• Please log in to reply
7104 replies to this topic

#7081 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• Supporting Members Team
  • 12,895 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:10 PM

And the beat goes on.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#7082 Plinkermostly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 07:31 AM

rimshot

#7083 C0untZer0

Contributing Member in Arrears

• Members
  • 12,804 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:26 PM

https://duckduckgo.c...iai=oShTJ90fC34

Edited by C0untZer0, 15 April 2018 - 04:27 PM.

Mayor Bloomberg himself has recently turned his attention from oversize soft drinks to gun control, confirming the tendency of the Progressive to go from nanny to tyrant.
- N. A. Halkides -

“There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters” 
- Daniel Webster -

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule. 
- H. L. Mencken -

“Any government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have."

#7084 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 3,771 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:48 PM

https://duckduckgo.c...iai=oShTJ90fC34

F your D D Go
Have all boated who fish?

#7085 .40carry

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 08:28 PM

https://youtu.be/IYLTcn7-VcA

#7086 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 3,771 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:06 AM

Different Fife, we are many, like the stars. I hate cats. Don't quit your rugby job.

#7087 TRJ

Joyful Stoic

• 7,832 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:49 AM

Been a while since I put up something here about Walmart. 

Yesterday I went to Walmart. Then I washed my hands. It's kind of like going in the restroom where upon exit washing is necessary. So many people coughing. 

I'd avoid the place entirely, but I was looking for cheap and local .308.

#7088 THE KING

• Members
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:17 AM

Yesterday I went to Walmart. Then I washed my hands. It's kind of like going in the restroom where upon exit washing is necessary. So many people coughing. 

So what did they have in .308 and how was their prices.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
ISP Certified Illinois Conceal Carry Instructor
Retired Professional Firefighter / Paramedic

#7089 TRJ

Joyful Stoic

• 7,832 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:23 AM

Nothing I could find. The case was not organized at all. And there was a kid who wandered out of the toy section coughing. I couldn't hold my breath that long, so it became a quick scan that got abandoned out of concern for my health.  

#7090 THE KING

• Members
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:30 AM

Nothing I could find. The case was not organized at all. And there was a kid who wandered out of the toy section coughing. I couldn't hold my breath that long, so it became a quick scan that got abandoned out of concern for my health.

Thanks, guess I will just have to check out my Wally world next time I go shopping.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
ISP Certified Illinois Conceal Carry Instructor
Retired Professional Firefighter / Paramedic

#7091 rmart

• Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 08:30 PM

Drove past a Walmart today...

NRA Endowment Life Member

ISRA Member

Retired Firefighter/Paramedic

Father of two great kids and husband of one great wife

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars... ~unknown

The problem is not guns! It's hearts without God, homes without discipline, schools without prayer, and courts without justice. ~unknown

"A general dissolution of the principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy.

While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but once they lose their virtue, they will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader." ~ Samuel Adams 1779 to James Warren

Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. ~Daniel Webster

How much can you put in your signature before it becomes too long??

#7092 chislinger

• Members
  • 5,855 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 08:39 PM

Got some new tires at Walmart yesterday. While waiting wandered over to the ammo section and they had the Bucket o' Bullets for $74 which seemed reasonable for 1400 rounds. But I'm set on .22 for a while so I passed.
"I'm not worried about following the U.S. Constitution." - Washington County, Alabama Judge Nick Williams

#7093 Plinkermostly

• Members
  • 657 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:53 AM

Got a couple of (discounted) boxes of clays for $ 3 each -- but the boxes rattled and showed signs of trauma.  Price was about right.

#7094 Odinson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 09:06 AM

Not a real abduction?  I put my kids in the trunk to teach them how to escape but somehow, I don't think this is the same.

http://www.foxnews.c...er-back-in.html

Police in Virginia say a woman believed to have been abducted outside a Walmart was found safe Monday night after what officers are calling a "planned hoax."

Chesterfield County Police tweeted that the female, who was seemingly kidnapped in the parking lot of a Supercenter Sunday night, "walked into the Hull Street Police Station this evening (May 21) after seeing herself on local media outlets," and was "safe and unharmed."

Police said surveillance footage captured the female, who's now "safe and unharmed," escaping the vehicle and running away from a group of men, who seemingly forced her back into the car.

She showed up at the station with "one of the men involved in this incident," police said.

Authorities previously alerted that around 9 p.m. on Sunday witnesses reported seeing what appeared to be an abduction.

Bystanders said that a four-door seafoam green sedan with Virginia license plates and two different kinds of hubcaps pulled up outside the store. As a man approached the car and opened one of its doors, "a female jumped out of the trunk and fled."

The department wrote on Facebook that two men got out of the car and chased after the woman, described as black and between the ages of 15 and 20 years old with her hair pulled back.

The men caught the woman, "who struggled as they forced her through the parking lot and back into the vehicle," police said, before they drove quickly from the scene.

#7095 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 12,895 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:09 AM

I was afraid this thread died.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#7096 TRJ

Joyful Stoic

• 7,832 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:18 AM

Unpossible. That's a "word" I heard at Walmart while checking out with the self scanner rig. The guy on the next one over had to call for help because the barcode wasn't legible on something he had and it was "unpossible" to scan.  I'm blaming public schools for that one.

#7097 Talonap

• Members
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 01:12 PM

Unpossible. That's a "word" I heard at Walmart while checking out with the self scanner rig. The guy on the next one over had to call for help because the barcode wasn't legible on something he had and it was "unpossible" to scan.  I'm blaming public schools for that one.

With everything going on, I almost FORGOT about it. Must make a sacrifice to the WM Gods and Godesses!

#7098 GTX63

• Members
  • 4,496 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:38 AM

I was blaming society and modern culture for the devolving of the english language into text style shortcuts, ie LOL, WTH, TEOTWAWKI, and then I heard myself telling my wife "M R 2 snakes!"

#7099 papa

• Members
  • 5,760 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 12:08 PM

I was blaming society and modern culture for the devolving of the english language into text style shortcuts, ie LOL, WTH, TEOTWAWKI, and then I heard myself telling my wife "M R 2 snakes!"

L I B M R snakes !

#7100 TRJ

Joyful Stoic

• 7,832 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:17 PM

Is that anything like No Step On Snek?

#7101 Plinkermostly

• Members
  • 657 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:26 AM

Going to Walmart today -- cold coffee this morning -- microwave died.  I will be carrying. 

#7102 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 3,771 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:53 AM

Be careful out there.

#7103 TRJ

Joyful Stoic

• 7,832 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:24 AM

Going to Walmart today -- cold coffee this morning -- microwave died.  I will be carrying. 

At Starbucks they pour they that over ice and sell it to hipsters for $7.

#7104 TRJ

Joyful Stoic

• 7,832 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:28 PM

http://www.mohavedai...17f74dc0ea.html
Ever forget a suitcase with $170k at Walmart? This doofus did.

#7105 C0untZer0

Contributing Member in Arrears

• Members
  • 12,804 posts

Posted Today, 11:14 AM

Man suspected of defrauding more than 1,000 Walmarts arrested

https://www.usatoday...sted/707691002/

A man suspected of defrauding more than 1,000 Walmart stores across the country by purchasing computers, stealing parts, then returning them was arrested in Yuma, Arizona on suspicion of trying to pull off the same scam at a store there, officials said

Mayor Bloomberg himself has recently turned his attention from oversize soft drinks to gun control, confirming the tendency of the Progressive to go from nanny to tyrant.
- N. A. Halkides -

“There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters” 
- Daniel Webster -

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule. 
- H. L. Mencken -

“Any government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users