New applicant for FOID card with some questions.

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum. However, I have been reading posts off and on here for sometime. I decided to finally make an account. I just applied for my FOID card 3 days ago on my 21st birthday. It appears that they processed my payment either sometime yesterday or sometime today as I now have an application number in addition to a FOID number when I log into their site. Hopefully this is a signal of the FOID process moving along in a timely fashion. I did notice some few strange things when checking up on my application today. Now that they issued me an application number after processing my payment, I have been able to click links to edit my name, address, etc. I noticed that when I clicked on my name, the ISP has added a Maiden Name which is listed as my current name. I am a male, and this is my "original" last name that I've had since birth. I definitely didn't type anything into this field when I applied. So I went ahead and removed it and a message came up saying the submitted date on my application has changed to the current date of when I changed this information. I was wondering if any of you experienced anything like this? I also clicked the link for my address (which was correct) and I noticed it was asking for the past 10 years of residencies. I went ahead and filled out my last few addresses that made up more than 10 years and the same message came up on my screen. I hope this doesn't reset the 30 day period of waiting. If it did, it's not too big of a deal as I only applied 3 days ago but any delay still isn't preferred. Also, does anyone have an idea of what the current wait times might be? I previously lived in a state that didn't have any sort of firearm permit so this is slightly new to me as someone who will be a firearm owner for the first time.

I would appreciate some input. Thanks!

Edited by MisterTams

Are you sure that you applied for a FOID and not CCL? I just helped my gf apply for hers a couple weeks ago and she never had to enter in address history (I've never heard of that for FOIDs) but they do require 10 year address history for CCL applicants.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

skinnyb82,

Yes it is FOID 110% sure. It says "Your Firearm Owner's Identification Card", Status - Under Review. While I do see the other panel that lists "Your Concealed Carry License", the status is listed as; Status - Not on File. When I did the initial application I don't believe it asked for a 10 year residence history. It was once I logged into the ISP site to check on my FOID application status. It lists my FOID number, application number. Above that I see my name, address, phone, and email address. If I click on the button to edit the address listed, it asks me to enter 10 years of residence history. But yeah, when I did the initial application I don't recall anything about entering my residence history. I just had to enter my current address at that point in time.

I think the name, address, and other personal information is linked to the account in general.

Ah OK now that makes complete sense (because asking for 10 year address history when you wanna modify your current address is nonsensical and we overcomplicate stuff here in Illanoy). This is only a guess, but I'm gonna say that it'll delay you since the application uses your DLN or state ID info to populate the fields on the application, so that's likely where the "maiden name" came from...the Secretary of State's office. And when DLN and the info on the FOID app don't match up, hello manual review. I would PM Molly B. just in case and reference this thread.

Oh, and a belated welcome to Illinois Carry.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Ah OK now that makes complete sense (because asking for 10 year address history when you wanna modify your current address is nonsensical and we overcomplicate stuff here in Illanoy). This is only a guess, but I'm gonna say that it'll delay you since the application uses your DLN or state ID info to populate the fields on the application, so that's likely where the "maiden name" came from...the Secretary of State's office. And when DLN and the info on the FOID app don't match up, hello manual review. I would PM Molly B. just in case and reference this thread. Oh, and a belated welcome to Illinois Carry. Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your input. "Ill-annoy" definitely over complicates things! In Ohio, it was much simpler. Like I said I hope this doesn't delay anything. If it did, it will probably be a minor delay since I only filled out the online application 3 days ago. I will be in touch with Molly B to see if I can learn more.