TopGunSupply - ordering/shipping magazines to Chicago

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Illini2A312

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 02:37 PM

Was looking at some magazines on topgunsupply.com (thankfully they have that tool that you can verify where they can ship to and from what I've read on here they don't seem to give much hassle for Chicago addresses). I was wondering, is there a way on their site where you can upload a copy of your FOID and/or DL, or do they simply ask for it via email after you place your order (not clear either if they require it for non-firearm/non-ammo purchases)?

Thanks all.

#2 Euler

• Members
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 02:43 PM

I have never ordered from TopGun, but there's no reason they should need either your DL or FOID for just mags.

There's only one place I've shopped that had a special link for uploading DL and FOID images. All other places that I've shopped just ask customers to mail them.
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.

- Albert Camus, Resistance, Rebellion, and Death, 1960.

#3 InterestedBystander

• 6,803 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 02:46 PM

No FOID required for magazines so not sure why they would ask for it.
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#4 WitchDoctor

• 1,024 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 03:10 PM

No, they don't need it. Just order and you should be good.

IC Sponsor

ISRA Member

Proud Parent to a Wonderful Kid...

Tired of Chicago B.S.

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

#5 Gator4838

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 03:20 PM

I have never had a foid come into play on a mag purchase.I always read and look for any Chicago\il restrictions under either terms of service or shipping when buying guns,ammo,mags.some won't send 10+ mags to you.

#6 Illini2A312

• PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 05:19 PM

Thanks all, this was helpful. I was making sure since I've placed an order with Target Sports USA (another retailer listed on IC) before and they asked for my FOID right when I created my account/have an area on their site where you can upload it. Pretty good service too, I ordered on a Tuesday and received it that following Friday.

#7 ealcala31

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 06:55 PM

Thanks all, this was helpful. I was making sure since I've placed an order with Target Sports USA (another retailer listed on IC) before and they asked for my FOID right when I created my account/have an area on their site where you can upload it. Pretty good service too, I ordered on a Tuesday and received it that following Friday.

I am a non-retail FFL 5 miles south of Midway Airport and have a few Sig magazines for sale if that's what you are interested in. I mention it because many TopGunSupply shoppers look for Sig accessories on their website.

#8 lee n. field

• 1,998 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 09:49 AM

Was looking at some magazines on topgunsupply.com (thankfully they have that tool that you can verify where they can ship to and from what I've read on here they don't seem to give much hassle for Chicago addresses). I was wondering, is there a way on their site where you can upload a copy of your FOID and/or DL, or do they simply ask for it via email after you place your order (not clear either if they require it for non-firearm/non-ammo purchases)?

Thanks all.

Why would they want a FOID or DL?

"Woe to you who desire the day of the LORD!
Why would you have the day of the LORD?
It is darkness, and not light,"

#9 Illini2A312

• PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 12:41 PM

Thanks all.

Why would they want a FOID or DL?

They didn't ask when I placed the order as others here have said, just I'm new to buying gun parts online so wasn't sure.

Unrelated, but does anyone know of a good site for S&W parts in particular? A lot of the retailers I've browsed seem to cater to more popular brands such as Sig and Glock.

#10 Thiokol

• 2,446 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:56 PM

Unrelated, but does anyone know of a good site for S&W parts in particular? A lot of the retailers I've browsed seem to cater to more popular brands such as Sig and Glock.

Jack First in Rapid City, SD will probably have what you need: https://jack-first-g....myshopify.com/

U.S. Air Force Veteran
ISRA Member
Smith & Wesson Collectors Association Member #2262

#11 Illini2A312

• PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 11:03 PM

Jack First in Rapid City, SD will probably have what you need: https://jack-first-g....myshopify.com/

Thanks, had a look and it didn't have the S&W model I needed though (M&P). Replacement recoil springs in particular have been hard to find for some reason.

I will give a +1 for TopGunSupply though, I ordered on a Wednesday night, they processed it without hassle and I received my magazine the following Saturday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users