can it be used for our purposes of Il. CC instructor?

Todd implied in the Fingerprint thread that the ISP will likely not accept prints older than 30 days.

What's going on here? I'm confused.

Given the amount of topic drift in this thread I think many are saying the same thing.

Longer than that unless the state caves heh. They gotta hear orals then vote then draft an opinion and circulate it and yada yada. So more like....well I'd hope late October but who knows.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Longer than that unless the state caves heh. They gotta hear orals then vote then draft an opinion and circulate it and yada yada. So more like....well I'd hope late October but who knows.

Well this don't sound like quick relief to me.

I have a Florida permit and when I applied I had to get fingerprinted by A CERTIFIED LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER / AGENCY and they wanted the name , address and badge number from the agency. My Utah permit prints and photo were taken by the guy who held the class and is an official Utah instructor. I don't know if a private business can take the Illinois or other states prints but that would be great and would hopefully speed up the process plus someone gets to have a job and earn some dough from it.

Well if they still want a badge number then I'm in trouble because the jailer/deputy just signed the print card heh. I filled in the LE agency info as per instructions. It said absolutely nothing about a badge number on the instructions, I really hope I didn't miss anything.

Well if they still want a badge number then I'm in trouble because the jailer/deputy just signed the print card heh. I filled in the LE agency info as per instructions. It said absolutely nothing about a badge number on the instructions, I really hope I didn't miss anything.

Skinny, I sent in my app in May of this year and it may be different if you had yours awhile. my application said the officer has to fill out the agency name and address and she ( local officer ) said they will want a badge #. I'm sure your fine since they sent it to you.

I was live scanned at Woodford Co. jail for my job as a teacher. Is that scan still on record, and can it be used for our purposes of Il. CC instructor?

Kane, McHenry and Winnebago Counties also have LiveScan (or something darn similar) at their Regional Offices of Education. I am sure many other ROEs have the same.

Less than 2 weeks to go until ISP hits the 60 day deadline and will BEGIN to approve classes and instructors. they have claimed they are way ahead on this so I am sure we will all be enlightened very soon. ha ha ha. I wish I knew when BEGIN ends and actual info. we need starts.

http://www.connecttristates.com/news/story.aspx?id=938747

Illinois concealed carry case headed to court

Posted: 08.26.2013 at 2:00 PM

(AP) -- A federal appeals court will hear arguments Oct. 3 over a push by gun rights advocates to let Illinois residents immediately tote firearms in public under the state's fledgling concealed-carry law.

Mary Shepard and the Illinois State Rifle Association want the Chicago-based 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to intervene after failing to sway a federal judge in East St. Louis to allow immediate concealed carry.

The Illinois Legislature passed the last-in-the-nation concealed-carry law July 9 against Gov. Pat Quinn's objections, giving Illinois State Police 180 days to set up the permit process and an additional 90 days to process applications.

Shepard and the rifle group consider that "foot-dragging."

The state counters the legal challenge is moot, and that the permitting process should be allowed to run its course.

(Copyright ©2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

I just got fingerprints taken in the Peoria County Sheriff's office and they have no capability for digital fingerprints. They have no staffing to take the fingerprints. This in itself will cause a huge delay in getting the application process underway.

That would be hard to understand if this wasn't Illinois, especially since I had digital fingerprints at the Sangamon County Regional Office of Education. I think even the Springfield School District unit office can do them.

Way to be on top of the news, Associated Press. It's been 19 days since the order announcing orals was docketed. Is it coincidence that it's been exactly 30 days since Stiehl dismissed Shepard?

It's hard to read that even with my magnifiers.

Maybe an eye exam should be added to the permitting process?

I thought you either had to have a driver's license (which required an eye test) or pass an equivalent eye exam to qualify for a permit.

I thought you either had to have a driver's license (which required an eye test) or pass an equivalent eye exam to qualify for a permit.

A State ID meets the requirements under Section 30/40 and requires no vision test to obtain...

• 2 weeks later...

Wake me in January......cause ain't nothing coming til then.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2utte9l7e1rtfiewo1_500.gif

*yes we'll probably be able to get courses and paperwork done before that I know I know, it's a joke folks

Nope but Clifford Berlow filed notice of appearance earlier this month and filed a Circuit Rule 34(a) argument confirmation aka filing notice that he's presenting orals so Triebel is no longer first chair nor will he be presenting orals (I was looking forward to that).

Or maybe it was to approve the training courses? Seems so long ago, I forget...

Time table on permits From another post here at IC but I cant remember which one.

ISP has 60 days to finalize training requirements.

Sept 7, 2013

ISP has 180 days to start accepting permits

Jan 4, 2014

They have 90 days to issue a permit

April 5, 2014

If you choose not to submit fingerprints they have an extra 30 days

May 5, 2014

Actually there is a deadline. They must approve curriculum by today otherwise they will be in violation of the mandate contained in the FCCA.

Or maybe it was to approve the training courses? Seems so long ago, I forget...

Time table on permits From another post here at IC but I cant remember which one.

ISP has 60 days to finalize training requirements.

Sept 7, 2013

ISP has 180 days to start accepting permits

Jan 4, 2014

They have 90 days to issue a permit

April 5, 2014

If you choose not to submit fingerprints they have an extra 30 days

May 5, 2014

This is useful. Thanks for posting.

Actually there is a deadline. They must approve curriculum by today otherwise they will be in violation of the mandate contained in the FCCA.

That's what I was thinking when I asked. I looked on ISP website and did not see a list of instructores. There was a search box if you knew a last name.

Archived