States Where Illinois Carry Licensees May Carry

Molly B.

West Virginia "constitutional carry" took effect yesterday. Must be 21 or older, 18-20 still needs a recognized permit.

Added to the list. Who would have ever thought 3 yrs into the new law and our license would be recognized by this many states?!

I'm sure {D}a usual suspects are livid.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone put in an application for the Florida CCL?

I'd wager there's a large percentage of the membership here who have a Florida non-resident permit, myself included.

How'd you go about that process? I've been sort of looking into it but am unsure of how to do so.

I'd wager there's a large percentage of the membership here who have a Florida non-resident permit, myself included.

How'd you go about that process? I've been sort of looking into it but am unsure of how to do so.

Here ya go.

Should have everything you need there, but you're welcome to ask specific questions if you need. Just FYI, if you have your Illinois CCL already, the training you took is sufficient to get your Florida permit.

I went to FL and did mine. Much more enjoyable doing it that way. Had the license in 23 days.

If I recall, the biggest problem with getting the Florida permit is finding a police station that will do the fingerprint cards. Some do, some don't. And double check the instructions about filling out the agency's info......

If you are in Southern Illinois you could go to Murphysboro Police Department they will do it without appointment. Warning they charge $5 for doing prints. Yes 5 dollars. They won't fuss because the prints are for a LTC either.

Edited by junglebob

If I recall, the biggest problem with getting the Florida permit is finding a police station that will do the fingerprint cards. Some do, some don't. And double check the instructions about filling out the agency's info......

Yes. There are departments that will, but you have to call around. And the instructions are not intuitive for filling out the card. But both minor problems. :)

Is Colorado not the same as what is listed for Wyoming....

Does not recognize Illinois CC license, but allows open carry?

Perhaps that isn't correct, but that was my understanding four years ago when I went for an elk hunt.

Open carry is allowed outside of Denver County, and you can carry concealed in your car without a permit.

Just spent a week in Colorado, none of which was near Denver. Came across one local officer who didn't even acknowledge or make light of the fact I was carrying my full sized Springfield XD.

It felt very strange open carrying in public, I never had the strange feeling when I started carrying concealed, but open carry just isn't my thing.

• 2 months later...

Any Idea if/when Louisiana will accept IL carry permit? I know it does Utah (which I have also) but would like not to carry both cards on me.

Not any time soon...Illinois would need to recognize theirs.

http://www.lsp.org/handguns.html

..."RECIPROCITY

Effective August 15, 2004, the concealed handgun laws were amended concerning reciprocity with other states. The statute provides as follows:

"...A current and valid concealed handgun permit issued by another state shall be deemed to be valid within this state if a current and valid concealed handgun permit issued by Louisiana is valid in those states." Louisiana law requires residents of the State of Louisiana to possess a Louisiana permit to carry a concealed weapon in this state. Louisiana law does not prohibit residents from obtaining permits from other states to carry in those states.

Pursuant to R.S. 40:1379.3(T)(1) a valid permit in another state is valid in Louisiana if the issuing state honors concealed handgun permits issued by Louisiana...."

• 2 weeks later...

There's some confusing reciprocity with Alabama on the USCCA and USA Carry websites as far as if they will honor only an Illinois permit.

USCCA states Alabama will NOT honor only an Illinois CCW. (Nor honor a non-resident permit from Florida)

USA Carry states Alabama WILL honor an Illinois permit.

Arkansas is a toss up!!

FANTASTIC!!

WE NEED NATIONAL RECIPROCITY!!!!

Both Alabama and Arkansas recognize all permits (resident or non-resident) for all visitors to their states.

US CCA's website is wrong and should be disregarded.

I would suggest http://handgunlaw.us/as the most consistently correct source of information which also includes links to state information pages. USA Carry's interactive map is better for multiple permits.

http://ago.alabama.gov/Page-Gun-Reprocity-Law

Per Alabama Code Section 13A-11-85, Alabama will recognize any valid out of state carry conceal permit.

http://asp.arkansas.gov/services-and-programs/detail/concealed-handgun-licensing

Is my concealed handgun carry license issued in another state honored in Arkansas? Yes, but you are bound by the Arkansas concealed handgun carry law and rules.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

New Hampshire: Governor Sununu Signs Constitutional Carry Bill Into Law

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/02/dean-weingarten/nh-governor-sununu-signs-constitutional-carry/

Will this let us carry in NH now_?

My interpretation is "yes." From SB 12:

III. The availability of a license to carry a loaded pistol or revolver under this section or under any other provision of law shall not be construed to impose a prohibition on the unlicensed transport or carry of a firearm in a vehicle, or on or about one’s person, whether openly or concealed, loaded or unloaded, by a resident, nonresident, or alien if that individual is not otherwise prohibited by statute from possessing a firearm in the state of New Hampshire.

• 2 years later...