Under board review in IL. Florida CCL approved in 20 days...

Hey all, like most of you know, I have been Under Board Review here in Illinois for almost a year and let me tell you it has been a very frustrating year. That being the case, I have recently decided to apply for my FL CCL (since I will be traveling to yellow stone with my girlfriend in the coming days). Much to my surprise, I was approved in just 20 days from the date I sent out my application (by mail). It took them roughly 2 weeks to review my application and approve me.

Sent by mail: 6/01/2017

Received application: 6/05/2017

Approved: 06/20/2017

I wanted to make this thread for those of you who are UBR (for fictitious reasons) here in IL. If you travel often and want to start carrying legally in other states, I would recommend applying for a Florida or Utah CCL. The process is fairly simple (being UBR here in IL does not have any impact on your application).

Hopefully, the good folks of illinoiscarry can get legislation passed that will start holding the LE's especially, Tom Dart and his phony crew accountable for making fictitious objections. Until then, be patient and keep your nose clean.

Hey all, like most of you know, I have been Under Board Review here in Illinois for almost a year and let me tell you it has been a very frustrating year. That being the case, I have recently decided to apply for my FL CCL (since I will be traveling to yellow stone with my girlfriend in the coming days). Much to my surprise, I was approved in just 20 days from the date I sent out my application (by mail). It took them roughly 2 weeks to review my application and approve me.

Sent by mail: 6/01/2017

Received application: 6/05/2017

Approved: 06/20/2017

I wanted to make this thread for those of you who are UBR (for fictitious reasons) here in IL. If you travel often and want to start carrying legally in other states, I would recommend applying for a Florida or Utah CCL. The process is fairly simple (being UBR here in IL does not have any impact on your application).

Hopefully, the good folks of illinoiscarry can get legislation passed that will start holding the LE's especially, Tom Dart and his phony crew accountable for making fictitious objections. Until then, be patient and keep your nose clean.

Congratulations on the Florida License. On your trip to Yellowstone , if you go through Cody , WY , be sure to stop at the Buffalo Bill Museum if you have time .

Link ---> https://centerofthewest.org/

• 2 weeks later...

Archived